Is this a common fear

shybhoy

that you will one day realise probably when its too late that you have wasted your life sitting on a forum and turning into a fat alcoholic with nothing better to do than speak to cyber friends i mean its pretty pathetic is it not.....i mean its a fear but its that fear thats making me do something with my life instead of doing nothing and i respect that it affects other deeply more than others...but is it common to fear that you will waste your life and look back when your old and alone and think what did i do with my life ??

its just as well im the complete opposite to this then ehh :cool::D

LadyWench

I feel the same way. Not the whole turning into a fat alcoholic thing, but I see your point. And yes, I fear it.

I feel like I don't do anything meaningful in life. I have nothing to contribute. So, when I sit at home all the time, depressed and in constant fear, it's pretty much a waste of time. Even though you can't really control it like you'd want to.

It's depressing and scary to think that I only get one life, one chance, and I'm wasting mine like this.

I'm so positive!

shybhoy

its that fear thats made me do something with mine am putting up a fight now its not easy but i will win !! i will not waste my life for no one this is my life and i control my happiness.. you can all do the same...i know its hard but you all can do it !! i mean 4 years ago i was living with my parents doing f3ck all....now im going for my second degree have a great house and some money i turned my life around i still lack some social skills but i grew balls and now nothing and no one will bring me down.

p.s am not fat nor an alcoholic, it was just an example of what my worst fear would be for myself.

LadyWench

its that fear thats made me do something with mine am putting up a fight now its not easy but i will win !! i will not waste my life for no one this is my life and i control my happiness.. you can all do the same...i know its hard but you all can do it !! i mean 4 years ago i was living with my parents doing f3ck all....now im going for my second degree have a great house and some money i turned my life around i still lack some social skills but i grew balls and now nothing and no one will bring me down.

p.s am not fat nor an alcoholic, it was just an example of what my worst fear would be for myself.

That's great that you're slowly getting out of that "my life is a waste" phase. I wish I was, haha.

Just keep doing what you're doing, and I'm sure things will progressively get better for you.

NormanBates

Where else can you do what you do on a forum? I can't think of many other places full of people who just have something to say so they say it. Maybe a bar? But that doesn't help with not becoming an alcoholic.

shybhoy

That's great that you're slowly getting out of that "my life is a waste" phase. I wish I was, haha.

Just keep doing what you're doing, and I'm sure things will progressively get better for you.

thank you, you can get out of it too..you know you can ;)

iamthenra

Nope... Not wasting my time here....
3759938451_90c3b4fb3f_o.gif

shybhoy

how did SA people cope before the internet...it was heard of but it was no where near as rife as it is today...because people had no choice but to take measures to help themselves, and if the helps there which it usually is, then, why not accept it ?

people see this as a form of therapy and to a degree it helps to relate but deep down its just halting people from seeking help from "professionals" ;)

NormanBates

Maybe it'd be cool to hang out in a bingo hall. Except you'd have to always be paying attention. "B - 12 ! "

LadyWench

oh yes you can ! you'd be amazed how ill i was and how far i have came trust me you can !! ;)

Oh, I believe that you have come a long way. And that's good. However, I think it's different for everybody. If you aren't expecting a change, it obviously won't happen. I think I'm just too negative at this point. Hopefully that will change one day. I'm just getting into that whole hopeless stage, which is just fantastic...hah.

shybhoy

People just didnt know what they had before internet was around. Some poeple out there still dont know what they have despite having internet access. The way people dealt with mental illness in the past was to be a recluse, alot of the time people were ridiculed worse. We are actually lucky that there is some awareness now and better understanding. They used to do cruel things to people with depression and other mental illness in the past.

According to the 7 deadly sins, depression is a sin.

You are very right people were VERY CRUEL to the mentally ill and i am glad that society seems to have accepted mental illness more now, however, somedays i have my doubts when i hear about some peoples attitudes at work etc some of the people there can be ignorant and take the piss which is all fine and well if your an ignorant bastard (which i can tell you're clearly not btw) but id like to think humanity can overcome ignorance and welcome tolerance...

people probably knew something was up because of what they were experiencing its just people before the internet found it harder to seek help because of societal views on mental illness, and yeh the internet has helped to raise more awareness. i mean the internet has only been mainstream for just over 10 years thats not a long time when you think of it.

shybhoy

Oh, I believe that you have come a long way. And that's good. However, I think it's different for everybody. If you aren't expecting a change, it obviously won't happen. I think I'm just too negative at this point. Hopefully that will change one day. I'm just getting into that whole hopeless stage, which is just fantastic...hah.

i wasn't expecting a change either i thought i'd try and still be the same i thought ahhh few months and i'll avoid all this but, i seriously did some heavy thinking and that was that i just knew in my mind i have too fight for the good things i want for the life i want. it will come to you too...i really hope it does and im sure it will ;)

LadyWench

i wasn't expecting a change either i thought i'd try and still be the same i thought ahhh few months and i'll avoid all this but, i seriously did some heavy thinking and that was that i just knew in my mind i have too fight for the good things i want for the life i want. it will come to you too...i really hope it does and im sure it will ;)

Even though you don't really know me, I appreciate your confidence in me and the fact that I can change. I just wish it was simple and easy.

I have major OCD with hypochondria (along with other mental illnesses, but I think that's the most debilitating for me). I'm in constant fear for my health, and I think it'd be incredibly difficult to just overcome that. But maybe someday I will...

I appreciate your support. :) Thanks again.

shybhoy

Even though you don't really know me, I appreciate your confidence in me and the fact that I can change. I just wish it was simple and easy.

I have major OCD with hypochondria (along with other mental illnesses, but I think that's the most debilitating for me). I'm in constant fear for my health, and I think it'd be incredibly difficult to just overcome that. But maybe someday I will...

I appreciate your support. :) Thanks again.

Everyone can change !! i feel your pain in what your suffer i know its not easy and i know it seems like there is no way out...but there is honestly there really is....just start to believe everyday even if its just a little and build on that each day and always know that in your heart you have hope !! people can overcome some pretty horrendous things and i know your battle is a dark one but you can overcome it missy :) and i know your right i dont know you !! but like i said i know everyone can change ;)

JCS008

It's a very common fear. I always worry that I won't accomplish anything with my life and I stress over the fact that other people I know my age have so much more going and are living better lives. But I made a promist to myself that the longer I sit and waste my day and life, the harder it will be to recover from the hole I've basically dug for myself. So I'm working on it now. Slowly one day at a time. I guess I can have some satisfaction in knowing I'm making some progress right now.