is a life without a partner possible?

sullyS1985

Is it possible to live a happy life without a partner? What do you all think? I'm 24 and excuse my choice of words but I am retarded when it comes to socializing with females especially when I like them. Even if they are interested in me I find some way to **** it up. I feel like I become way to clingy and annoy the girl eventually driving them off. Sometimes they dont tell me I'm too annoying because they want to be nice but I can tell by the way they act and respond to me. I'm to the point now where I apologize for everything because I don't want to come off as creepy, clingy or a weirdo and that annoys them as well. I've decided to stop trying. If a girl is interested in me they better make the move and the chances of that happening are slim to none. Which brings me back to the question I first asked, do you think one can live a happy life without a partner or significant other because that is where I am headed.

dmdmm

I get too clingy at times too.

Yes, it is possible to live a happy productive life without someone; but if you want someone then you won't be very happy will you?

I'm sure that you can find someone. Do you have any friends that are girls? If not, start there. Don't try to date them. Just try to make friends. That will get you at least used to socializing with them. Typically the ones in a relationship already are easier to talk to because you know where your boundaries lie.

If you do have friends that are girls, then at least you know you can socialize with them a little bit. That's a start. About the trouble talking to someone you find attractive, it happens to every guy:
Men lose their minds speaking to pretty women - Telegraph

The clingy bit. I struggle with this, but from what I have found is to just give them room. You dont have to talk to them all the time. And don't apologize for everything. It will aggravate anyone.

Good luck. I don't know if any of what I said can help though.

Lorraine Manca

yes, you can. but you have to find something to put at the center of your life besides you. it can be a person, or a cause, or God, or people in general. otherwise you go crazy. there has to be a center to hold everything together or everything falls apart

FOR REAL

Banned
yes, you can. but you have to find something to put at the center of your life besides you. it can be a person, or a cause, or God, or people in general. otherwise you go crazy. there has to be a center to hold everything together or everything falls apart

AYE, and thats why she chose me ::p::D

Awkward Annie

Sully, advice number one: Stop apologising. It's never good to apologise too much because it portrays a lack of self-esteem which is what you don't want.

Secondly, the best thing you can do is pretend to yourself that are already taken or not looking for a girlfriend when you meet someone. That way, you won't be thinking about it too much and you'll be more intriguing to the people you are with. Distant is not good (sometimes yes, it's mysterious) but clinginess is never good.

Thirdly, don't be afraid to crack a smile and have fun. Taking the piss out of yourself is always attractive to girls too.

Lorraine Manca

Sully, advice number one: Stop apologising. It's never good to apologise too much because it portrays a lack of self-esteem which is what you don't want.

Secondly, the best thing you can do is pretend to yourself that are already taken or not looking for a girlfriend when you meet someone. That way, you won't be thinking about it too much and you'll be more intriguing to the people you are with. Distant is not good (sometimes yes, it's mysterious) but clinginess is never good.

Thirdly, don't be afraid to crack a smile and have fun. Taking the piss out of yourself is always attractive to girls too.

annie has good advice. on a serious note, there are tons and tons of girls out there who have the same exact problems you described and will probably understand completely why you act that way. everybody is human.

Luke1993

My great-uncle is now 85. He took part in the D-Day landings during the war. And he never has had a partner in his life. I don't know why, he is a very social person and also when our family goes to London to meet him he is always very happy and says he enjoys his life.

So it would seem that life is indeed possible without a partner. I admire my great-uncle very much. However we do not speak at all, I'd be too shy to ask hm why he has never had a partner.

HH

I guess life without a partner is possible although probably not recommended. I'll be 30 soon and haven't had a partner my whole life for various reasons and its only now that I'm starting to slowly change my ways but its hard.

FOR REAL

Banned
My great-uncle is now 85. He took part in the D-Day landings during the war. And he never has had a partner in his life. I don't know why, he is a very social person and also when our family goes to London to meet him he is always very happy and says he enjoys his life.

So it would seem that life is indeed possible without a partner. I admire my great-uncle very much. However we do not speak at all, I'd be too shy to ask hm why he has never had a partner.

you know, it surprises me that no one (including me) put anything on here about remembrance day!
if it wasnt for these GREAT people, we wouldnt even be having this site.

mrb

all i will say about this is hey i was 28 b4 i got my first gf been married ect went through hell and back with her , met my current gf in a yahoo chat room years ago , its a long hard rd to happiness sometimes , but its possible to be happy so dont give up your only 24 lol

Yep I think its possible. Matter of fact I realized that not having a partner ever would do me a world of good. I wouldn't have to meet their parents or family if it got that far and embarrass my bf or myself.

Nicholas

I think it's only possible if you DON'T care. Some people don't care about girls or romantic relationships, and I think they might be "asexual". But since you started this thread with this question, I don't think you are one of them. If you really feel you want to have a romantic relationship but you can't find a girl, you're going to suffer. That's what I think.
I really feel that if I don't find my soul mate in 2 years I'll go crazy. I really feel it.

mrb

Yep I think its possible. Matter of fact I realized that not having a partner ever would do me a world of good. I wouldn't have to meet their parents or family if it got that far and embarrass my bf or myself.

i used to think that lol but its not true trust me i know .... ;)