If you believe in God.. Don't

crashmodem

God does not exist.. There is not anyone out there that can help. So much for a spiritual awakening. You know you try to look for some sort of spiritual answer, however, nothing helps.. i am so tired of caring. People are nothing more than murderous, selfish, and ignorant. Just look at the problems this world is having.

all i can say is fuck everything.. nothing matters, i don't care about anything or anyone anymore.. and to those women out there, keep going out with guys who treat you like shit, think of you as dirt, but yet you keep going for these guys.. You deserve them. If you don't think guys who are nice are good enough, then fuck it... so since most women like the mean guys, don't care, don't need ya..

Anonymous

The reason for THIS, Crashmodem:

"People are nothing more than murderous, selfish, and ignorant. Just look at the problems this world is having. "

Is because these people have the same disbelieving attitude that you do and are not Christ like. If they were, the world would not be having these sort of problems.

Anonymous

Hey man check out this site: http://users.aristotle.net/~diogenes/meaning1.htm

Perhaps god doesn't exsist (I don't believe he does). But you can accept that right? i think that the people who believe in god only do because of their parents upbringing or because they want to believe it. it's usually better to lie to yourself. i tried to be wiccan right? but i couldn't cuz i couldn't bring myself to believe that bull. have you ever seen that movie "Harold and Maude"? its terrific.

i agree that in general the average person seems to suck major but take a closer look at yourself man. i know you can't see the world through a mirror but that post you left could even be considered rude by some people. and see, to you it wasn't. so we misinterpret many things. people don't always mean things 100%. like they can be heartless once but that does not define them. you are not perfect, why should anyone else be?

i also cannot stand when a girl likes to date jerks but there are reasons like the girl doesn't think she is worthy. i love nice, dory guys so much you have no idea.

how come some people are happy? even with social phobia? i mean you can be happy even just knowing that you are a nice person. it really makes me sad knowing your out there all upset and sad. pick up a few hobbies (not social!). do some yoga, and meditate because i swear man its relaxing. and read psychology books to understand people and good books that will let you escape. keep a diary, i don't care how old you are, they are so helpful.

here's a hug. *hugs you* cheer up, there so are nice people out there. your social phobia just cracks the glass you see life through.

Anonymous

I hope you feel better soon, Crashmodem. :)

I'm pretty agnostic myself. I almost giggled at the part of Antarctica's post that speaks of Wicca--I totally agree ;). It's so blunt, I love it :b .

I also totally agree with her suggestion about meditation. It's really worth the effort once you get it to start working for you, no matter how silly it seems when you first start ;).

And she's totally right about how SA, and hence your lonilness and isolation and disgust with humanity help to make you see the world as being worse than it is. When I have a mood swing, I sometimes get the rare opportunity to see the same world on the same day during the same hour through the eyes of SA/depression/disgust and then through they eyes of "feeling OK" and the difference it striking... even though nothing had actually changed in 5 minutes.

AND last but not least I absolutely positively 100% agree with her recommendation that you see HAROLD AND MAUDE. It's awesome.

Anonymous

I believe in God and i can see why you don't. It's not God, it's the way you believe God that's wrong. Christianity has so many wrong beliefs. I'm a Muslim and we believe in God so differently from you.Don't wait for a miracle to happen everytime you pray. You must read the Quran and then think of God's existance all over again. In Quran it says, God left us free, we are free to do anything on the world (i mean, you say everyone is selfish and ignorant, that's their choice God will never do smt to avoid or change them (at least not on this world)).

Just think this, if you know phsics, you know that no element or enery disappears, they only change into other enery types or compounds,elements again but they never disappear or appear. How did the earth appear? How did the energy or compounds that make the world and the universe appear out of nowhere? It's againist the rules of phsics. There must be some kind of creator!?

Who would believe in Christianity anyway? It's so full of crap. How can smo do all the sins and then talk to a priest, then all his sins are gone? Is that fair? God is much more fair than that, everyone who did sins, will pay for them. And why do you worship a human being (i mean Gesus)? He's just human, you can respect him because he is a prophet (as we do to Hz. Muhammed) but he isn't God. Read the Quran once and you'll see how religion also could make sense?

Anonymous

Hi Commania... I think you may be mixing a little Catholicism with Christianity in your post. :wink:

I think that people have a tendancy NOT to believe in God, or a creator because of all the bad things that happen to them in their lives... but... what they don't understand is that God wants us to seek him on our own, depite how rotten our lives may be or how rotten we think they might be. If our lives were too perfect, it would be too easy to believe. He wants us to believe without proof.

Christians worship God, the Father of Jesus. According to our Bible, Jesus is the son of God, and if we don't believe that, & that He was crucified to pay our sin debt... guess what? No ticket to paradise. Jesus may have been a human prophet, but he was also the son of God, that makes Him a lot more special than just than the other prophets or the average "Joe", and considering what he did for all of us at Calvary, he deserves a lot more than praise and worship. :wink:

I'm working on my ticket! :wink:

Crimefish

People shouldn't need any religion. What kind of person needs to be bribed with promise of paradise in the afterlife (or blackmailed with the threat of hell) to live a good life while alive? I don't believe in god, I don't know if there is an afterlife, but that doesn't make me a terrible person. It makes me more determined to try to have a fair and happy life, and to make people around me as happy as possible. This life could be all we have, and if it is, I don't want to waste it.

Anonymous

About the blackmail thing...
Not everyone is like you most people has to be blackmailed to be good.

And if this life is all we have, than we have nothing.

I would never hesitate to kill myself if i thought there were no life other than this one.

Crimefish

I don't want to be seen as one of those "Fine, kill yourself, no one will miss you" people, but I'm not against suicide. I was, but I woke up. Life doesn't always get better. There may even be something better on the other side. And even if there isn't, not having conscious thought or feeling must be better than being in unbearable emotional pain your whole life.
I don't mean suicidal people should kill themselves, I'm just saying I'm not anti-suicide... or pro-suicide. Bah. I'm nothing. :oops:

Anonymous

God does exist, and if you don't get that into your head soon, you will probably be doomed to spend the rest of eternity in you know where. God loves you, and He is helping you whether you realize it now or not. But He will punish you for saying such things. You should probably apologize. He might not punish you as severely if you apologize.
And another thing. Not all girls are like that. I like nice guys. I'm always on the lookout for them, but it seems there are so few of them. (And you seem to think you are one of them...You're not. You have really bad language and worst of all, you don't believe in God.) You're right about one thing: The world is full of murderous, selfish, and ignorent people. But there are also a few good, kind, sweet, virtuous people. God is on our side. He is helping us. SA is probably a test or something, to see how strong our souls are. We can all be free, but we will never be free without our belief in God.

Crimefish

Uh, I beg to differ. I'm not going to hell because it doesn't exist. *smugness*
Besides, what kind of god would send a good person to hell just because they didn't believe in him.

Anonymous

God is the reason you're alive, and if you don't believe him you're not a good person.

And you know what i think? I think you are a nice person just because you have SP. (probably you've never hurt anyone or be rude to anyone but i think it's just because you can't). You sound so much like them. If you could you would also treat those girls like shit.

shep

wow, easy does it! Why not everyone express their own beliefs if they wish but not criticize others? Most people in this world are good people regardless of their beliefs or non belief. Be comfortable with your own and let others be.

Anonymous

I agree with commania, but sorry to insult you, Crimefish. You might be right. God might not send you there just because you don't believe in him. In fact, I'm not even sure if that place exists. I think it does, but I'm really not sure. I just get really, really mad when people don't believe in God, because I love him so much, and I love everyone else too. I worry about people when they don't believe in God, because I don't want people to go to that place if it does exist. It's such a horrible thought. I don't even want to think about it.

Alternator

shep said:
wow, easy does it! Why not everyone express their own beliefs if they wish but not criticize others? Most people in this world are good people regardless of their beliefs or non belief. Be comfortable with your own and let others be.

Amen to that. I've been in many message boards of "gothic" rock bands, and I have never seen so many narrow-minded type of responses before. I love these people who criticize Christians and call us narrow-minded, when they themselves are worse. Love the hypocrisy. Keep in mind folks, bring facts to the table to support your ideas, don't try to prove why someone else's opinion is wrong. Our opinions are not defintions.

Crashmodem, I'm sick and tired of all your negative threads and I'm sure most of the people who have been here for a while are too. If you don't want to get better, fine, but don't take others down with you. Many people come here for some sort of help or consolation, and you're not making it any better for any of us. Your situation is not any worse than everybody else's, get a grip man.

Anonymous

Another AMEN to that Shep! "Be comfortable in your own" AND, if you have a need to express your beliefs, then do it gently. Bringing on the heat dosnt make ya right .... AND, i do see some kind encouraging words here from some on the subject that are a lot more convincing than the ones done overpoweringly..............just my lowly opnion :D

nezzy

religion is the single biggest mistake mankind has ever made, it's been responsible for more killing and persecution than any other reason, not to mention being the best thing for controling the masses.

check your history

Consantine created "christianity" as a substitute for the dying "pagan" religion
and used the story of the prophet Jesus as the basis.

its all bullshit. islam, christianity, judaism, chatholisim... Bhuddism is the only religion actually in tune with anything.

I'd rather a world were people believe in themselves.
Nez

well im real mad at god right now so its sort of easy 2b on ur side at the moment. i hate myself, hate being lonely and shy, i hate being alone and living in the middle of nowhere, have no idea how mad i am at myself bc i dont have skills 'every1 else has', no idea where 2 even begin when i think of living on my own. i thought getting married wud solve everything (hes a youth pastor) but he cheated and its over. its almost a yr later and im never going 2 get over that its over and all thats left is a big hole of emptiness. id luv 2 die but i dont feel like seeing god right now so im living in a gloom world. sorry 2b so gloomy but u started it. :)