Languish on benefits?

thats the problem though remus ....

everyone is in the hat together !! and pulling out the genuine cases and the lazy ar*** dole swallowing layabouts is near on impossible !!

dooby-duck

I think they will probably go for the easiest targets to get their benefit claimant numbers down. They won't want to tackle the benefit culture where no one in generations of a family work. They are the sort who know their human rights inside out and will intimidate and threaten people to get their own way. Genuine claimants will probably be bullied back into work through somekind of expensive scheme.

I'm just glad my circumstances are that I can work for my parents. These interviews, medicals and job centre visits must be hell.

mummylala

There are jobs ( well some), but i think that because there were and still are so many people being made redundant there are hundreds of people going for the same job..

My cousin has applied for 14 jobs this month already and all have over 150 applicants, its madness..

mummylala

Genuine claimants will probably be bullied back into work through somekind of expensive scheme.

My Hubby was sacked from his job because of problems he has with his hands (they said it was because the needed to cut back staff but friends in the office told us the real reason)

Well any ways there has been a new scheme in forced over here, condition management scheme ( i dont know if its the same anywhere else) anyone with an illness that is on benefits is to attend an appointment on a regular basis with a health professional suited to your illness, they are then to help you manage your illness to a point where you can get back into work.. I find it the biggest pile of crap to be honest, my hubby had to go to this just to be told that nothing could be done for him and that the scheme was more suited to people with mental health problems ( after being told that a physio therapist was arranged to take him on )..

I honestly find this as a way to bully genuine claimants back to work, one of the rules is that if you miss appointments and dont have a good enough excuse you loose your benefit.

I know a few people already that have lost their benefit because of the stress the scheme was causing them, i get soooooo angry because as this going on i see people claiming left right and centre when there isnt anything wrong with them.. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Smartie

Well considering I hardly leave the house I'll certainly be screwed if they consider me as fit for work! But like the OP says, I hope they target the scivers & not people who have real problems.

Masychefx2

Banned
i was on crappy jobseekers for a couple months felt like a right arsehole but then i got a job and it sucky big time

what i mean by crappy is i felt bad signing on and stuff

arent the torys raising VAT to 25% its fckn mental

Luke1993

25% that's unlikely. It may rise but not to that amount.

Anyway last time when trying to find a job in my area about 4 came up all of them were for waitering it was strange....there must be some sort of high demand for them (Although thinking back they could've all been for the same restaurant)! Yeah I wouldn't have minded having one of those jobs but all of them said experience was needed, and seeing as I haven't had a job before, I was doomed :eek:

I'm going to try and look again soon! I'm in education right now but I don't think there's any way I'll be seeing that through to the end!

Last edited: