Lack of sleep having an effect on the volume of SA?

Eyv

I find that the days after I've had trouble sleeping i often have my levels of SA noteworthy reduced, the less sleep I've had, the less effects of SA i experience the next day.
Sometimes it is just slightly, but there is days when it feels almost like its completely gone. In addition to being a walking zombie of course as a result of this.
It also works the other way around, on the days when i go to sleep very early, i feel the effects of SA dramatically increased, and i can go around being shaky for an entire day.
This is quite frustrating for me as i would want to be both awake for school, and being capable of handling social situations to some degrees. : /

Is it like this for any you too? Or is it only me

Last edited:

Silatuyok

I'm pretty much the opposite; if I don't get a good amount of sleep, then I don't feel like talking to anyone, and everything annoys me even more!

MikeyC

I find that the days after I've had trouble sleeping i often have my levels of SA noteworthy reduced, the less sleep I've had, the less effects of SA i experience the next day.
Sometimes it is just slightly, but there is days when it feels almost like its completely gone. In addition to being a walking zombie of course as a result of this.
It also works the other way around, on the days when i go to sleep very early, i feel the effects of SA dramatically increased, and i can go around being shaky for an entire day.
This is just a guess, but the more sleep you have, the more alert your brain is and it can function as it mostly should. When you get more sleep, your memory is also functioning at a higher capacity than when you don't. So, maybe you simply remember you have SA when you sleep more and, because your brain is alert, it's constantly aware of the social anxiousness you feel, and therefore it's heightened. When you don't sleep, you're walking around feeling more lethargic than you would anyway, so your physical self is already doing half the work for you.

I'm pretty much the opposite; if I don't get a good amount of sleep, then I don't feel like talking to anyone, and everything annoys me even more!
Yeah, this is me totally.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I'm the opposite too, the more sleep I get the better I feel and the more confident and productive I am able to be. I can understand why getting less sleep make feel like having less SA, when you're tired you're less alert, and probably have less energy to put into worrying about things.

Phoenixx

^ Yeah I'm the same way. Also when I don't get enough sleep, I tend to feel even more anxious and jittery and basically just a mess.