hello guys
Iam a new member in the group :shyness:

Iam tryin to overcome this phobia and things are going OK till now
only my problem is that I cant read well

I will explain to ya
if somebody asks me to speak in front of the class I can do it and its easy
but when it comes to holding a paper and read from it
it is so hard :sad:

before I had some thoughts or let me call it positive massages , but now I started to have negative massages and I lost hope :crying:

I dont know what to do guys , I had nobody to talk to exept here cuzz you all know how I feel so .......

any positive words ??? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

gummybear22

practice and know what exactly you're having problems with when you're reading. do you stutter, mix up words or letters, etc. if you know the issue, you'll know more of how to attempt to fix it

MikeyC

Do you have reading difficulties? Is reading my post causing you problems, or is it only if you have to read to a group?

You have no trouble speaking in front of class, so I don't think it's a confidence issue. Something about reading is halting you. Do you read many books? I just get the feeling there's some level of reading difficulties here.

practice and know what exactly you're having problems with when you're reading. do you stutter, mix up words or letters, etc. if you know the issue, you'll know more of how to attempt to fix it

yea I stutter a lot when I lose control in my breathing
and the word wont even come out

Do you have reading difficulties? Is reading my post causing you problems, or is it only if you have to read to a group?

You have no trouble speaking in front of class, so I don't think it's a confidence issue. Something about reading is halting you. Do you read many books? I just get the feeling there's some level of reading difficulties here.

no I read a lot and Iam a good reader when Iam alone but when it comes to class its just the words stuck in my throat and I cant let them out
its so embarrassing when it happens in class

Last edited:

MikeyC

no I read a lot and Iam a good reader when Iam alone but when it comes to class its just the words stuck in my throat and I cant let them out
its so embarrassing when it happens in class
I don't really understand why this happens, since you're a confident speaker in other situations in front of the class. Maybe there's something subconscious going on. I hope you get it worked out.

hardy

It's possible to overcome anything...but the first step is to accept the situation. Say to yourselves ," the door of my heart is open to this current problem". Treat it with respect...not something which you have to get rid of. This helps a little no matter what.

But If the problem is too severe, i take medicine...then comes coping techniques....plz visit a qualified doc...wishing you happiness.

It's possible to overcome anything...but the first step is to accept the situation. Say to yourselves ," the door of my heart is open to this current problem". Treat it with respect...not something which you have to get rid of. This helps a little no matter what.

But If the problem is too severe, i take medicine...then comes coping techniques....plz visit a qualified doc...wishing you happiness.

well thank you so much for your wishing
you know I had it before in English Iam Arabic BTW
when I was in grade 9 it used to happen to me when I read English but cuzz I started to read a lot in front of the class not giving them any attention
whatever they comments and now in grade 10 I can speak and read freely maybe sometimes my heart beat fast but at least the words come out and I feel more confident and relax when I speak in english
its shame actually that I cant read well in arabic which is my first language :confused::confused:

but I will try my best

thnxxx again :kiss::kiss:

I don't really understand why this happens, since you're a confident speaker in other situations in front of the class. Maybe there's something subconscious going on. I hope you get it worked out.

no friend I dont think its subconscious
but I cant blam you anyway everybody else is confused to
they are like " Alaa come on if you can speak then of course you can read"
It hurts sometimes when they say grow up but anyway I will try :thumbup:

jaim38

I just want to mention that the audience has a huge factor on the speaker's confidence. I know for me, I feel more comfortable speaking in front of a neutral or friendly audience. But, when I'm faced with a somewhat negative and hostile audience, my confidence plummets and I feel very awkward to be on stage, like "why am I even here?"

Byre

Banned
I don't know why I'm here either. Nothing makes any sense to me. We are here. We won the egg and sperm race. That's something. People win cups for their fore-arm smash

DepravedFurball

I don't know why I'm here either. Nothing makes any sense to me. We are here. We won the egg and sperm race. That's something. People win cups for their fore-arm smash

Heh. Well, it could also be said that the cowards are the ones to survive a battle most often.

I just want to mention that the audience has a huge factor on the speaker's confidence. I know for me, I feel more comfortable speaking in front of a neutral or friendly audience. But, when I'm faced with a somewhat negative and hostile audience, my confidence plummets and I feel very awkward to be on stage, like "why am I even here?"

why Iam even here hhhhhhhhhhh:giggle:

good one

rumblejaded

Just gather enough strength and keep doing what you are doing. They say practice makes perfect. For your case, maybe slowly but surely. Good luck.

RegalSin

Find something you could enjoy reading about. Any topic. Tons of things out there to read. I read about my work which is art related