Is this computer worth buying?

Inferiorpotter

Hi all. So it's $479.99. I'm trying to buy a new computer. You think I am getting ripped off? Is this a good deal for the price?

•Intel® Core™ i3-2100 processor
Features a 3MB cache and 3.1GHz processor speed.
•Intel® Core™ i3 processor
Features smart 4-way processing performance for HD quality computing. Intel® HD graphics are built into Intel's smart new processors.
•6GB DDR3 memory
For multitasking power, expandable to 16GB.
•Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support
Records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL media; also supports DVD-RAM.
•1TB Serial ATA hard drive
Offers spacious storage options and fast read/write times.
•Intel® HD Graphics 2000
For lush images with stunning detail. HDMI output for easy connection to a high-definition monitor or TV.
•Multi-in-1 media reader
Supports CompactFlash I/II, CF+ Microdrive, MultiMediaCard, MultiMediaCard Plus, High Capacity MultiMediaCard Plus, High Capacity MultiMediaCard mobile and MultiMediaCard mobile formats.
•Also supports Reduced-Size MultiMediaCard, Secure Digital, miniSD, miniSDHC, microSD, SmartMedia, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO and Memory Stick PRO Duo formats.
•10 high-speed USB 2.0 ports
Front and rear accessible for fast digital data transfer and easy peripheral connectivity.
•Built-in high-speed wireless LAN (802.11b/g/n)
Connect to the Internet without wires.
•Built-in 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
With RJ-45 connector for flexible wired Web connectivity options.
•Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit operating system preinstalled
Provides a stable platform for word processing, Web navigation, gaming, media storage and more.
•Best Buy pc app
Your one-stop shop for digital software, games and more! Learn more.
•Software package included
With Adobe Reader and CyberLink PowerDVD. Microsoft Office Starter 2010 also included (product key card required for activation; sold separately).
•Intel, Pentium, Celeron, Centrino, Core, Viiv, Intel Inside and the Intel Inside logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.

That really depends on what you're going to be using it for. It wouldn't be very good for playing games, but otherwise, it looks like a good deal.

Steppen-Wolf

The price is not bad at all, altough that varies heavily depending on where you live.

6Gb of RAM offer almost no advantage over 4Gb unless you plan to use Photoshop or video editing.

The i3-2100 is competent processor, but you're not gonna do well if you expect to play modern games on it since it doesn't have a dedicated video card, which would no doubt increase the price at least 100$.

You should still beable to play games from 2007/2006 and older.