Just be grateful for your life. It takes practice.

Johno

The fact that any of you people out there can read this suggest's that you are doing OK.... We are in the minority. I will stop myself there. Let's bless the eathquake survivor's. Thank you....

Nicholas

It's a good point, because we never think about such things. We keep worrying about "huge" problems, but in the end they're just pretty trivial problems. Like "omg, i'm a virgin at 23!", like that was an incurable disease or we were going to die. Let's just ****ing relax.

Juggalo

I hate my life. The only reason I haven't killed myself is I haven't had the guts to do it.

Juggalo

Just because you can read this don't mean you doin' okay either. I dont own a comp, I come over here to my unc's and use his. I'm on food stamps. Don't assume everyone with internet access must not be living in poverty.

Johno

well that is interesting.....mimi1988 comes to mind...It's proven, good things will happen to you............... It sucks right now..... However you will see>>>>>>

It's a good point, because we never think about such things. We keep worrying about "huge" problems, but in the end they're just pretty trivial problems. Like "omg, i'm a virgin at 23!", like that was an incurable disease or we were going to die. Let's just ****ing relax.

My parents are sick. I'm worried about losing my home. I'm conscripted (compulsory 'service' or whatever you call it) and I can't say no. I've chronic insomnia and has my eyesight steadily deteriorating over the past decade or so.

Social phobia is just the icing. I don't particularly care about being a virgin or never having a gf or whatever. I just want to survive with a couple of meals a day and a roof over the head would be a bonus.

This connection may go if this keeps up. But yes I'm grateful that I've my four limbs and five senses for now.

They're crying over shattered castles
Consoled by a brief slumber
When my dream of copper nickels
Are but delusions of grandeur

~ Dronee

Emily_G

The fact that any of you people out there can read this suggest's that you are doing OK.... We are in the minority. I will stop myself there. Let's bless the eathquake survivor's. Thank you....

Amen, life itself is very precious...I often forget that.

Yeah, worrying about whether or not you're gonna end up homeless sucks.

If it's just me, without sick parents and conscription and some other things, I don't particularly care provided I can still get food. The neighbourhood is pretty nice as in few thugs... But yeah... it really sucks.

There was a time though, when I wished that being homeless was all that I need to worry about. It's different though, if it's a rough neighbourhood.

Juggalo

My heart goes out to you man. Where do you live, btw? The U.S. doesn't have conscription. Oz? South Africa? I didn't think the UK has conscription but maybe it does.

tired_of_starting_again

I've felt sorry for myself, it made me sick! I hate feeling bad for myself, I try to make the most of it considering that I have a creative side that my imperfect life is inspiration for. I've asked "why me" before, and the only answer I can come up with is just because, just because I am.

thanks johno, for bringing a little positivity in here.

spw is a great place to be honest about how you're feeling when maybe you can't be anywhere else (that's how it is for me). and as much as SA, OCD, depression, etc can suck and seem like impossible obstacles that only make life's other issues that much more difficult, there is something to be said for TRYING. having a defeatist attitude doesn't help anyone and certainly doesn't help anyone create positive change in their lives. rather than wallowing in our own self pity, why not just try even in tiny little ways to improve our situation or attitude?

easier said than done, i know. but i'm not willing to give in to the s***** things that have happened to me and give in to feeling helpless and hopeless. nothing anyone can say on here is going to change my f***** up past, bring back my friends and family who’ve passed away, pay my overdue rent, cure my SA or make me love myself. but by knowing that i’m not alone and caring enough about myself to want to change, i can start to try.

sorry if this is what no one wants to hear. i love you all.

mrb

yes some people out there have it rough half there family dead , or all there family dead , in the paper today in england there was a pic of a man with his dead child in his arms crying ... kinda puts things into perspective dont you think ...

Lea

Banned
yes some people out there have it rough half there family dead , or all there family dead , in the paper today in england there was a pic of a man with his dead child in his arms crying ... kinda puts things into perspective dont you think ...

Still, I guess they will recover sooner than us with our SA. Within a couple of years the houses will be new built, people will go on with their lives, will make new friends, families. People are very resilient.

Juggalo

not if there dead they wont like that child in his fathers arms jesus ....

Yeah I kind of thought that comment was a tad insensitive too. To say those poor people down there will recover faster than us with SA is ludicrous. That country has a poverty rate of 80%. Many Haitians have been living in misery for YEARS before the Earthquake. I heard on CNN that not only does 80 percent of the population there live in poverty, but 50 percent live in ABJECT poverty(less than 2 dollars a day).

mrb

Yeah I kind of thought that comment was a tad insensitive too. To say those poor people down there will recover faster than us with SA is ludicrous. That country has a poverty rate of 80%. Many Haitians have been living in misery for YEARS before the Earthquake. I heard on CNN that not only does 80 percent of the population there live in poverty, but 50 percent live in ABJECT poverty(less than 2 dollars a day).

i deleted that comment lol you have to be mighty quick around here dont you :rolleyes: i guess people say things sometimes with out thinking about it .. we all do that ..

Lea

Banned

I WASN'T any insensitive. I just said they will recover soon and that's true. Last year (2008 actually) I was in peruvian Ica which in 2007 suffered massive earthquake, and it was all new built so I couldn't even recognize anything. People then go on with their lives.. do you loose your house, well so you build a new one, did you loose your kid, you have a new one.. am I cruel, maybe, but that's life. :) Now I had a though about one chicken in England, a couple had a chicken and it got ill, they paid thousands of pounds for it's recovery. Foolish? Everything is foolish, because everything is relative. Relative is also world's poverty. They live with 2 dolars daily, OK, but what do you buy in those countries for 2 dolars and what in the USA or Western Europe? Even if if wasn't much, they grow their own or get their living by other means. Money isn't everything as we in the west tend to think. I have been in some poor countries and am not saying they have easy lives, but still think we in the west are the poorest... we suffer much more inner emptiness than them, we suffer loneliness, depression.. and I am not alone who thinks that.

I truly am grateful that I don't live in a crappy third world country and that I actually have an opportunity to make something of myself, but at the end of the day I'm still depressed. It just makes me feel like a jackass to see these people that are suffering without food, water, and shelter, and I have all of that and I'm still not happy. I wish it was as easy as just deciding to be happy person, but it's not.