Just visited thefreedictionary.com.

cadaver_

I looked up the word Malajusted to get a clear definition of the word as I suffer from SAD, depression, and frequent suicidal fantasies. And to my pleasent suprise I saw a little cartoon man smiling madly in a straight-jacket next to the description :mad:. I immediately told them how insensitive this was in the Feedback section of their site. Maybe if we all do it they'll take it down. Thanks.

Sacrament

So? It's all about how you perceive your own problems and situations. People will often act like that, so we have to try and not be too surprised by it. They'll dismiss depression, SAD, OCD and so forth. You can't let yourself be offended by the definition you read.

You must consider that having you actually complain about it is probably one of the reasons they will keep it as it is. It's no big deal, really, and you can't let it affect you like it does. It's like reading an article on SAD where the writer says "people with SAD are mentally challenged" and so forth because they cannot understand how someone can be so socially inept when it seems like such a ridiculous thing. Yes, they're wrong, but it's useless to try to convince them otherwise when they refuse to have an open mind towards things like that.

Last edited:

Anubis

I looked it up and found this:
17EFAF-maladjusted.gif
??

Is this a late april fool's joke?

hippiechild

I actually searched for the entry mentioned and saved that little picture for temporary avatar use. Excellent find, Cadaver!

It was only used as a humorous example of someone who would be maladjusted. It doesn't mean that you have to be a lunatic to be maladjusted.

I'm most disturbed by his legs. Why does he have spidery zig-zags for legs? Yeah he's crazy, but that doesn't mean that his legs turn into purple lightning bolts ::p:

Sacrament

Stop sniping at people consider this your last warning.

Well, my comment was meant to 'imply' that it's not that big of a deal and that we can't take things like that so seriously, because if we do, then our actual problems will be much bigger than they should be.

Regardless, I edited it.

And yes, I am often blunt in the way I talk about certain things, but tough love is sometimes necessary. I know this from personal experience.

And I'm not sniping at anyone. I don't even know who this person is. If anything, I was sniping at whoever wrote that definition of SAD out of not being open-minded enough to accept it's an actual condition and does not mean those who suffer from it are mentally challenged or insane.

Danfalc

Banned
Regardless, I edited it.

Thats appreciated,anyway theres being blunt and there is being an ass.Like i said last warning.And just for furure reference,being blunt crosses into personal attack zone when you call someone a brat.

Last edited:

lyricalliaisons

I looked up the word Malajusted to get a clear definition of the word as I suffer from SAD, depression, and frequent suicidal fantasies. And to my pleasent suprise I saw a little cartoon man smiling madly in a straight-jacket next to the description :mad:. I immediately told them how insensitive this was in the Feedback section of their site. Maybe if we all do it they'll take it down. Thanks.

I completely understand why that bothers you so much. It bothers me & I don't even think I'd consider myself maladjusted. I'll probably go to that site & leave my own feedback. I don't think that's right. The unfortunate thing, though, is that there are a lot of people think negative things like that. Most people consider those with SAD to be psychopaths, which is totally untrue.

Sacrament

Thats appreciated,anyway theres being blunt and there is being an ass.Like i said last warning.And just for furure reference,being blunt crosses into personal attack zone when you call someone a brat.

You're actually bringing up another post of mine? It's not like that post was unfounded. If someone I knew were acting like that person, I'd call them a brat as well.

Most people are into sugar-coating around here, which is not going to help in the long-term. It's not like I said something terrible. What would you tell your kid of they were complaining because you wouldn't let them fly out to meet someone neither you nor them have ever met personally and possibly had other intentions which could be harmful/dangerous?

It's the typical teenager "oh my mom won't let me hook up with this 20-something year old I randomly met online and seems to like me for some reason" kind of thing. If I had said "ignore your mom, just go and have fun; don't let your SA get in the way", wouldn't that be worse than calling them a brat and asking them to snap out of it because it's possibly dangerous? How many kids do you see nowadays who mysteriously disappear only to reappear after days of having their parents and family members worry and panic simply because they weren't taught how dangerous the internet can really be?

If you don't call 'em out, it can get really bad. I hear stories like that on the news and feel angry at those kids who listen to teen soap operas and tv shows more than their own parents, unaware that all it takes is one trip to the unknown and they can get seriously hurt and/or disappear without a trace. There were a few recently, and I can only imagine what their parents go through. Their siblings create online blogs with pictures of their missing brothers or sisters, unable to sleep for days just because the kids felt like running away and not answer their phones just for the fun of it, just to go off and 'party' with friends somewhere far away without thinking about it twice. It's painful even to imagine what their families go through and if I have to say "stop being a brat; your mother is right no matter how much that annoys you", then I will, because that might just stop them from doing something crazy.

Last edited:

Danfalc

Banned
You're actually bringing up another post of mine? It's not like that post was unfounded.

Yeah i was trying to point out where being blunt and getting personal crosses,because that was a perfect example.You might have your reasons but we have rules.And calling someone a brat steps into personal attack's however you try and justify it.

I really have no wish to keep talking about this.Please stop argueing.