Jobs for people with Social Anxiety?

NuBird

I have a job that I think is pretty good for someone with SA. I work at a hospital and in the medical records department, I file loose medical sheets into the right patient's charts all day long. :) I don't know, maybe some people might get really bored with that job but I enjoy it. I prefer it than being in front of a computer all day.

I was also thinking about being a Medical Records Clerk while I went to school for Medical Coding.

Did you need any credentials or experience when getting the medical records job? I have no experience and never been in the medical field before.
:confused:

Jegan

A Truck driving job.. I am 25 years old.. I just recently applied for a truck driving school ...my lessons start in early september.. cant wait till I get my truck license. I dont have to worry about dead en jobs or..dealing with the people anymore. Its just going to be Me..my truck..and the road ahead. Hey it pays well.

seafolly

I worked at a veterinary clinic since I was 16 so when the social anxiety issues popped up it was already familiar as were my coworkers. Eventually it got to be too much as there's a lot of interaction with clients at this clinic but for the time I was only needed in surgery and cleaning kennels or developing x-rays, well, that was perfect. Just me and animals.

Now with agoraphobia I'm selling prints of my photography. It's not enough to live off of but it's something.

stephen

I work as a programmer mostly from home. I go into the office maybe once a fortnight to catch up with my boss and maybe fix some admin issues. I don't know that it is necessarily a good thing though. It might be nice to avoid human contact but it also makes it more stressful when you have to do it. I think it's probably a good thing to have to go out and engage with people every day.

applegirl

I have nothing to do for the summer and I'm so nerve-wrecked by a simple filling in of an application to volunteer at the library. I'm 20 yrs old and in college. I have never worked for anyone in my life. I'm really scared. There's going to be an interview process and I don't even know if I'm going to get picked in the first place. It's only if there's room. I don't even know how to write my own resume properly.

I like pet shops but god I would hate being a part time sales associate. Can you imagine the long lines that pile up on one cashier? I've seen it before. I dunno how they keep their cool when the situation turns on them like that. If I could work in a pet shop I'd want to not work at the cash register but just be downstairs somewhere in the pet store unpacking items and stuff. What's that job position called??

da_illest101

A Truck driving job.. I am 25 years old.. I just recently applied for a truck driving school ...my lessons start in early september.. cant wait till I get my truck license. I dont have to worry about dead en jobs or..dealing with the people anymore. Its just going to be Me..my truck..and the road ahead. Hey it pays well.

i want to be a web developer but if it doesn't go well i'm gonna become a truck driver too :cool:

anomicdeer

At the moment I am making money selling on ebay, and I'm quite happy with it.

If I could find a way to do that I would love to.
The thing is. I don't have any money to ship anything.
So I'm not even gonna do research on selling things online

seafolly

If I could find a way to do that I would love to.
The thing is. I don't have any money to ship anything.
So I'm not even gonna do research on selling things online

Could you try local listings like on Kijiji to avoid shipping? I just sold my first DSLR for a few hundred after trying that out. It's quite satisfying not to mention quick money. :)