It's weird how good teachers can change everything

TheNewZero

Well, I'm in college now and most of my classes I never talk. But I have one teacher who thinks I'm really smart and is super nice. She calls on me a lot because she wants to know my opinion on things, and is genuiely curious about what I have to say. I talk so much in that class, and feel like I'm a completely different person. I think that's happened before when I've had good teachers, but this year I noticed how well I can articulate my feelings. Of course, I can't do it anywhere else but...Has anyone else ever had really wonderful teachers that have made them more comfortable with who they are in class?

zofia-life-coach

That is great and you really lucky to have a teacher like that. You need to realize that the think which makes you braver when you are in his classes is the fact that you believe that he thinks high of you. I’m sure that there are other people who think that but just are not expressing that. Just believe it and believe in yourself.

Good luck

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Yeah, I was the same during high-school. I rarely said a word during most of my classes. Sometimes I'd froze up whenever I was called on to answer a question by some of my teachers.

Just out of curiousity, which class is it you referring to?

Anyway, the only teachers I can recall who ever made me feel comfortable with who I am were my art, drama and english teachers. I think it helps when you have teachers who make you feel comfortable with who you are in class. You become more confident in yourself, especially if you're a bit shy, well, that's what I found.

Last edited:

LycraPantiies92

Yeah, i had a really caring, nice teacher in 3rd and 4th year for geography, i'd have loved having her again this yr or next, but she left..
She would always ask me if i was ok when i looked pissed off or mad/upset cos of something, that woman genuinely gave a damn about me when the others patronised me and ridiculed me, and i miss her..
And yeah what the guy ^ says if you have a tecaher who relates to you you always do better in that class (well imo!) cos you'll feel more able =] xx

TheNewZero

Yeah, I was the same during high-school. I rarely said a word during most of my classes. Sometimes I'd froze up whenever I was called on to answer a question by some of my teachers.

Just out of curiousity, which class is it you referring to?

Anyway, the only teachers I can recall who ever made me feel comfortable with who I am were my art, drama and english teachers. I think it helps when you have teachers who make you feel comfortable with who you are in class. You become more confident in yourself, especially if you're a bit shy, well, that's what I found.

The class is called Journey of Transformation. Basically it's a philosophy/religion class. I wasn't really looking forward to it because it's a Catholic school and I'm not Catholic, but I love talking about deep stuff like that. I totally agree with you about Art/English teachers. All of my good teachers have always been either english or music. My best friend in high school was my band teacher lol.

Felicidad

I had the luck to have very good teachers in general, perhaps they were awareness of my shyness and my isolation. This is something a teacher always takes account and they make all possible to make you more comfortable.
As I have said, I´ve been very lucky with my teacher. I had some of them as co-workers.
By the way, I think you have been done to get her attention. You may be a good person and she has emphatised with you. Don´t give her all medals!

redpine17

yup in my class my re teahcer thinks of me as a gentelman and usually asks my opinion on things.but lol the other kids get jealous i think wen he lets me off detentions.