just started iontophoresis.

i made a homemade iontophoresis machine from a you tube video using 6 volt batteries, pie pans, & test leads. i just started today & started out with 12 volts & dont know if i will be able to stand much more haha..it wasnt painful just really tingly. my wrists were itching a little bit afterwards, i guess this is normal. im hoping this works for me, if it does it will be a lifesaver!!

Soy Sauce

You might not see a change after only 5 treatments; it took me 8 or 9 treatments before I saw a change. Don't get discouraged if it's not working. Keep up the treatments. I quit after 8 or 9 treatments because it wasn't working, but like 5 days after my last treatment, my hands were bone dry all of a sudden. Good luck!

Uber Schnitzel

You might not see a change after only 5 treatments; it took me 8 or 9 treatments before I saw a change. Don't get discouraged if it's not working. Keep up the treatments. I quit after 8 or 9 treatments because it wasn't working, but like 5 days after my last treatment, my hands were bone dry all of a sudden. Good luck!

Hi. I've tried ionto using the home made device at the end of last year with no results but I'm going to give it another try. I don't think I really gave it a proper chance. Couple of questions:
1) what was your routine? I was doing 10-15 minutes both polarities every second day. I did 8 sessions before I gave up (also had to travel for work which meant doing the sessions more difficult and I didn't continue) I was thinking of trying it everyday this time.
2) So your saying that even if your hands sweat directly after a treatment that "worked" that doesn't mean that it hasn't been succsessful? I used to check half an hour after I'd finnished and if my hands were still moist I'd think "didn't work this time". Interesting...

Soy Sauce

Yeah, it was weird. I thought it didn't work, so I didn't even touch the thing after the 8 or 9th treatment. Then, after 4 or 5 days, I noticed my hands were absolutely dry. It seems to happen that way almost every time. I'm not sure if thats normal though.

My routine is basically 30 mins. I use the drionic machine so I don't know what differences using the homemade ones will be. I don't usually reverse polarities. I used to when I first started using it. I would switch every half hour. But I don't anymore and it still seems to work so I don't really bother anymore. I don't know what the homemade ones look like, but on the Drionic, I put the top half of my hands (fingers and top part of the palm) in the deep well portion, and keep the bottom half of the palm on the higher shallow part.

Couple tips:

It's not uncommon for your hands to sweat MORE for a while, in between your treatments, until the sweating stops. So don't freak out if it happens.

You will get used to the pain or strong tingling sensation after awhile, but if it gets to the point where your not really feeling anything, even though the batteries are new, etc. then it's not being effective. On the Drionic, the aluminum plates will calcify after awhile and the effectiveness drops dramatically. I just take some sand paper and sand the plates to expose the fresh aluminum underneath. Makes a HUGE difference.

I don't know if it happens to everybody, but when my hands stop sweating as a result of ionto treatments, my feet stop sweating too. I've never used ionto on my feet before. Somehow, they're connected and when one stops, so does the other.

I find it helps to keep the well portion of the drionic units with just enough water so that the entire bottom side of your palm and fingers that are in the well are touching the water but no more than that. Don't over fill it basically. I find that the bottom half of the palm that rests on the shallow top part of the drionic stops sweating before the parts of the top half of the palm and fingers do, and I think it's because the amount of water in the well somehow dilutes the effectiveness of the electricity.

Last edited:
well i did my 3rd treatment today & felt absolutely nothing when i stuck my hands in the water..yesterday on my 2nd treatment i didnt feel anything for the first few minutes then all of a sudden it was like it kicked in & stated tingling..i use aluminum pie pans that were on the youtube video, why didnt i feel anything today?

Broch

I use a homemade device with the pie pans too, but I use two rechargeable 9V batteries. Works better than anything else I've tried. Took about 2 weeks of daily 20 minute treatments to work. Now I do two treatments a week to maintain it and haven't had hand sweat since last summer.

Some reasons you might not have felt anything are that you're more used to the sensation, batteries are dying, there's less aluminum in the water, or more water was used than previously. Normally I get the prickling feeling as soon as I dip my hands in, and then a huge wave of sensation after changing up the polarity.

I use a homemade device with the pie pans too, but I use two rechargeable 9V batteries. Works better than anything else I've tried. Took about 2 weeks of daily 20 minute treatments to work. Now I do two treatments a week to maintain it and haven't had hand sweat since last summer.

Some reasons you might not have felt anything are that you're more used to the sensation, batteries are dying, there's less aluminum in the water, or more water was used than previously. Normally I get the prickling feeling as soon as I dip my hands in, and then a huge wave of sensation after changing up the polarity.

where can you get the rechargeable 9v batteries? i think my test leads had a bad connection or i had to much water, because i tried again later on during the day and had a little less water than before and i felt the tingling. do your wrists itch after or during the treatment?

Soy Sauce

The itching is normal. After you start getting used to the treatments, the itching should subside abit. I think some people use vaseline during treatments, around the area that gets itchy. Same when you have any cuts. The littlest cut will hurt like hell during treatments, sometimes unbearable, and putting vaseline over the cuts will block the water/electricity from making contact.

Uber Schnitzel

Hi. When you say 9v batteries do you mean the standard 9v such as: Rechargeable 9v Battery: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo or larger ones? Smaller, more portable batteries would certainly make things a bit easier to set up than the ones I was using before.

IhateHH

hey brittany thx for posting that video on my thread, it definitely got me thinking about it. I was wondering if i could use two 12v AC-DC Converters with clips to create 24v so i wouldn't have to buy the 24v converter and strip the wires to solder the alligator clips.

AC-DC Adaptor: 90-260V AC to 12V DC 0.5 Amp AC Adapter

Basically clip two reds to one dish and two blacks to another dish to create 24v, so i wouldn't have to replace batteries. Also does anyone use 24v, is it a shocking experience for the first initial dip lol? Edit: this is for my feet btw.

Also, im pretty sure placing a thin wet cotton rag on the bottom of the plate would be okay, since it won't stop the current and your hands will essentially be floating in the middle of the pan instead of touching the bottom of it. You can also add in some epsom salt to hold the electric current steadier, since higher pH in water (Basically Salt) conducts more or better electricity. Plus your hands will be soft :).

Last edited:

Broch

Hey guys,

Yeah, those standard 9V batteries are what I use. Just regular rechargeable Energizer. I actually bought all the parts off Amazon. Here's the items I bought:

2x Rechargeable 9V batteries

2x 9V battery clip

1x 10 pack of alligator clip test leads

1x Universal Fast Smart Charger

2x 9x9 Aluminum pie pans (grocery store)

I just connect it all together in series and use regular tap water and there I go. It works just fine. And yeah, I use vaseline on any places that irritate me too much like the back of my fingers and nails. I don't put any cloth or anything into the water. I usually just let them float there sorta.

Last edited:

IhateHH

After thinking about the consequences of the AC-DC wires getting crossed, I decided to spend extra money and go with Broch's safe and simple setup that seems to work. Thx for posting your setup Broch!

Last edited:

IhateHH

^ are you still using 12volts for your treatments? If you don't see results in maybe another week, you should try increasing to 18 volts since thats the range that people seem to see results. If the higher voltage becomes unbearable, you could try to ebay a cheap variable power supply so you can start from 0volts and slowly increase it to 18volts to condition yourself.