It's been a week

Steppen-Wolf

Since I've had any significant conversation or meaningful human contact. Online or otherwise. Nothing other than a couple of words with the cashier or some of the security guards of my residential complex.

Classes are over, I don't really want to go to my home city until I absolutely have to and I've grown apart from my old Internet friends. So, there's basically noone in my life right now.

The funny thing is that my SA has never been better (at least in relative terms), but for some reason of another solitude remains as a constant in my life.

I don't even know why am I writing this, it's just that after a while reality seems to drift a little. I don't think I can even remember how my own voice sounds!

Oh well, at least I should be proud that I can deal with this without becoming depressed or truly losing my mind. I wonder how well would some of the "strong" people fare in dealing with such isolation.

I can say the same thing too, haven't had any significant conversation with anyone, not even online, for more than a week. There was someone Last month I was talking with online but it all slowly faded in the dark and I'm alone again with my thoughts.

jaim38

Yeah, when I was living with my brother in another city for several years, I feel so alone because he wouldn't talk to me and I had no close friends or family in that city whom I could hang out with. Many times, I feel like screaming like I'm about to go crazy. Sometimes, I have conversations with myself just to relieve the loneliness. So when I finally move back with my parents, I was so happy and relieved! I have people to talk to, and i can talk out loud as much as I want.

gustavofring

Please call someone. Even just a family member.

I know exactly what it feels like and it will only lead to further isolation. You need someone to talk to.

AdamE

Seconding the above opinion. Being all alone is so seductive, it gets easier and easier to isolate yourself for every day. Could you maybe call your mother/father, a sibling, anyone?

aNOTfox

Please call someone. Even just a family member.

I know exactly what it feels like and it will only lead to further isolation. You need someone to talk to.

I agree, talking will help. Call someone even if you don't feel like it. You need to break out of the bubble.

Last edited: