I am a Study Patient of MiraDry for Hands

JustG

Thanks for your updates Travis.

Just as an aside. I'm wondering why doctors and other medical professionals don't employ the Iodine test when people first contact them regarding their condition.

Would seem to be one way of at least showing and supporting the fact that symptoms are present.

TravisHD90

Thanks for your updates Travis.

Just as an aside. I'm wondering why doctors and other medical professionals don't employ the Iodine test when people first contact them regarding their condition.

Would seem to be one way of at least showing and supporting the fact that symptoms are present.

I think it all comes down to Money + Time + Wasted Effort.

There is really nothing they can do about it so why bother. And they don't see it as a big life threatening condition so they want you to just walk it off.

etsveteran

Hey Travis, can you please update your story on my forums too in your thread? Add any advice in there too for those who might want to try out for this.

http://www.no-ets.com/forums

Thanks, and moderator as always let me know if you prefer my not posting links here. I try not to do it more than several times a year.

salli

@TravisHD90
so can you give me a short conclusion?
Has it really worked that much - in regards to the little spots that were treated, you wrote there is a decrease of sweat, ok , but has the sweating stopped in any parts complete?

maybe it would be useful if you write it down on top of the theme (first post)

backfish

TravisHD90 have you tried The Iontophoresis therapy ? it got me dry and I have stayed dry for seven years now .You can do the treatments in your home and the machine I use ,the Idromed 5 PC is easy to use and the treatments are painless. There is a very high rate of success with this therapy ,somewhere around 97-98 %.so your chances of achieving dryness would be pretty good too .Iontophoresis therapy certainly turned me into a believer . Give it a serious chance , you have nothing to lose.

TravisHD90

@TravisHD90
so can you give me a short conclusion?
Has it really worked that much - in regards to the little spots that were treated, you wrote there is a decrease of sweat, ok , but has the sweating stopped in any parts complete?

maybe it would be useful if you write it down on top of the theme (first post)

There really isnt any noticeable decrease in sweat as far as i can tell. I think the device still has a long way to go before it can be released. So we can only put faith in it. I am sure they can make it happen though. Miradry worked so i don't see why not for the hands version also.

Hey Travis, you did mention how the earlier device had more definitive results. Did they ever tell you how much of a reduction happened with the first study?

TravisHD90

Hey Travis, you did mention how the earlier device had more definitive results. Did they ever tell you how much of a reduction happened with the first study?

Hey man,

From what i understood the results of the first test showed more promising results. I never asked the Doctor specifically about the previous results but me and the assistant would always casually talk about the study and she did mention that the first test she actually saw very noticeably small holes(treated area) that were sweat free while the rest of the hands were still sweaty.
It was much more clearer then what she saw on my hands after she tested it with Iodine. Maybe my hands were much more sweaty then the previous patients, maybe they used less energy on me, maybe it is the device. I am not sure which variable it is. And i suspect that they are also trying to figure that out.

BUT i do believe the reason is probably the new device. Based on pure guess alone, I think that the first trial went well and they are now messing around with with it. Start big and gradually slow down. They are very bering careful to not harm the nerves while maintaining great results. The first device had a vacuum to suck up the skin(like Miradry), the one used on me did not.

Last edited:
Wow. 240 dollars for two visits? That seems a bit much, but then again I understand how much excessive sweating can impact someone's life. You have a lot of good information in this post! I learn a lot from the results you took away from the experience. I always thought about MiraDry for my hands, but I found out on a couple forums that if you have a good product, that it can be applied to anywhere and still work. I use a product called Certain Dri, I would apply it to my dry and not sweating already hand, and then dry with a hair dryer to make sure that the product is soaked into my skin. After that, I would get at least 12 hours of being hyperhidrosis free. This doesn't work for everyone and if you are a very anxious person, you will have less time without clammy hands. I hope you find a solution for your problem. If you do, please share! I love hearing all the solutions to Hyperhidrosis!

TravisHD90

It was actually 4 visits total. The initial visit and interview, the 2 times i actually got treated, then the last one where we talked and ended the study on me.

I don't know how well the study is going now but you guys can always call them to see if they would let you know.

its the Miramar Labs, Inc in Santa Clara California.

I hope they r progressing.

MiraDry are seeking FDA approval right now for a hand device. They are hoping it will be available early 2017.

I spoke with a private clinic in the USA and a consultancy here in UK. Price probably £2000-£3600.

dorianam

Thanks for the update guys @TravisHD90 @sweatymess

I hope it will be available in 2017! Ionophoresis isn't good enough for my 10/10 hyperhidrosis (hands and palms) :/
Even if it is 5K euros I don't care, I am gonna travel from France to anywhere to stop this sweat

See you soon !

solutionsexplor

MiraDry are seeking FDA approval right now for a hand device. They are hoping it will be available early 2017.

I spoke with a private clinic in the USA and a consultancy here in UK. Price probably £2000-£3600.

Where did you get the FDA approval info from? Appreciate verifiable sources

sinx

I recently received an email regarding miradry for hands.

Thank you for your interest in miraDry.

miraDry is approved for treatment of primary [axillary] underarm hyperhidrosis, and may not be used on other parts of the body.

We continue to explore indications for use outside of the axilla, including a hands study at three sites in the United States [California, Texas, and New York]. At this time, release for additional indications is not imminent. It may be 2018 when a miraDry solution for hands would be available in the US.

Best Wishes,
Customer Service