In a relationship...Help

DevC

I've been in a relatioship for only 3 months now, known her for almost 6 months, first 1.5 months was great, lost my V to her and have been open with our problems.

Last few weeks, I have sunken back into another lul of confusion/anxiety/depression which is effecting my happiness at work and havent felt much interest in her like before. She has also been having her problems with her sick father and work issues as well and basicly both having issues being happy with ourselves. She is unhappy with my loss of interest and its upsetting her.

We have had just as many upsets as we have had fun lately an its starting to drive me crazy. I know that she sees a future together, but I am having trouble seeing it and dont know what to do.

We talked today, she said if we broke up, being friends is not something she could do. If I broke up with her, It would probly be years before I'd be in another relationship.

Also, I suggested we both go see our doctors, maybe see about getting anti-depressants and seeing what happens once we sort our issues out.

What do you guys think?

Thanks for listening.

Silatuyok

I think that relationships are full of ups and downs, and you should give it more time before you decide to call it quits. Let her know you're going through some personal things, so she doesn't feel like it's something she has done wrong. I think seeing your doctor about your anxiety and depression is a great idea.

chibiXphantom

wait it out. relationships often have rough spots and there will be times when you do want to give up, but if you hold out, it could get better.

but if this lack of interest continues, maybe she's not the one to focus your time and emotions on. i dont think discussing breaking up already is a very good sign of a lasting relationship.

but do what you feel is right

DevC

Thank you so much for the replies

I notice I get hit my waves of anxiety every couple months and then I'll have a few months of feeling normal where I maoe progress in life, then I get hit again and struggle to maintain where I'm at such as my Job, planned events, family etc. Amd end up pushing it away.

The anxiety had Definatly taken control, its not so much her that I lost interest in, it was everything in life. I saw my doc and he gave me clonazepam. I took the medication and my mind started to clear up and anxiety decreased and we managed to go out on one of our best dates in a long time. it was amazing

Unbelievable how much anxiety can control our lives, normally I would just go and hibernate since I have had no close friendships or a love life to maintain, but now I need to work on it and keep myself relatively sane so I don't lose it all again.