Is Anxiety caused by your life or genes.

Sammie_Kay

Hi!
I am glad you posted this. It was a good question that got me thinking.
My mom has told me that every person has some sorta of anxiety through out their lifes and they just learn how to deal with it.

Easier said then done huh?! I think so.

I think your doctor just ment it might help to have someone to talk to about your anxiety.

Like a lot of the others I also think its both. But I feel like life and growning up is more so then being in the genes.

I feel like the best way is to talk to the people who understand where your coming from then to talk to a shrink. At least it is for me.

bsammy

I'd say it is genetic. I've had a very good life, stable family, never bullied and no traumatic social incidents. I really can't think of any reason why I'd be this way other than genes.

same here, there is no reason i should be this way as my life has been 'normal'..ive felt different since kindergarten and i am..genetics play a huge role in my personality and when you have a certain type of personality, it tends to snowball and turn into a vicious cycle

I think it can definitely be influenced by both factors. Nobody in my family suffers with anxiety but mine is terrible. I sincerely believe this is due to the lifestyle I have chosen to live. I know others that would claim its totally genetic....

Metal_isthe_Answer

I'd say it is genetic. I've had a very good life, stable family, never bullied and no traumatic social incidents. I really can't think of any reason why I'd be this way other than genes.

I don't really have anything to add other than I think it's a mix of both, but I wanted to say that image of Lionel Hutz is awesome.