Is life worth living?

R3K

there's a super race of advanced alien beings watching us like animals in an aquarium. we can't see them cause they have stealth technology. They're immortal, and extremely bored. 1000 years to us is like 5 minutes to them. they grew our caveman ancestors into life from a rough copy of their own DNA and they're getting their sh|tz and giggles from watching us blunder along down our own evolutionary path at the mercy of random, chaotic circumstance.

maybe they uplink into our brains via remote signals and observe our lives in 1st person. maybe they take over for periods of time (schizophrenics).

but if we suck at life, then they'll get bored of us and nuke our planet. we each have to perform and entertain them so that ultimately one day they'll reveal themselves and give us immortality and hovershoes.

R3K

on a more serious note though: there are endless opportunities in life to create beautiful things. and doing/creating these things naturally creates interest in others to do the same stuff. it unlocks an exponential ray of beautiful stuff created/performed by consecutively observing people who then recreate it.

that's why life's worth living, because who would want to miss out on perpetuating the cycle of beauty?

Kiwong

on a more serious note though: there are endless opportunities in life to create beautiful things. and doing/creating these things naturally creates interest in others to do the same stuff. it unlocks an exponential ray of beautiful stuff created/performed by consecutively observing people who then recreate it.

that's why life's worth living, because who would want to miss out on perpetuating the cycle of beauty?

That's so true R3K, people who create beauty inspire others to create, there's a synergy to it.

Livemylife

Most of the time my answer to this is "no" because I think life requires a lot of hard work but I get little reward out of it. The few things I enjoy, eating chocolate for example, do not outweigh all the bad. Plus chocolate gives me calories and fat. Also, I think the world sucks. It's inhabited by a species called humans that seem to want to make my life harder than it already was.
Sorry about being a Debbie Downer. I'm the last person to go to for optimism. Well good luck.

Livemylife

That doesn't sound too exciting to me...But then again "beauty" is not high on my list of things I care about.