I told her

dannyboy65

Well I did it, I confessed to my best friend I loved her. It didn't turn out the way I wanted it too because well it was on the phone. I wanted to tell her in person. Second I wanted to do it when she was over her ex boyfriend, but the conversation lead to it. We were talking about love and she said he was her friend her whole life and she really did love him. I said I know the feeling I'm in the same situation, she asked who I loved. I stammered a lot and got really nervous and then she said these random names. She paused, and said is it me? I said yes. She was shocked and I guess confused I'm scared I weirded her out, I wish I didn't have to do it that way.

PerseverareJasmine

I can understand why you wish you could have been there in person to tell her, and that she had made more progress in moving on from her ex-boyfriend, but at least your feelings are out in the open now. You won't have to hide them anymore. If a boy loved me, I wouldn't want him to have to suffer and struggle by keeping his feelings bottled inside. She may be shocked now, but someone coming out and saying that they love you can be surprising, and scary, especially if the confession is coming from a friend. I think she might need time to process what she found out. I guess now you just have to wait to see where it goes from here, good luck.

dannyboy65

I can understand why you wish you could have been there in person to tell her, and that she had made more progress in moving on from her ex-boyfriend, but at least your feelings are out in the open now. You won't have to hide them anymore. If a boy loved me, I wouldn't want him to have to suffer and struggle by keeping his feelings bottled inside. She may be shocked now, but someone coming out and saying that they love you can be surprising, and scary, especially if the confession is coming from a friend. I think she might need time to process what she found out. I guess now you just have to wait to see where it goes from here, good luck.

Thank you for the reply yes I am being patient for her and told her to get what she has to done and don't worry I can handle everything.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Well... at least it's out there, right? ha ha

It just seems to me like you've both got a lot on your plates right now.

I'd give her some time, as she's not gonna want to move onto anything serious for a little while after just getting out of a relationship.

I know you're not all that confident, and you feel like you've got to get your bid-in for the job before the other guys start closing-in, but you seriously need to take things slooooow right now.

Just try to play it cool and keep working on yourself, the more you can focus on getting your situation under control right now, the better. This will also give her space to figure her situation-out, and it won't feel like you're desperate or pressuring her.

DepravedFurball

You get two big thumbs up, dood, and a heart-felt 'Attaboi'.

And I agree with FandF; just play it cool for a while. Hard thing to do when your nerves are frayed and your mind is addled... but at least the ball is in her court for a bit.

Even if she comes back and tells you 'sorry, but I need some time to sort some stuff out', reply with something frosty like 'Take all the time you need... and even if you decide that you can't return my feelings, just know that I'll *always* love you.'.

Bonus-points for not stammering through that. ^^

dannyboy65

You get two big thumbs up, dood, and a heart-felt 'Attaboi'.

And I agree with FandF; just play it cool for a while. Hard thing to do when your nerves are frayed and your mind is addled... but at least the ball is in her court for a bit.

Even if she comes back and tells you 'sorry, but I need some time to sort some stuff out', reply with something frosty like 'Take all the time you need... and even if you decide that you can't return my feelings, just know that I'll *always* love you.'.

Bonus-points for not stammering through that. ^^

I told her after I told her not to worry about it because I would always be there for her friend or boyfriend I just want her in my life thats what I said

dannyboy65

Well... at least it's out there, right? ha ha

It just seems to me like you've both got a lot on your plates right now.

I'd give her some time, as she's not gonna want to move onto anything serious for a little while after just getting out of a relationship.

I know you're not all that confident, and you feel like you've got to get your bid-in for the job before the other guys start closing-in, but you seriously need to take things slooooow right now.

Just try to play it cool and keep working on yourself, the more you can focus on getting your situation under control right now, the better. This will also give her space to figure her situation-out, and it won't feel like you're desperate or pressuring her.

Don't worry I am taking it slow it was what just came up in the conversation and she guessed and I was just being honest

Srijita52

Well done for telling her! I know its a difficult situation to be in but atleast you've done your part. Give her some space now, it seems like she's just recovering from her break up and when she decides to fall in love again it might or might not be with you. I guess time will tell. But it seems like you are going great, hang in there. :)

JohnnAY

Good for you man. That must have been a tough phone call for you. I agree with the rest of the posters; now that you've told her, give her some space. I know it can be hard when you're fluttered with emotions, but it helps to stay busy. When she's ready to start the conversation, she'll come to you.