i've got a presentation to do in two days and i'm so nervous

i'm stressing out, I've got a presentation to do on the 2nd of may, I need to speak for 7 1/2 mins non stop, I've done the presentation to my boyfriend in my flat tonight and it only came to bout 5 mins...and he recorded me and I was urming and arhming and stuttering, ive noticed when I become nervous I stutter a lot...i'm feeling sick with nerves, ive fullied prepared but I cant deal with this! ahhhh! its so stressful, 1000000x worse for me with SAD then for others.....and im working with this guy who is expecting 100% on his grade and I don't want to let him down, ill feel such a failure if we get a rubbish grade!

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I've always had a hard time with presentations too, to say the least. In fact they make me so nervous that I usually black out, and "come back" once I'm sitting back to my desk wondering what the hell just happened and if I screwed up. The only way I found to be able to make it through, is to practice the presentation "by hearts" (not sure if you can say that in english?), so much that you can vomit the words without even thinking about it. Then I make myself a little card with keywords in case I have a blank, which always happens. If you have a blank so bad that the keyword doesn't help you, just go to the next keyword. I hope this will help in some way.

I do the same, last presentation I did I just blacked out and when I came around I noticed I had finished and my hands were so sweaty and I felt like I was about to cry...everyone gets nervous but I am much more than nervous, I hate speaking to my friends in a large group so this will be even harder infront of people I do not know!

Lou-s-Darkness

I definitely know what you're going through. I have an oral exactly a week from now in front of my group, teacher and judges. I have to speak for about 10-15 mins. Then wait for them to critique me in front of everyone. I'm beyond nerves at this point. I really feel like just jumping out the window and not having to deal with this lol. I've tried many things, but nothing worked. No practicing no cards no power point. It just doesn't work for me. I'm often left to improvise. I hope I don't screw up. All I can say is BEST OF LUCK!! Im sure you'll do great. Keep practicing with your boyfriend. Maybe it'll help! I hope it does. Update us on how it goes? :3

jaim38

You could practice in front of family members, or people you feel comfortable with. Notecards help tremendously. Keep practicing because the more you do it, the better you get.