If I had a super power it would be....

winnifred

ok, so, I was on the boat today killing tme and what-not, and after much deliberation throughout my childhood years, and after struggling with the fact that you cant have every super power, or probably even more than one, I have decided.

If I had any ONE super power, It would be to become a mermaid. (this lost to invisbility) If I could get to specify, only when I want to. because I do like going to the bay to hang out and that could get akward around large groups of strangers. but seriously, it would be the best thing ever.

So.......what would yours be?

(I am revisiting my youth today)

Are we talking about getting the superpowers and the laws of pysichs still applying, or getting the exact powers as in the comic book, and the laws of the universe are stretched a bit so they work for us.

God I'm a nerd

BloodFury

Are we talking about getting the superpowers and the laws of pysichs still applying, or getting the exact powers as in the comic book, and the laws of the universe are stretched a bit so they work for us.

God I'm a nerd

WoW you're a nerd... Nah j/k.

Mine would be able to spawn any object. I could spawn money, houses, and cars!

Dr. Doom

Hmmm....this is tough.

But ultimately I would choose to have the power cosmic, basically all the abilities and powers bestowed to Norrin Raad when he assumed the position as herald to Galactus. Or in lamen, to be the Silver Surfer!!! But, that would be a few powers, many abilities...

If I could only choose one power, one ability, I would choose to be able to adapt to any environment. So if I were submerged in water, I would be able to stay in for a long time. My body would be able to exchange the oxygen in the water, or maybe my lung capacity would increase so that I could take in more air. If I were in a cave, I would be able to see and hear better.

That would be my power.

drganon

I'd probably wish to have the ability to read other people's minds. That or be able to predict the future with 100% accuracy.

_Hope

I'd probably wish to have the ability to read other people's minds. That or be able to predict the future with 100% accuracy.

I like that super power but I'm not sure I'd like to see what the future holds for me and people I care about! I may not like what I see. ::(:

drganon

I like that super power but I'm not sure I'd like to see what the future holds for me and people I care about! I may not like what I see. ::(:

I'm the exact opposite. I'm dying to know what my future is. It's probably gonna suck, but I'd just like to know in advance so I don't get my hopes up and can prepare myself.

_Hope

I'm the exact opposite. I'm dying to know what my future is. It's probably gonna suck, but I'd just like to know in advance so I don't get my hopes up and can prepare myself.

I can see where you're coming from, it would in a way be nice to know but if it was good it would wreck the surprises of life and if its bad I assume it would make a lot of people want to curl up in a ball and give up trying.

I guess it depends how well you can handle such information aye, personally I'd suck at it lol. :)

I'd want to be invisible. I would use that ability to seclude myself, and think. No pranks or anything fun, just being alone and trying to make sense of the world.

MagicPotion

I actually posted this question on eHarmony (presumably making myself look a dork in the process by actually asking this on a dating site)

My super power would be the power to heal all illnesses and diseases.

I know it's lame and it's also Jesuses' superpower BUT: Imagine if your mum got sick. You'd be glad you chose this superpower rather than firing lasers out of your eyes, or turning invisible so you can perve on the neighbours having sex, or whatever.

Failing that - I would like to have Chthulhu's power to turn people insane simply by them looking at me. :eek: I'd just walk down the street near my house and watch the hilarity ensue. "THE HORROR! THE UNBEARABLE ELDRITCH COSMIC HORROR!" people scream, as I walk down the road to get my morning paper.

Best answer I got to the question was - the ability to leap over buildings in a single bound simply because if you were feeling afraid or angry you could just jump up to the top of a mountain and be alone :) Which I thought was cute.

I'm not sure I'd want to see my future - but it might be good to be warned, if I'm going to have a heart attack in 5 years time then I cut down on the beer and the smoking etc. I just like it to be a mystery that I can shape entirely on my own.

Last edited:

Thelema

Hmmm....this is tough.

But ultimately I would choose to have the power cosmic, basically all the abilities and powers bestowed to Norrin Raad when he assumed the position as herald to Galactus. Or in lamen, to be the Silver Surfer!!! But, that would be a few powers, many abilities...

If I could only choose one power, one ability, I would choose to be able to adapt to any environment. So if I were submerged in water, I would be able to stay in for a long time. My body would be able to exchange the oxygen in the water, or maybe my lung capacity would increase so that I could take in more air. If I were in a cave, I would be able to see and hear better.

That would be my power.

The Silver Surfer is the coolest super hero. Too bad the Fantastic 4 movie with him had to be one of the worst movies I've seen.

I'd want the power to meld my mind with all computers and the machines computers control. That way, my brain power increases at the same exponential rate as computer processing does, and I get to assume robot bodies n stuff.

Srijita52

I'm not sure if you could trust me with it, but I wouldn't mind being able to control time and space. You know being able to go forward, backwards, slow time down, stop it. Seems like it could be useful.

Yeah,me tooB-)

chibiXphantom

i would definately choose mind control. if you had the power of mind control, you could do anything you wanted to. no one could stop you