I'm scared to talk

Ren Koutaisou

I don't know what to do. I never talk to people. I can't talk to my family, they spend more time with their computers and I don't matter here, clearly. I don't have friends to talk to, and I don't get phone calls. I don't talk at work because I am too busy battling the thoughts of me not wanting to be there, plus people have better people to talk to than me.

Now I feel like I'm scared to open my mouth, and my voice is soft and wimpy. What should I do? I need help. I'm clueless.

Nack

Banned
Another lost soul... Quite frankly, I don't have an answer for you, but for me i just stop caring what other people think. Its not worth exhasting your mind thinking about what other people think about you. I have other problems to think about than thinking if other people like me or not. Chances are, they don't think bad of you, you just never spoke to them.

Ren Koutaisou

You're right, but people who don't think badly of me tend to ignore me because I don't talk. That kind of hurts my feelings.

Nack

Banned
Doctors only prescribe you anti depressants, its not worth it... IMO, Sometimes you just gotta fix it yourself.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
You're right, but people who don't think badly of me tend to ignore me because I don't talk. That kind of hurts my feelings.

If they ignore you because you don't talk, don't you think it's a bit rude of them?. You are not obligued to talk all the time in order to be a good fun person. Maybe you need to be around more friendly people and you would be more comfortable? I usually give the same advice... Go with the more shy people and those who share your interests, those are usually much nicer.

Noca

Banned
Doctors don't help me actually. I haven't had a helpful doctor since I was a child.

You know how much I believe that? nada, zip, nothing. Im gonna highly doubt you've tried every medication including benzodiazepenes(at high doses), Adderall/Ritalin, or Nardil. When you have tried ALL those and none of them helped you, THEN you can say that doctors dont help.

If a doctor doesnt prescribe you the previous meds, simply move onto the next one until you find one who does.

Silvox Black

What you need it to be able to regain your self-esteem as well as your self-confidence. One excellent step to this process would be to being by finding people you can talk to, if not with your voice, then with your mind and the text you now see on your monitor. Find people you can relate to and speak to without any fear of being rejected or analyzed. Find friends here, then you can learn to speak once more.

Silvox Black

You know how much I believe that? nada, zip, nothing. Im gonna highly doubt you've tried every medication including benzodiazepenes(at high doses), Adderall/Ritalin, or Nardil. When you have tried ALL those and none of them helped you, THEN you can say that doctors dont help.

If a doctor doesnt prescribe you the previous meds, simply move onto the next one until you find one who does.

Medications are certainly not always the answer, nor are psychiatrists or family doctors. I for one have witnessed so many apathetic doctors who simply throw pills at the problem and then leave it to rot. Has this world forgotten that the mind requires social interaction and therapy? Not merely pills and drugs to fix problems?

Noca

Banned
Medications are certainly not always the answer, nor are psychiatrists or family doctors. I for one have witnessed so many apathetic doctors who simply throw pills at the problem and then leave it to rot. Has this world forgotten that the mind requires social interaction and therapy? Not merely pills and drugs to fix problems?

Psychologists are doctors and they do therapy, the OP thinks that all doctors are useless. I didn't say anything about just accepting any old pill that the doctor throws at you, you need to be an active participant in your treatment, not just an observer. Medications can make it easier for one to talk and go to therapy. What good is therapy if one is too scared to even go to it or do it? Thats why theres medication. A combination of meds and CBT are the most effective treatment for SA.

Lorraine Manca

I think it's normal to go through a period where you don't talk much. you ought to allow yourself to go through a quiet month or a few quiet years and other people will have to deal with it. my last 'quiet time' lasted about two years. it didnt do any damage to my speaking skills.
this sounds cheesy, but you have the right to be quiet, and anyone around you who thinks different can suck it up. take it as a chance though, to listen to absolutely everything, everything's that going around you.