Just got an email.

Roman Legion

I just got this email from the guy I sold my TV to from craigslist and however true it is, it doesn't seem to shock me at all, but certainly raises some new things to think about (The pathogen part.). I have nowhere else to go besides back out to my car and sleep and yes, this house is falling apart. There is little no nothing that I can do to improve this situation as everything in life requires money that must be used for more important things like getting something warm to wear. This guy isn't speaking fallacies, but would have a stronger message if he knew the rest of the problems this house has (Thankfully he didn't see the bathroom or attached garage.. et cetera.).

Without further ado, here is the email.

"I hardly know what to say but I am almost 50 years old and that house was the filthiest I have ever been in. Social services would not permit it to be inhabited in its current state. I hope whoever is responsible can get help. You seem like a cleaner person- I hope you can get out of there right away.

"The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has warned dog owners about the health dangers posed by dog feces, which are swarming with coliform bacteria. This bacterium includes the dreaded E. coli bacteria, salmonella, giardia. These pathogens are communicable from dogs to humans. Some strains are known to cause hemolytic-uremic syndrome in humans"

The TV is working fine...sorry for writing this- good luck"

Roman Legion

cleaning up dog **** doesn't cost money.

Its not my responsibility to clean it from everyone elses area. My area remains very clean. Am I percieving you correctly, as I feel you have a perpetual hostility in every thread I view your posts in.

jaim38

It sucks to live in a house with lots of other people who don't bother to clean up after themselves. I don't think it's your responsibility to clean the whole house; each roommate should be responsible for cleaning their own area. Maybe try to explain to that man your situation so that he understands.

Roman Legion

It sucks to live in a house with lots of other people who don't bother to clean up after themselves. I don't think it's your responsibility to clean the whole house; each roommate should be responsible for cleaning their own area. Maybe try to explain to that man your situation so that he understands.

I did reply to him and told him he was exactly right and that I too no offense to it. I finally got one person to clean and that was only I offered to assist them (I ended up doing most of the work.). There are 5 people that live in a house that technically only has 2 rooms and I occupy one of the 2 rooms, whcih is in the attic. I will again voice my concerns, but it is improbable that will have any effect.

dottie

Its not my responsibility to clean it from everyone elses area. My area remains very clean. Am I percieving you correctly, as I feel you have a perpetual hostility in every thread I view your posts in.

i've a dry sense of humor that doesn't translate well. sorry. i hope your living conditions improve soon.

truffleshuffle

Its not my responsibility to clean it from everyone elses area. My area remains very clean.
It may not be your responsibility to clean but there comes a time when Someone dose even if its not there responsibility. I will say I can be a bit of a slob on occasion but I won;t live in squaller just because its not my responsiblity to clean something that needs to be cleaned specialy if I have someone comeing over.

gummybear22

It may not be your responsibility to clean but there comes a time when Someone dose even if its not there responsibility. I will say I can be a bit of a slob on occasion but I won;t live in squaller just because its not my responsiblity to clean something that needs to be cleaned specialy if I have someone comeing over.

i experienced being the main cleaning lady especially in my first year of college. it was horrible. i wish people would TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEMSELVES instead of junking up the place and forcing others to clean so it doesn't look like a trash hole.

truffleshuffle

i experienced being the main cleaning lady especially in my first year of college. it was horrible. i wish people would TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEMSELVES instead of junking up the place and forcing others to clean so it doesn't look like a trash hole.
I agree but not doing anything about it and just letting the place get worse won;t help the situation. I Live alone so I know its my mess and I clean it I can be a slob to an extent but I won;t let it get out of hand. I used to be around people that just let the mess overwelm them and they did nothing becasue they said it was not there mess but for me you letting it get out of hand is just as big of a problme as the people making the mess. If no one dose anything it will just get worse were no one can live in the place.

gummybear22

but when i clean for others when they should, it creates resentment towards them, which i don't enjoy. even telling them they need to clean, either doesn't work or they do one or two things then go back to how they were.

truffleshuffle

but when i clean for others when they should, it creates resentment towards them, which i don't enjoy. even telling them they need to clean, either doesn't work or they do one or two things then go back to how they were.
Yes I know I actualy went though that my self but you have to deside either clean it up because you know no one else will or just sit and let it keep piling up and live in a very bad mess. I would choose to clean it up just so I didn;t have to live in the mess. I would also look for a better solution to the problem be it either new roommates or new place to live or a way to have them do there cleaning.

dottie

i agree with truffleshuffle. it is time to move. SAYONARA!! in the meantime, it would be better to resort to cleaning up everyone else's mess, rather than living in squandor. priorities. standards. i just would not tolerate it.

it seems like we are not getting the whole story, though. why are you sleeping in a car if you live there? 5 people in a one bedroom? are you squatting? is this some sort of meth lab?

Roman Legion

i agree with truffleshuffle. it is time to move. SAYONARA!! in the meantime, it would be better to resort to cleaning up everyone else's mess, rather than living in squandor. priorities. standards. i just would not tolerate it.

it seems like we are not getting the whole story, though. why are you sleeping in a car if you live there? 5 people in a one bedroom? are you squatting? is this some sort of meth lab?

No, it is my parent's place, we all are unable to move out and no, there are areas that are not rooms that people inhabit. I am not always here, I must be in other places at times and sleep in my car; I will be sleeping inside my car this week, but only for a few days, and when college starts in January, I will be either in the car or at someone's farm near by. I used to just pick up the mess, but when you do that, they will expect it, rather than cleaning it themselves in the future.

I am currently attempting to obtain enough money for a van to live in, but thus far I am unable to hold onto any money that I make, as my parents perpetually seem to need my money to get fuel and food, but only repay some of the money, some of the time.

Last edited:

Roman Legion

I understand that you'd rather have them clean it then rely on you to be the house maid. But honestly, you aren't talking about dirty laundry, are you? Are the conditions so bad that social services would evict you? We're not discussing some inconvenience or a trivial mess. We're discussing something so much more serve. If things are as bad as the man has said, I'm surprised he hasn't blown you in to a county official or a condemnor to have the house appraised. No wonder you want to move out of there soon.

Is there nothing that we can do to help? Maybe we can get together some information to help you? Surely there must be nearby half-way houses, welfare programs, shelters, something? I'm really worried about you Roman Legion. If there's any way that we can help you make a plan for yourself, please ask.

I've given it some thought; and I'd like you to know that you don't need to feel pressured into talking about things here. I'm not judging you. I only want to better understand.

I am however inclined to agree with dottie: Your living situation sounds very shady. I do not know why you need to sleep in a car, but it doesn't sound good. Sorry for throwing myself into the conversation but I want you to know that I really sympathize with living in a volatile household. It's a bad place to find yourself. Please stay safe Roman Legion and hang in there. I hope that January marks a fresh chapter in your life and you'll be in a better place.

As long as I can get a decent van for around $1k when my Pell Grant comes in, I'll be good to go. I plan on making it a very good place to call home and better than this house. Solar and wind energy charging numerous batteries, bed in the back, sink, stove, storage space, et cetera. Obviously if I can find a class B camper van in that price range, I'll be better of in terms of being able to stand up in the van and possibly having a shower/ toilet in addition to the aforementioned van. Quite honestly, this house has more serious issues than what he knows.