I think I may be going insane

ljwwriter

I spend so much time alone, and I talk to myself incessantly (although I've always done this quite a bit), but now I barely know how to communicate with my own family. Sometimes I really do think my psyche is becoming warped. I feel stuck. Anyone else wonder sometimes if they might be losing it?

recluse

Don't worry i feel the same! I have spent so much time alone i feel that i have damaged myself phsycologically. I feel that i have caused ireperable damage and therefore i will never be able to form close bonds to people. I have constant thoughts about everything going around my head because it has become a habit form all the time spent alone, therefore i can't even concentrate when people talk to me.

Mimiage

I feel the same to, i feel like i'm losing the plot sometimes. It's all part and parcel of this thing we have in common. It's a real shit isn't it. Be strong.

Roppee

Ever considered the positive things long-time loneliness has bought to you? Try focusing on doing positive things like education, health and learning about what's going on in the world (newspapers, television and internet) when you are alone.

Put your mind into good things long-time loneliness can bring to you.

Roppee

Hey Pinker, I have also been through that phase for long and I rarely felt sad or cried about it. I am very much used to it now. I always try to put all that time of my life into something constructive.

ljwwriter

Roppee said:
Ever considered the positive things long-time loneliness has bought to you? Try focusing on doing positive things like education, health and learning about what's going on in the world (newspapers, television and internet) when you are alone.

Put your mind into good things long-time loneliness can bring to you.

By this point the positive side of loneliness has mostly faded away. You can only find so much worth waking up for when you know the next day you'll just be waking up alone all over again. I think there is often a positive side to things, but I'm hard pressed to find one when it comes to long-term loneliness. Short-term? Sure. But loneliness that seems to have no end in sight? Finding a truly positive side to that seems like grasping at straws. But then, that's what many of us have to do to keep ourselves going, even if it does mean we're a little delusional.
I don't know. It just seems a little odd to me to try to start listing off things that make being lonely a good thing in my mind.

Roppee

By this point the positive side of loneliness has mostly faded away. You can only find so much worth waking up for when you know the next day you'll just be waking up alone all over again. I think there is often a positive side to things, but I'm hard pressed to find one when it comes to long-term loneliness. Short-term? Sure. But loneliness that seems to have no end in sight? Finding a truly positive side to that seems like grasping at straws. But then, that's what many of us have to do to keep ourselves going, even if it does mean we're a little delusional.
I don't know. It just seems a little odd to me to try to start listing off things that make being lonely a good thing in my mind.

You are not lonely in a way that you are here on these forums. Joining some discussion forums can help, like waking up to see the replies, discussions, threads you have been a part of.

I agree that we have to be a bit delusional to keep ourselves going on, but again if those delusions are positive, for the betterment of people in this world and if you have a self-belief in yourself, then why not work on it? There has to be a start somewhere. A person can gets to know so much about his real talents and gifts when he spends a lot of time in loneliness.

I'd like to know few things that make you feel good about being lonely?

Roppee

You must be having an interest in something, like education, gym, work or travelling? All these things can bring something productive if you stay dedicated to them.

ljwwriter

Pinker said:
Being lonely has made me unproductive. I used to be very committed but i've grow quite lazy with nothing to do. I can't wait for a change to come, i've been so fed up for so long. I've missed out on things.

I have to say I sort of feel the same. It can be quite difficult to maintain an interest in things when you don't have anyone pushing you or when you're just not around other people everyday sharing your goals. I used to love writing, but now that I'm alone so much I can't even set pen to paper. I can't remember ever loving much of anything else in my life, so it's maddening to think that that's gone for now.
Being lonely has made me pretty lazy too. I can't even muster up the energy to set small goals. I just spend most of my days watching TV, online(keeps me sane but seems to making me crazier just the same), eating, listening to music, and pondering death. Sometimes I will have a flash of creativity, but it usually dies before I can take charge of it, which drives me nuts.

Sometimes I feel like I'm going crazzzy. I really don't wanna end up as some crazy old person who talks to trees all day. Well maybe it would be pretty cool if they talked back, but still. I talk to objects sometimes, oh and I talk to my doggy a lot. Yeah. I'm also wayyy too obsessed with my appearance, like too an extreme. I have so many weird things I do though, a lot of people already think I'm crazy. I'll take on there weird obsessions of the most pointless thing and will think about it for hours.

I just feel so confused about everything, like nothing makes any sense at all. It could be this or something else and I don't know what anything is, and I'm starting to confuse myself right now. I once spent 7 hours just drawing repetitive circles on a page. It's just things over and over and over and over and over and over again. I have to look at thigns so many times to find out what they are and I repeat words to myself all the time.
I always say wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait.

It's just nonstop and I think about the weirdest things. I associate things with the strangest thing. It's all strange, it's all weird, it's all crazy. Sometimes I'll just write one word and fill up pages with it. The repitition of it all. afklhfkjljfkdjkfsdjkfkljdsjkldskjl. Maybe I am crazy then. I have no idea what I just said because I don't know how to word anything properly. It's not that I'm trying to act like this either, I just am.

no1

Banned
yeah. I am losing touch with reality. I don't have enough external.. "confirmation" of anything really, and my past just drives me "crazy" and gives me reason to think "crazy".

There's nothing wrong with talking to yourself, as long as you don't think you're someone else, and you can avoid doing so in inappropriate public places.

Inability to communicate with your family is natural if you haven't practiced it in a while. More of a problem if you live with them, but in that case you wouldn't be alone.

I honestly think ive been losin it too. Ive noticed ive been living more & more in my head the longer ive been a loner, im just talking to myself in my head all the time, I got no concentration anymore & it makes me forget so many things like someone asking me to do something 5 mins earlier << that happens all the time.

I do so many things wrong when im like this too, like today I was trying to put cereal back into the fridge instead of the milk (lol) and I got back to reality and thought wtf :?

Its a really stupid example but I do millions of things like that and I zoom back into real life and think oh god :?. Its becoming abit of a problem. Might just be boredom but im not sure, I sure as hell dont do it when im outside im too concious for that.

I feel exactly the same. I have been alone and closed off for such a long time I honestly believe it has created a lot of psychological problems and huge barriers to ever becoming a functioning member of society again. All that time wallowing in truly bleak negative thoughts of hopelessness and constant self-deprecating with very little human interaction and positive encouragement and support, how could it not leave a mark? One that I fear will never come off at this point.

Lorraine Manca

I worry about about going crazy a lot. not the fun creative kind of crazy thats romanticized in movies or the wired kind, but the drooling ugly kind of crazy. the kind that smells funny and has a glazed look in there eyes. im afraid of it because i always feel like there's something breaking in my head. i've been told its a common fear to have though in anxiety disorders.