I think i figured something out

Confuseddd

I have thought i was bi-polar for awhile, and well , i think i have figured out the problem. I dont think it is that i am bi polar because i dont have manic episodes. a little knowledge on the term "manic" is it means to have feelings of superiority and almost euphoric bliss. Many manic episodes bring on the feeling of invincibility. This has never happened to me . . .

I've come to the conclusion that i have severe episodes of depression.
The emptyness i feel in times like those are hard to stomach and it makes me search for meaning to my life constantly. These feelings can be brought on by a sad song sometimes , It is chronic. Im not a man who crys about things but when these feelings hit, and mostly at random times , i just feel like breaking down. The reason i thought i was bi polar was because it was such a drastic mood swing from happy to depressed , or excited , to depressed , or (Insert emotion here) to depressed.

I reasoned it out though but it took me a long time to do that , so apart of this post is because i wanted to get it off my chest because well im feeling alittle bit like that now. . . But the other reason i wanted to post this was because if any one else is going through uncertainty and they think they could be bi-polar, this could be of some help.

Well , what made me realise it was just severe chronic depression is that im always in a normal for the occasion mood and it can switch to depressed. I dont sway back and forth with my emotions like it seemed i did. It is always swinging one way , and thats to the depression.
Hope it helped someone?
If not it helped me alittle bit to type this out.

kuze

Im in a similar boat, i get trememndously depressed sometimes and it can be triggered by anything. it can last for days sometimes, i always called it 'manic' but with this post i think my situation is chronic also.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
It doesn't sound like you are bi-polar to me, but obviously I'm no expert. My mother is bi-polar and according to what I read and what I observed, I am not bi-polar. She has really serious Highs (often provoked by presence of others) and really serious Downs. I think I am more like you, I have a normal state that is very frequently disturbed by periods of depression. Sometimes there is a reason and lots of the time there is no reason or it is caused by a ridiculously insignificant event.

I read something here not too long ago, about dysthymia, which is, if I understood, chronic depression. I think what we have could be more closer to this.

Anyway, as an advise, I can tell you that my best periods (less depressed) are definitely related with a healthy way of life: Sports, outdoor, healthy food, less or no alcohol and drugs, and some social life (that goes along with sports and outdoor and also really helps for SA or AvPD). I keep my mind busy with things I like. I think I'm better to fight depression than AvPD. Hope that helps a little.

Last edited:

Blaze

I don't know whats wrong with me either. I had an alright day at work, then all of the sudden I'm rip roaring angry when I'm about to go home. I'm pissed the entire 30 min drive home, and after an hour of sitting in my chair staring at nothing, I start to cry.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I don't know whats wrong with me either. I had an alright day at work, then all of the sudden I'm rip roaring angry when I'm about to go home. I'm pissed the entire 30 min drive home, and after an hour of sitting in my chair staring at nothing, I start to cry.

You probably just had a moment of enlightement where you realized that the life style we are requested to live is non-sense