Interesting article, can relate to SA...TEXTING

UnOccupied

The Texting Revolution Is Here - WSJ.com

Anyone see this? I thought it was very interesting. My opinion is that our entire world is becoming more socially anxious. Yes, we may suffer it with the most, but our society as a whole is becoming more introverted. We speak with words less, and rarely talk to strangers, unless the situation absolutely calls for it.

I don't know about you guys, but being socially comfortable is something i have ALWAYS wanted. I think it is just a part of my nature. I dream of being that guy who everyone is comfortable around, the guy who makes others feel welcome, and who makes everyone else laugh and have a good time.

I fall into the trap of texting a lot. I think it eases the pain of SA a LOT when in crowded areas, and when talking to someone and the conversation gets dry. With that said, my weird mind HATES when others are texting. I always say to myself, "why can't these people just get off their darn phones and walk with their heads up!?" This is weird, and hypocritical, i know, but i come from a VERY judgmental father who instilled SA inside me, and his views tend to clash with mine inside my head. I try not to let his opinions bother me, but they have a sneaky way of ALWAYS being there.

Whats your opinion on the article? And, if you have any relevant information related to you life, please share. :) Good night!

Ignace

I agree with you. Especially when I think back of the times I went to school by bus. A few people sound like 100, but most of them are texting or listening to music. I like it. :) ::p:

punklove

Yeah I agree, texting always easier for me to deal with people without being overwhelmingly anxious :)