I don't understand why people want me to shut up

Diend

I was asking some questions to a chatroom about racism and whether race exists and suddenly they all told me to shut up. I couldn't see why I was being shut down as the chatroom generally talks about vapid internet memes and make no sense at all. The chat is honestly one of the few active chatrooms I know so it really confuses me when I constantly don't 'fit in' with the correct choice of conversation topics.

Yes racism will always exist and is still a very big issue. Most people can't handle such a serious topic and would rather brush it off. It's very controversial. That chat room was way too immature to handle such a serious topic.

Last edited:

StandingJelly

Its a deep topic, not one for small talk XD

I always would like to imagine a classless society where no one looks down on each other, and everyone is equal. But that's simply beyond human nature.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Yes racism will always exist and is still a very big issue. Most people can't handle such a serious topic and would rather brush it off. It's very controversial. That chat room was way too immature to handle such a serious topic.

yeahthat.gif

Diend

It's ridiculous because problems don't solve themselves when you sweep them under the rug. I'd say we can all personally relate to that

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Until there is an external threat such as extra terrestrial, mankind will continue to infight.

Only when we collectively as a species feel threatened enough that we question our own ability to survive that threat, will we put our cosmetic differences aside, unite and truly leave those differences where they belong..

In the past.

Livemylife

The chatroom probably prefers to chat about lighter, sillier topics, such as Internet memes. It's not an appropriate place/audience for discussions.

Argentum

Its a deep topic, not one for small talk XD

I always would like to imagine a classless society where no one looks down on each other, and everyone is equal. But that's simply beyond human nature.

The chatroom probably prefers to chat about lighter, sillier topics, such as Internet memes. It's not an appropriate place/audience for discussions.

^

People probably didn't want to suddenly jump into a serious topic when they always go there just to have their fun. It's not a sign of anything other than that. Imagine paying for a ticket to the movies, but instead of Guardians of the Galaxy they start playing a film about slaughterhouses and factory farms.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
It's ridiculous because problems don't solve themselves when you sweep them under the rug.

There's a time and place for everything.

People probably didn't want to suddenly jump into a serious topic when they always go there just to have their fun. It's not a sign of anything other than that. Imagine paying for a ticket to the movies, but instead of Guardians of the Galaxy they start playing a film about slaughterhouses and factory farms.

And not everyone enjoys talking about that stuff. One has enough stressful things to deal with to be adding unpleasant discussions on top of it all. The last thing I want after taking a break from work is to hear about the evils of the world. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

They may have thought you were trying to initiate some kind of heated discussion in the chatroom.

I'm sure that wasn't your intention, but trolls will sometimes bring up sensitive topics like racism, sexism, religion, ect. in otherwise civil conversations to derail and poison said conversations. To which most of the time the response is a clear and simple; ''shut up.''

I wouldn't think too much of it.