It's possible to have social anxiety with add?

migthymask

hello, my mother's family have depressive tendences and i have a cousin that he suicides, when i went to the psychiatry he said me that i need carbamazepine but he didnt asked how i feel, if i am sad or depressed, nothing, i understand how you feel, hope that you find some way that can you help to feel better.

jaim38

Hi, I remember feeling nervous the first time I start a thread. I was anxious and scared that no one would reply, but over time, as I made more threads, the anxiety lessened.

I think it's possible to have SA with ADD. I think there are some members on this forum who have both. I'm not taking meds either to battle my SA and other demons, but I think I'm progressing, baby steps. SA could develop into agoraphobia, like in my case, I was so scared of people I barely go out. I hear exposure therapy works for some people.

Hoppy

I've got both.

Maybe the Social Anxiety was caused by the ADD or the ADD caused the social anxiety, I don't know.

All I now is that when the social anxiety is low my ADD is low as well.

I'm so sorry you are experiencing this. I know it's miserable. I have everything you say and blushing and sweating to top it off...

Yeah, you can have both. Just remember that if you have multiple problems, they are probably from the same source. Could have developed from some sort of trauma in your past too. Anyways, have you tried 5-htp? It's been amazing and helps with blushing too for me. It calms me down and helps me concentrate. Last year I had panic attacks quite a bit, and since taking that I haven't experienced a single one. My words don't come out as fumbled either. It's not a cure but it sure helps! I'm thinking about trying Q96 too as it's supposedly an amazing supplement for mental illness and brain related issues. I like things with no side effects :)

neurotic-to-the-bone

Yeah, I have both as well. I got both my diagnoses pretty much at same time. I guess having ADD can make you more prone to develop SA because of the negative self-image it can create. And as well that you might feel different and don't fit in because of it.

I understand your frustration with the doctor. I think that's pretty common unfortunately. That they just give you some meds and send you on your way. It's the easiest way to get rid of the issue for them. Unfortunately psychological issues are often more complex than that. I tried meds for this but it had no effect. Probably since the biggest issue for me is that I think too much and there is no medicine out there that will turn off my thoughts, unless they make me unconscious of course.

So it's not easy knowing what to do, that's for sure.