i cant go a day without being a disappointment

everyday i disappoint someone. somehow. and not like petty things like being late to work or something. but it's mainly my girlfriend and parents. does anyone else feel like they do the same thing? could it be all in my head or something?

MikeyC

You have a girlfriend, so you're doing something right. Maybe you can talk to your girlfriend about how you feel. If she's a decent person, she will listen and give her view on things. It may very well be all in your head, dictated by depression.

sahxox

I feel inadequate all the time... responsible for the problems of the world. Guess it was the way I was raised. :(

upndwn

I never give myself enough credit, even though people give me compliments all the time and reassures me that I do a good job. Somehow I don't think people are sincere and I can't live up to my own impossibly high standards.

jaim38

Yeah, it's weird how I can't absorb compliments at all. When people compliment me, I think they're either lying, being polite, or have some ulterior motive (like getting me to do more stuff for them). On the other hand, I let insults get the best of me. When people insult me, I take it to heart and think I must be "stupid" and "ugly" like they say. I also think I have some sadistic tendencies. I need to learn to appreciate myself more.

THeCARS1979

everyday i disappoint someone. somehow. and not like petty things like being late to work or something. but it's mainly my girlfriend and parents. does anyone else feel like they do the same thing? could it be all in my head or something?

Hey, Your doing good if you have a girlfriend because I dont have one and some of us dont have one. Any little misshap is nonsense. Try to forgive yourself for it and just try not to make a big deal out of things. It s probably just minor errors