I took a huge step forward today!

neohorizon

I'm in the last semester of College, i didnt work so far, and this is a shame, because i'm the only one of my class that didnt work (my course prioritize working experience)

Last year i sent my Curriculum to the City Hall of my town to work as a intern, i did that because my family was needing money, and i would like to face my fears and get better with the SA, get more responsibility, more self esteem!

They didnt call me until today, 4 hours ago... i said to them wait some days, "i need to think", the woman said that they dont have time, i had only 30 minutes to accept or deny!

I was 100% sure of denying, some friends worked there and they had to take care of kids in schools, worked as secretary, as teacher for kids... things that need much communicative skill, self confidence and you know, being normal

i was with so much fear! But them i tought about you guys, about what i would do at home instead of working, about the girl i love that is so outgoing and happy (a friend at college), about the time i lost doing nothing...
I need to change! I dont want to be like this anymore, i hate doing things in front of others, i hate to talk to important people (man, i might talk with the mayor), i even hate to answer phone calls...
But this is a step i MUST take to get better, there is no growth without suffering, right? The good news is that i'll work in Transport Sector, in front the computer... but as intern of the City hall they might call me to other places too ;/

Now, i'll start kung fu or boxe too, i need get more nimble, i think i'm too slow or stupid LOL!

REMEMBER, INDIFFERENCE DOESN'T GIVE NOTHING GOOD, face the suffering and the fear, its horrible but its necessary!

I'M FEELING SO GOOD RIGHT NOW, MY FAMILY IS HAPPY TO!!!!

Last edited:

neohorizon

Thx everybody! ^^
but i still worried as ****! It was only a step forward...

maybe i get crazy and start running forward and get with my face on the floor HAHAHAHA lol

dottie

very proud of you! it is good to hear that you challenged yourself. you took that leap. keep it up!

Newtype

That's awesome, you did the right thing. It's nice to see a positive thread once in a while.