I think I have OCD?

are there any particular things that you do frequently that you feel like you mUst wash your hands right after? if so, try keeping a pair of light gardening/work gloves next to it so you won't have to wash your hands from it all the time. then, after you can actually SEE or smell stuff on the gloves from getting dirty, just wash them in the washing machine (and AIR DRY) then reuse them. you'll save on your water bill and save soap :)

That could work :D
After I wash my hands(when I'm getting ready to eat), if I accidently touch a door handle, or like a condiment bottle, or anything lots of people touch or I feel is dirty, I have to rewash my hands. After I eat, I wash them again to remove foods I have on my hands if I eat a food that I require to touch, and then not worry about my hands much, unless I touch something really gross, or I'm going to eat again.
I also hate it when OTHERS don't wash their hands :p

gummybear22

i hate it when others don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom... >:K
before i eat food that i use my hands to eat, i'll most of the time wash my hands before. and i wash my hands a good bit anyway.

gummybear22

you aren't just junking up yourself, you're junking up others who touch something after you, such as doorknobs. gross man.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
what doesn't kill you builds your immune system

i'm virtually bullet proof

Yes, indeed it does. My cleanliness habits and how often I get sick are pretty highly correlated. Maybe if I totally let myself go hygenitcally I would never even get a runny nose! :D :rolleyes:

you aren't just junking up yourself, you're junking up others who touch something after you, such as doorknobs. gross man.

Grossness is a state of mind, what makes something gross is how you think about it. Now, the spread of disease is a little more objective though ::p:

gummybear22

i'm glad many bathrooms have hand sanitizer next to the exit. but i still feel kinda grossed out by those who use that instead of washing their hands, even though more germs get killed by the sanitizer. and the folks who just dunk their hands under the water for a sec and think that's enough. ew. people need better hygiene!!!!

IKR,.... and another thing that I think is dumb about my OCD, is that I get it even when I'm playing video games!! If my character walks by and touches a certain object or spot, I get the urge to go back with my character and touch it again...lol. But only on COD for PS3 though, I don't know why, maybe because it's for realistic lookig that PS2 or something else.

laure15

IKR,.... and another thing that I think is dumb about my OCD, is that I get it even when I'm playing video games!! If my character walks by and touches a certain object or spot, I get the urge to go back with my character and touch it again...lol. But only on COD for PS3 though, I don't know why, maybe because it's for realistic lookig that PS2 or something else.

I do this too. When I play games on ps2, I try to be as thorough as possible. For example when I'm searching for something, I go over an area and then I go over it again, just to double check and make sure I don't miss anything. Most of the time, it's unnecessary to do so.

coyote

Yes, indeed it does. My cleanliness habits and how often I get sick are pretty highly correlated. Maybe if I totally let myself go hygenitcally I would never even get a runny nose! :D :rolleyes:

the more you sanitize an environment the less healthy it becomes

life flourishes in biodiversity - consider the rainforest

the bugs and parasites that inhabit the surface of our skin actually help us to maintain ecological balance in our own little personal ecosystem

if we scrub it too clean, we open the door to hostile invasive species by removing the very defenses that occur naturally to combat them

dean01

when i think of ocd i think about the film aviator with leonardo de capprio, where he obseses over germs. good film

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
the more you sanitize an environment the less healthy it becomes

life flourishes in biodiversity - consider the rainforest

the bugs and parasites that inhabit the surface of our skin actually help us to maintain ecological balance in our own little personal ecosystem

if we scrub it too clean, we open the door to hostile invasive species by removing the very defenses that occur naturally to combat them

Exactly. The phrase "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" certainly applies here. People don't seem to see it that way when I decide not to shower for 4 days though :sad: (ok,maybe some level of cleanliness is healthy ::p:)

OCDd

yes this is ocd, definitely i have it too and i know how you feel with going back and doing things. dont worry though talk to a professional just get psychological and psychiatric help and you will be fine take the meds as prescribed and do the therapy, trust me it helps. also you could get close to God and pray to him and ask him for help and forgiveness of sins. stay close with God and he will protect you and help you. hope this helps and i hope you get better, good luck and God bless :)

yes this is ocd, definitely i have it too and i know how you feel with going back and doing things. dont worry though talk to a professional just get psychological and psychiatric help and you will be fine take the meds as prescribed and do the therapy, trust me it helps. also you could get close to God and pray to him and ask him for help and forgiveness of sins. stay close with God and he will protect you and help you. hope this helps and i hope you get better, good luck and God bless :)

Thanks. I will continue the praying as well.