I just got it lol

MentalyBlind

I was reading some posts today and I thought to my self, if most people here have a social phobia then how can they openly talk to millions of people, since it's on the Internet I mean. so in a way everyone on this site is more open than everyone else in the world, cause not everyone can talk about their "problems" so freely like we do...if so we are more social than everyone else.

Anyway thats what I was thinking

(Brain explodes)

aaaaaaaaaanyway peace out

Gaucho

hehe, i think everyone here is so open because they are anonymous, plus here are nice people and no one will judge the other

Nathália

^^ Exactly what Gaucho said. ^^

I've been to a website where the people were not so nice and judgmental and there is none of that on here. I wouldn't have even opened up, if others didn't do the same. It's just a supportive place.

I'm shy, but I don't like not communicating at all. I still have trouble posting on here, I sometimes regret my post, I worry about how I am portraying myself and how do people think I really am in real life.

I see what you're saying though and it's true. Many people may look around on this website, but never post, it's world wide and open to anyone. If anything, I would think that it would be a learning experience. Maybe people disagree. I've gone to other forums like with others who have physical disabilities and they talk about things that everyday people do and the questions that everyday people ask that annoy them or they find to be ignorant. It open my eyes on what to do and say to people.

That's how I hope this forum is viewed, I really don't know. I just hope.

MentalyBlind

I see this forum highly open and nonjudgmental, never read a single hateful post yet, and that's a record for it being online and all.

OceanMist

Not only are we anonymous, but we're talking to people that we don't even know in real life in most cases, and we are typing over the internet. All of those things combined make it way easier to "talk" to people on here.

People say stuff over the internet all the time that they'd never say in real life, I've found.

I hate to say it but most of us aren't more social than everyone else. If we were, we wouldn't be on this site.

Just because we can open up on here doesn't mean we can open up at all on the real world. I guess it also depends on the person, too. I'm sure there are some people that are the same online as in real life.

Last edited:

Richey

Expression through the text medium is totally different to the world of vocal interaction. The reason is because very often in situations such as at work, people don't want to really talk unless its about the work, then there are the cliques who have that arrogance and know all the inside jokes, for whatever reason, maybe they are on the same radar. who knows.

I see what you are saying though, it is true to some extent but interaction in the physical life is instant, you have Zero time to really think over what you want to say, so the extroverts are far more suited to group interaction and the like. Believe it or not but many people make judgements on physical looks superficially through perception as well. This is not an issue for people online.

For me I am only comfortable on my own which is a catch-22 because it means i recite my favourite movie lines and jokes but i dont get to share it with anyone. Or I can be functional socially (sort of) if i have had a few drinks. Which to me personally is giganticly dissapointing.

I know that if i find the right environment for me then i can become more comfortable to communicate more, but out of 5 jobs, 3 educational facilities, parties that i have attended in the past, i realise that finding that comfortable environment for me is not easy.

The only time i felt comfortable and relaxed in a group is when i was working on a university project with people who were mostly nerdy and awkward, i also felt that there was no real presence of ego or intimidation or authority, my true RELAXED personality showed up then. This to me proves that i have bad shyness issues.\\

conclusion: I am extremely self conscious.

Last edited:

dyingtolive

used to be really paranoid ppl would read my post and discover me but it gets less and less.. thinking, among non members, who would really waste their time snooping in these kinda forums. they may have a peek out of curiosity but yeah the anonymity dilutes everything down and it does feel more secret to me.

I don't really fear talking about some of my issues with people outside this site. If I had people to talk to that is lol. But i avoid people nonetheless because of fear they might get close to me. At least here you can hide and get lost and escape, so that i like.

Regarding mean people, i have encountered some. But only countable by my fingers. And that's by doing alot of backreading old forum topics lol. So at any given time, the odds are very slim to encounter a mean person in this site