irpfv[ho;ikj;iuwlefbhjcpobrkwekpflwe ckvm

JamesAnderson20

I'm not altogether sure as to what purpose I'm writing this or what I'm writing about.... as much as I'm probably desperate to speak, I don't actively seek attention, I just sort of hope for it. Plus nobody's really going to be interested in reading what I have to say, because they're only using this as a means of helping themselves to some end. That's all I'm doing.
I don't know what to say that somebody else hasn't already, aside from a list of things to complain about, which I don't want to.

I've tried to do this a lot and still am completely at a loss.

mrb

I'm not altogether sure as to what purpose I'm writing this or what I'm writing about.... as much as I'm probably desperate to speak, I don't actively seek attention, I just sort of hope for it. Plus nobody's really going to be interested in reading what I have to say, because they're only using this as a means of helping themselves to some end. That's all I'm doing.
I don't know what to say that somebody else hasn't already, aside from a list of things to complain about, which I don't want to.

I've tried to do this a lot and still am completely at a loss.

welcome to the site , hey lol we all have problems , on here we share them ;)

iamthenra

welcome to the site , hey lol we all have problems , on here we share them ;)

Yeah...what he just said.... We share problems.... Like I have these grape like things hanging from my arse and they burn and itch.... Tell me what should I do about it? See.... like that! We share, maybe too much info...but we share none-the-less!

Welcome! We are all EARS!!!

alex7

thanks, but it doesn't matter.

im an advocator of people helping others but when im feeling really depressed only i can bring myself out of it. I try to find the things i love about myself and bring it to the surface. Talking outloud helps a lot just so you are more intune with yourself. I cant express myself to other people so doing this makes you realize that u are real :) i hope it helps you

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Hmm... nope. I also like to be helpful to others here, if possible, and I like to talk and make friends. I know for sure I'd be interested in what you have to say. You don't believe me? Try me then :)

philly2bits

I can't think of any particular thing... it's probably just my low self-esteem talking.

I hear you. Low self esteem certainly does obscure the lens by which we see things. I wouldn't pay it much mind though. You seem fairly well liked around here as far as I can tell.

JamesAnderson20

lacking of empathy could be something that contributes to social difficulties. If you're constantly trying to preserve an idea of yourself, then people feel more like a challenge, or something that can potentially act to your detriment.
The way I imagine it must be, empathy is seeing things from another persons point of view, which I think I must have done, but only as a way of satisfying a sense of guilt or pity. I've contemplated doing really terrible things for no justifiable reason because it would be of no interest to me the effects it would have on people.I was just wondering if anybody could say how they feel about other people, cause I can't tell whether this is a normal way of reasoning, its likely that it isn't. thanks

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I was just wondering if anybody could say how they feel about other people, cause I can't tell whether this is a normal way of reasoning, its likely that it isn't. thanks

Well... no, it isn't, but as long as those things remain in your thoughts as just thoughts it's okay.

As for how I feel about people, it's complicated and surely not normal. To me, they are either good or bad... If they are good, I like them... if they are bad I hate their guts. It's rare that I remain neutral.

Lorraine Manca

a lack of empathy is a key part of Asperger's syndrome. if you have this problem you would probably prefer reading nonfiction and have difficulty with fiction. and you'd not get concepts like irony and deception. also you'd offend people easily, say inappropriate things to people. its really interesting stuff because theres been a good chunk of research on it. i assumed before reading about it that it'd be a sort of emotional deficit, but it actually looks more like an intellectual deficit instead.

on a side note, i think i see where you're coming from in the first post of this thread. i think people here are just reaching out to each other. maybe what is actually said isnt really the point. its the fact that people are speaking and making their presence known thats the point i guess. like squawking

Last edited: