I sincerely want to die...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remus

Staff member
OK I edited out the abrasive comments and any arguments thereafter, just going to request that No.1 keeps this as his main "angst" thread so we can keep an eye on it

dzerklis

i have seen many people posting here about how they want to die over the last 3 or 4 years? (since i registered here) has any of them killed themselves? i highly doubt that. its repetitive you know. you could come up with something original. like i want to kill myself but take someone with me and then tell a story why you want to kill them.

Ever tell a psychologist or psychiatrist that you feel like killing yourself sometimes? They will then look at you as if you are insane, and need to be lock away in a psych ward where you will only get worse and are given really bad drugs.

yeah it's a catch-22 - when you really need help the most, you can't talk about how you really feel. the doctors are probably concerned that they'll be blamed if they let someone go and something bad happens. but there are anonymous places you can talk to - i've never tried them though, it made me too nervous.

otoh you can probably say you've been having suicidal ideation, ie thoughts of suicide coming up, but that you wouldn't do anything like that.

anyway, i can empathize.

mimi1988

haha you think I sleep?

besides I dont compare myself to others worse off than me.

the point is, you can deal with your problems. I can't. I am not at the same level as those much worse off than me. I feel bad for them but it doesn't make me feel any better about myself.

Well, maybe u should compare your situation to others. Seeing other's who are much worse off than you doesn't make u feel even the least bit more appreciative because you're not trying to put yourself in their shoes; you're only concerned about you and your problems.

I think the same way you do, at times. (and it's kinda selfish to think that way). But then i have to remind myself that there are ppl in this world who have it MUCH worse than me, and feeling sorry for myself will do no good. it will only make matters worse. Just think of all the things that you ARE thankful for. As for me, I'm thankful for my family. i'm thankful i have all of my limbs. i'm thankful for my vision and my hearing. i'm thanful for my health.
just think about things u are grateful for and think about those who are not as fortunate. if that doesn't make u feel a little more appreciative, then it's bcus ur being selfish and looking for pity.

we're all going through the same thing here. your situation is not much different than the other hundred or so ppl on this site. i'm sure more than half the ppl on this site has felt suicidal at some point. i feel like that a lot of days. but i try not to talk about stuff like that bcus i dont want ppl to pity me, nor do i want to make those around me unhappy (or guilty). maybe some ppl are better at dealing w/their problems. either way, know what that means? it means u need to work on dealing with your problems a little better.

not trying to be harsh. just giving my honest opinion.

Noca

Banned
Well, maybe u should compare your situation to others. Seeing other's who are much worse off than you doesn't make u feel even the least bit more appreciative because you're not trying to put yourself in their shoes; you're only concerned about you and your problems.

I think the same way you do, at times. (and it's kinda selfish to think that way). But then i have to remind myself that there are ppl in this world who have it MUCH worse than me, and feeling sorry for myself will do no good. it will only make matters worse. Just think of all the things that you ARE thankful for. As for me, I'm thankful for my family. i'm thankful i have all of my limbs. i'm thankful for my vision and my hearing. i'm thanful for my health.
just think about things u are grateful for and think about those who are not as fortunate. if that doesn't make u feel a little more appreciative, then it's bcus ur being selfish and looking for pity.

we're all going through the same thing here. your situation is not much different than the other hundred or so ppl on this site. i'm sure more than half the ppl on this site has felt suicidal at some point. i feel like that a lot of days. but i try not to talk about stuff like that bcus i dont want ppl to pity me, nor do i want to make those around me unhappy (or guilty). maybe some ppl are better at dealing w/their problems. either way, know what that means? it means u need to work on dealing with your problems a little better.

not trying to be harsh. just giving my honest opinion.
There are people even more worse off then me, however that does not tone down the severity of my own problems. There WILL ALWAYS be someone worse off then you, that doesnt mean you are not sick or ill too. I find line "compare yourself to others" to be insulting as someone who is ill, anxious, and depressed.

I know you mean no harm but what you say backfires.

fedupoffear88

Yo man, seriously NEVER GIVE UP!!! Think about the good moments u had in life, dont matter if they r few...but u'll know tht life's worth livin. Always keep your hopes up nd talk to ppl whom u trust about ur probs...prolly u mite not have any. But then talk to urself, it does help me. And listen to some good inspirational music, lemme know if u wanna know 'bout some good music...Try to think positive eventho i know its next to impossible but if u can only do it once, that'll b a start!!! Remember, NEVA GIVE UP nd think tht one day u will overcome ur fears nd keep fightin!!! Thts the key to everything.....Hope this helps, just some of the things tht i do to help mahself feel better.:)

no1

Banned
i honestly think my situation is different. thanks all for the support. and also the ones not supporting. but enough said. I want this thread to die .

this shit waxes and wanes. so you're right "iamthenra". I dont know why. One day I feel like dying, but then some time later, maybe later on the day I feel less like it. Then I go back to it.. thinking about it so absolutely too. Not being sure why I even felt like living. Then later, not being sure why I even felt like dying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.