It turns out I DON'T have autism

awkwardamanda

I don't know a lot about schizophrenia, but I believe it is a physical deterioration of the brain. I remember reading that it happens when there's a loss of grey matter. I would be very worried about the possibility of confusing a physical issue with a more chemical one. I don't know how doctors normally go about diagnosing it, but it would seem to me that anyone with possible schizophrenia should be sent for some sort of a brain scan.

Quietguy11

I have an autistic schizophrenia and an anxiety disorder. Anything I say in describing it means a hill of beans because I'm not a Doctor and I don't know how to diagnose myself or explain in professional terminology how I am feeling in totality. All I know is that I don't feel mentally well. The Electrical activity in my brain feels weird, I have a memory span like a fish, and I am very phobic and disturbed in social groups. Maybe I went a little far in saying what I thought constituted what schizophrenia is, but again, I am not a Doctor, and I could only speak in alignment with my diagnoses based on how I am feeling, and what I am experiencing. I would say that it's a blend though of autism and schizophrenia combined. And I actually have seen "spirits" when I was a child, so there's the hallucination-bit right there.

LeDiskoLove99

This is so confusing. So there are actually 2 forms of schizophrenia: one where you hear voices and the other where you're kinda autistic but not really?

There are a lot of different ways schizophrenia can manifest, not everyone has hallucinations or delusions. Depends on the person. Everyone has different symptoms, you'd be really surprised the huge range of symptoms one can suffer from with schizophrenia.

Quietguy11

Like I said I have no idea how to explain it, I just say what I experience, but it can be covered as psychological loneliness for the most part. Even when I'm physically present, I am still mentally isolated. It's like I can't be reached. :( To me it is definitely schizophrenia at work, but like LeDisko said, it comes in many forms, and is not limited to just the hallucination/voice hearing schizophrenia.