Jealous of best friends friends?

hulkamaniak

Is anyone else like me and has hardly any friends and is relying all on one friend. Does anyone get jealous when their friend talks about their other friends, and feels left out when you are aware your best friend is hanging out with other friends? I have been getting it alot lately, Pretty sure it is because I dont have other friends and just want this friend to myself.

Not sure if this is a common thing with SA or has to do with something else

Meggy0001

It's like that for me as well :( I have just one friend and I have known her since I was a kid and it feels like she is moving on with life and making new friends, has a boyfriend and I am sort of getting left behind :/

Imaginary

Yeah I feel dat~

Yes, I was very glad when I can walk out with my close friend, but if we walk together with another person, I just keep quiet and not talk, because I always lost and drowning in conversation.

MikeyC

my friend who was almost my boyfriend (I screwed that up though), whom I just returned from visiting.
Oh, I'm sorry that didn't work out. ::(:

For me, I guess I am somewhat jealous of their successes. I rely on one friend for almost everything so that will be bad if things with us turn sour.

However, his friends like me and I like them, and I have no problem hanging out with them as they are all good people. I'm happy to be accepted in that group, even though I feel like I'm not really fitting in.

Minty

I think you have to realize that every relationship is unique. So what you have with your best friend is entirely different from what they have with their other friend. To the point that you just can't compare the two.

Srijita52

I think you have to realize that every relationship is unique. So what you have with your best friend is entirely different from what they have with their other friend. To the point that you just can't compare the two.
Yeah, this is something I've started to realize too.

WeirdyMcGee

I've never felt I had a best friend-- or even really... a 'friend'; I don't get that close to people.
There were a few times in highschool where other people from my clubs would complain that I spend more time with so and so than I do with them and I didn't really understand what the big deal was.

I suppose it could have been one of these scenarios?

da_illest101

Me and my former best friend was like that, she told me she got jealous that made friends and I was jealous of her bf, I didn't love her but wanted her for myself

polishgirl

I think everybody has that in a way :) Some just show it less than others. And of course, there are some people that I am more jealous of, but definitely I don't like when my best friend hangs out with someone else more often than me - it makes me feel rejected in a way.