I live in fear

dannyboy65

It doesn't seem to matter what it is or when it is. I live in fear of everything. I can't meet new people cause I'm scared, I can't sleep cause I fear the next day. I take my pills everyday and yet I still feel like this yet I'm already taking 7 a day. I'm to scared to reach out to people because I don't want them to see me differently. I want to live my life without fear, but I don't think I ever will. From my earliest memory I was always scared. I'll do anything to get better.... If that means putting me away in an institution or giving me powerful medication, I'll do anything.... My mind is so tired....

ImNotMyIllness

"I'm to scared to reach out to people because I don't want them to see me differently." This is the source of your fear with people. I think by differently, you mean weird and/or bad. And, you think that if people see you as different then they won't like you-you'll be judged.

How about being liked and accepted for who you are? We're all different and WE ALL have problems. Be honest with people. I personally think highly of you because your burdened with a greater weight than most of us here. Plenty of other people will feel the same way.

Also remember, there are people who will never accept you no matter who you are. The trick is to find (and focus) on the ones that do value you.

Earthcircle

It doesn't seem to matter what it is or when it is. I live in fear of everything. I can't meet new people cause I'm scared, I can't sleep cause I fear the next day. I take my pills everyday and yet I still feel like this yet I'm already taking 7 a day. I'm to scared to reach out to people because I don't want them to see me differently. I want to live my life without fear, but I don't think I ever will. From my earliest memory I was always scared. I'll do anything to get better.... If that means putting me away in an institution or giving me powerful medication, I'll do anything.... My mind is so tired....

You might try this: Amazon.com: The Mindfulness and Acceptance Workbook for Anxiety: A Guide to Breaking Free from Anxiety, Phobias, and Worry Using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (9781572244993): John P. Forsyth, Georg H. Eifert: Books

Argentum

That's a lot of medication to be taking... but if things are that serious, you might have to nurture yourself until you're strong enough to deal with the rest of the world. They'll still be there 5 years, 10 years, or 15 years from now. Don't worry about them if you don't have to or can't afford to.

dannyboy65

Thank you for the feedback everybody. Yes I take a lot of medication and if I miss a single pill I am screwed. My friend who is 50 and struggles with depression always tells me we need these pills, not for us but the people that love us. These pills are what helps make our chemistry a little better.

Earthcircle

Thank you for the feedback everybody. Yes I take a lot of medication and if I miss a single pill I am screwed. My friend who is 50 and struggles with depression always tells me we need these pills, not for us but the people that love us. These pills are what helps make our chemistry a little better.

I'm 49. I took pills years ago, but I stopped and I really don't need them. (That's not quite true. I will take Ambien the night before a major obligation.) For me, the trick is to wean off of them very very gradually. I'm not telling you to do that. I'm just saying that I am glad that I did. The pills were actually screwing me up.

feel4

Hi DannyBoy65, I am hoping by now you are not living in fear but if you are please read this Feel4 article which gives you the truth about overcoming your fears. This information is free and it will cure you of any anxiety you have. Happy to discuss!?

CrazyGirl

I'm the same way. Although, its got a little better over the years. The old adage is true with age, comes wisdom. I've lived in fear as long as I could remember.

MotherWolff

Banned

Awwwww. I really dislike reading things like this. I really dislike reading about my brothers and sisters of our planet suffering like this when they don't have to.

The powers that be like to see people suffer. Why? Because then they know they have control over them.

Imma tell you right now. Those damn pills(presciption drugs I assume) ain't there to make you feel well. Its just there to cover up the symptoms.

That means the ROOT problem of the sickness is still there, thriving as lively as ever inside of you.

The only way you can begin to help yourself feel tremendously less fear is to change your thinking. There are two books about this that I recommend everyone suffering from any mental sickness get. They are "Telling Yourself the Truth" by William Backus and Marie Chapin and "You Are What You Think" by David Stoop.

Also, instead of taking synthesized pills that do not work, please take natural herbs that will!

Husgen

The violence and lifestyle we all are living on this world is not good to our health. Its making us so stressed and afraid all the time.. even making us get in panic disorder. It would be great, not just who is already with panic disorder, but we all try have a more natural and relax lifestyle. What we eat, how we sleep, what we think... many habits need to change on our life. Some good things can help you to get out of fear is have more contact with nature and outdoors, meditation and listen about belivings words. Hope you get fine soon :)

April72

I'm the same way. Although, its got a little better over the years. The old adage is true with age, comes wisdom. I've lived in fear as long as I could remember.

Definitively, age helps a lot, along with doing some social exposure therapy

April72

Hi, Danny! What's MotherWoff says is true. You don't need so many pills. The right help for you is changing your thoughts through therapy and doing some kind of treatment to lessen your anxiety and stress.
Living with a constant fear is the worst a person can face. I tell you bc I have experience in this, as well as you and the other users.

Do you want me to tell you what really helped me? Social progressive exposure therapy. I guess you know what it is. If not, look for it on the internet. The best is to do it with a therapist. There are some extreme cases in which the therapist goes out with you on the first steps in the therapy.

I began my therapy with something as simple as greeting dogs in parks. Only the dogs.
I go on doing the therapy in some social situations that I still find difficult such as, asking for help to strangers.

I encourage you to try it.
I wish you luck!

Last edited: