I'm not normal

Diend

I don't know, maybe go to a psychiatrist. He can give you some medication that will alter your mental state. From what I know, your personality is what it is.

You are normal. Just like everyone else in the world, you have a fear of something. Haven't you ever met someone who feared something that you considered strange to fear? Your parents do not understand your fear because they do not have that fear...at least to the extent you do. The only way to get over your fears (manage them at least) is to expose yourself to them.

A good therapist can help you with it. Try going out to places that are not too crowded with your parents. Then work your way up to going to places that are more crowded. It is hard and it sucks, but it is 10 times easier to go with someone else than to go alone. You can do this!

Meggy0001

I do this every summer holidays. I can go a whole month without stepping outside haha and I don't mind it either but yes its not healthy mentally, you are getting comfortable that when you have to stop its going to be difficult. The thing is to try do its slowly getting out there one day per week and increase it slowly and find something you can do that you enjoy it will motivate you to getting out there :)

But you are normal :)

ereuto2002

hi its normal you feel like that being lonely at home doing some staff all days, confined inside this is not your fault because there some thing inside us which bothers us, and makes us so depressed and i really know it. Its the phobiaaaaaaaaa

Earthcircle

I was normal kid, just a little shy but very talkative, when I started homescooling at age 15, I never been the same anymore.

I know some people who home school. I don't know your parents obviously, and it's dangerous to generalize. But I think that the people whom I know who do that are a bit crazy and they are hurting their kids.

FriendlyShadow

Last night I was thinking "WHAT THE HELL I'M DOING WITH MY LIFE", I think everybody once thought this, but let me explain why:
I'm 19 years old, and It's been almost 4 years that I started homeschooling and I finished high school and I stoped going out.
My social anxiety increased
So I started my youth like this: all day in home, computer, books, making drawings, learning new languages, and watching documentaries from HC. That's all.
I don't like being out. I get nervous around a lot of people, really nervous.
I tried college, work, but I feel very depressed doing all those things, I don't know if I'm just a lazy girl like my parents says or I didn't find anything that I really enjoy studying and working on. I don't feel like I'm normal staying all day in home.
Everybody complains when stay three days in home. I stay for weeks, and weeks... I don't complain, I really like being homemade.
But,I think, if my parents die? I need to know how to survive outside. That's what I have been thinking. And they still saying: "You're not normal, you should go out more."

I too feel this way when I'm stuck in my house most of the time. I've been home schooled ever since I was in 7th grade. Sure it's not that much fun, but at least it got me a chance to stay away from people at public schools who acted phony and bullied me. I'm worried that if I had friends and they asked me what do I do all day, they would judge me because I would say that I don't do much most of the time except go to my art class, play video games, going on the computer, ect. But yes, I have been called weird by a few people, my family even. I can't help but feel at times that I'm just a guy trapped in a girl's body.

fate12321

Yep, same here, except I'm not home schooled. I really don't like to go out much either, even though some of my friends persuades me to go out and do stuff. I sometimes sat and wonder, "What am I going to do with my life?". I've never worked before, hell I just graduated form high school a few months ago and I'm currently in college but don't even know what I'm actually aiming for.

jaim38

I had the same concerns too. I was very comfortable staying at home and being a hikikomori, but didn't feel like I was progressing in life. I thought I was wasting my life away, so I started getting the courage to go out more. It is scary out in the world, but the more I did it the less scary it became. Though, there are some scary bullies out there, but make sure to pick yourself up every time you fall.