I'm an agnostic, but I love church bells...

Do you like church bells?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xsawx

Is anyone else like this?
I am in no way, shape, or form religious...like, AT ALL.
But I live a block away from a Catholic church.
And for some reason, every time I hear church bells, it does something to me.
It's like the whole world stops for those moments, and I just feel so serene.
It, for some reason, makes me feel that I'm not alone.
It's beautiful melodies are even so detailed, as other bells harmonize with each to make these intricate songs.
It literally sometimes paralyzes me into a spiral of positive thoughts until the music comes to a soft halt.
Is that weird?

Kaekae

I agree, it sounds really nice. I love it when I walk to work on a Sunday and can hear the church bells in the distance. It makes me feel quite peaceful.

I don't think it's weird at all :)

w*n*c*a*m

You're an agnostic and you love church bells... I don't see anything wrong with that. Bells are bells after all. It's not like loving church bells would make you religious or something.... Just saying

nicole1

There are lots of things I love that are related to religion, but I'm in no way religious. Like I love Christmas and the songs about baby Jesus and stuff like that. I miss communion wafers.

When I was in college, I use to hear the bells of the near by Catholic Church ringing. It was very nice to pause and hear them go on.

Megaten

I have to enjoy them from a distance. I burst into flames on hallowed ground for some odd reason. :idontknow:

Ithior

My school from kindergarten to 6th grade had a church, so I had to hear the bells every hour of almost every day from 9am to 6pm. I don't particularly like it, I feel like it's too loud maybe. I can't exactly pinpoint what I don't like. I'd like it if it were smoother, like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiUGia74jZ0