I got duped!

I think thats inappropriate of her you had to give them your number incase of emergencies at work, thats not very professional but some people are flirty..are you sure you told her it was for work..maybe she thought you were giving her your number because you liked her. I think you should accept you don't like your colleagues and put up with it if you want to stay in the promotion. I think you should give your new job a trial period and after that time if you still dont like it then tell you tell your boss..but dont feel like you need to be mates with your colleagues after all you are all there to do a job and thats it. Maybe the woman is just trying to make it less awkward in the office i dont know but like I said id think that was inappropriate

Odo

Banned
In the words of another success story:

'In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women.'

.. and you have definitely got the power. I hope you're getting the money too!

In other news, yet another manager gets paid to make other people do his job for him.

MikeyC

I think you should give your new job a trial period and after that time if you still dont like it then tell you tell your boss.
I agree. It's a decent promotion so I think you should stick to it. If you're superior to these people, tell them what is appropriate and what isn't, such as sending flirty messages.

Steppen-Wolf

Sounds like she's coming on to you LOL.

Try to think about the whole thing as an opportunity to improve, you've proven yourself competent enough to get some authority. If you can improve your social skills maybe you could get promoted again eventually.

Hoppy

It is not a promotion if it doesn't have a salary increase.

It sounds as if the boss is tired of managing those two and decided to move the responsibility onto your shoulders. I should know, I've also done it to my staff.

The positive part is that he thinks you are good enough to manage them.

Make sure you do the reports well, ask for help often if needed, and ask for advice.

It will be good for you career wise, and if you stick with it for six months the new responsibilities will become routine.

And have a chat with Nikki, privately, in a public area. Soon. And keep notes.

Good luck.

It sounds as if the boss is tired of managing those two and decided to move the responsibility onto your shoulders. I should know, I've also done it to my staff.

Make sure you do the reports well, ask for help often if needed, and ask for advice.

It will be good for you career wise, and if you stick with it for six months the new responsibilities will become routine.

Good luck.

^ Good advice there.:)
Especially the part about keeping notes about what happened with Nikki, situations like that have a potential to turn real sour and you will need evidence to defend yourself.:thumbup:

Silatuyok

Yesterday at the factory, I get paged over the intercom. The boss wants me in his office. I'm thinking "just great, I'm either in trouble or fired". I go to his office and he asks me to have a seat. I can feel my pulse in the anticipation of something bad. He says "you've been a valuable employee, you were awarded "man of the year in 2010, career machinist, excellent safety record, blah blah blah" then he drops the bomb... "I'm promoting you. Not an office job (darn!) but you'll be doing your same job but Nikki and Josh are now your subordinates. We needed a team leader in the machine shop and I want you to please accept it". I was shocked! Problem is, I've never been anybody's higher up before. I know the two people, Nikki is the only girl machinist I've ever seen and Josh is a real loser. Along with my new duties, I'm also on emergency call every weekend (it SUCKS!), I have to fill out reports and make sure they do whatever the're supposed to do. I am NOT a people person and I have worked with these people for years but I don't just talk to them for the heck of it. Nikki bugs me to death talking all the time and the boy has got to be absolutely stupid. I don't like talking to co workers and getting to know them. I accepted the thing but I don't know how long I can take it. earlier tonight I had to tell them what to do and give them my personal phone number in case of emergencies. Needless to say, Nikki has been texting my phone off the hook, "I like you as my boss :)" "Why don't you talk more?" and my favorite was a picture message with her in a short skirt with the words "do I look ok in this?" I finally turned my phone off to escape it all. UGH!!! What do I do? Please help. :kickingmyself:

Yeah, that's really inappropriate of her and could get you in trouble if you don't nip it in the bud. If it continues, you should tell your supervisor. As for not liking your new position, you can probably tell your boss it isn't working out and go back to your old position. If he values you as an employee he will respect your decision.

I think thats inappropriate of her you had to give them your number incase of emergencies at work, thats not very professional but some people are flirty..are you sure you told her it was for work..maybe she thought you were giving her your number because you liked her. I think you should accept you don't like your colleagues and put up with it if you want to stay in the promotion. I think you should give your new job a trial period and after that time if you still dont like it then tell you tell your boss..but dont feel like you need to be mates with your colleagues after all you are all there to do a job and thats it. Maybe the woman is just trying to make it less awkward in the office i dont know but like I said id think that was inappropriate

Last edited:
I agree. It's a decent promotion so I think you should stick to it. If you're superior to these people, tell them what is appropriate and what isn't, such as sending flirty messages.

//////////////////

Last edited:

Good luck.

Last edited: