I am a Study Patient of MiraDry for Hands

Sprawling

I would consider my palmar HH pretty severe, definetly not moderate. Hands that were nearly dripping is far from moderate.

jamessmith112, I'm not sure what you are basing your information on? It is true though that ionto treatment doesn't work for everyone and we have surely confirmed that by enough people on this forum. I'm sorry that you are one of the unfortunate ones that got no help from ionto.

I would consider my palmar HH pretty severe, definetly not moderate. Hands that were nearly dripping is far from moderate.

jamessmith112, I'm not sure what you are basing your information on? It is true though that ionto treatment doesn't work for everyone and we have surely confirmed that by enough people on this forum. I'm sorry that you are one of the unfortunate ones that got no help from ionto.

Sorry, if I sounded crass. You mentioned before on the forum that you have generalized hyperhidrosis so I just assumed your palms were more mildly sweaty because it would be more distributed across your body-apologize for that.

It's great to hear that iontophoresis works with some severe cases. My hands literally drip with sweat constantly, and I mean "literally" literally haha. I've tried doing it for weeks-hard and soft water, with and without baking soda-nothings worked. I may have had a mild decrease in sweating but it's impossible for me to tell unless it's stopped completely cause it could just be placebo.

I've just grown a bit disillusioned with our treatment options. Nothing has worked for me and ETS is just way too unpredictable.

Last edited:

Sprawling

So to here how much you are suffering jamessmith112. It does suck when treatment doesn't work for everyone. I've had times where treatment barely worked and experimented with several options such as rainwater, Antihydral before treatment, Certain Dri added to the water. The mysterious thing is that sometimes these options worked great, other times not. For me at least other factors has affected my treatment at times such as high stress, fibromyalgia, medications, autoimmune disease, or just unknown factors. 50 + years of this. I'm fortunate that treatment has been working as of late.

I agree that ETS is a huge gamble and considering that I have a tendency over the years to get wide spread HH, I've ruled out the possibility of ETS. I have more or less come to grips with HH at this point in my life. There are just too many other factors that are worse for me.

I'm not sure how long you tried ionto for, how you did your treatment regimen, or if you you ever had any consistent results.

We are here to gripe and complain and offer one another advice. Maybe Miradry will be the answer for some, who knows. All we can do is hope and live for that hope. I never thought I'd experience the day that I'd feel dryness in my hands, yet it happened.

I really do know what it's like to have dripping hands. All I had to do is just lightly think about it and presto, they dripped. It's enough to drive anyone mad.

waddeyboy

I am a research patient. As of Oct 1, 2017, the company is currently undergoing a "cooling down period", but is still continuing trials. I have had multiple observations and a number of treatments. The results are very effective. They are not treating fingertips. Men are more difficult than women to treat, but I am a male and it has been working. The recovery is challenging, but depending on career and family situation it may be easier for some. I have seen a lot of posts of people losing hope in this study, but I wanted to let you know it is still ongoing. Let me know if you have specific questions.

-Sweats

So do you know if they will treat any part of the fingers?

sinx

"sweats" is not telling the truth,i called the miramar company and told me that the study is already closed.

waddeyboy

I called them too and they told me the same thing. They said that they plan on having the device out by 2018 though. Anybody else hear the same thing?

solutionsexplor

Can someone fwd the number to contact Miramar.
After the recent acquisition they've removed the update that was posted on miramar labs.

solutionsexplor

Thanks Waddey.
Just called them. Receptionist picked up the call and transferred me to the concerned department.
Rep told me that study/product is on hold. Miramar has been acquired by a new company and its up to the new owners to decide what to do with it.
Rep didn't confirm or deny any claims and didn't reveal any info. Just kept saying that its up to the new owners to decide its future.

May be she doesn't know or playing a safe game.

I would request everyone who to contact them via phone or email and generate interest so that new owners can focus on this.

Thanks

solutionsexplor

Thanks Waddey.
Just called them. Receptionist picked up the call and transferred me to the concerned department.
Rep told me that study/product is on hold. Miramar has been acquired by a new company and its up to the new owners to decide what to do with it.
Rep didn't confirm or deny any claims and didn't reveal any info. Just kept saying that its up to the new owners to decide its future.

May be she doesn't know or playing a safe game.

I would request everyone who to contact them via phone or email and generate interest so that new owners can focus on this.

Thanks

Sprawling

The acquisition of Miramar significantly broadens Sientra’s aesthetics portfolio, adding the miraDry system, the only FDA cleared device to reduce underarm sweat, odor and permanently reduce hair of all colors. The miraDry non-invasive procedure is safe and highly efficacious with a proven commercial and clinical track record. As of the first quarter 2017, over 90,000 treatments have been sold to date with over 900 systems installed worldwide and 2016 full year revenue of approximately $20 million, up 19% year-over-year.

https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2017/06/12/1017690/0/en/Sientra-to-Acquire-Miramar-Labs.html

Somehow I doubt the focus will be on Palmer HH. People are more familiar with sweaty and or smelly armpits. Look at all the marketing geared towards these products. The bottom line is what will bring in the money.

waddeyboy

I have been holding out for this device for 3 years now.... I don't know what I'm going to do if they don't get this hand device on the market. I have no other option besides ETS. And ETS is just way too risky. We all need to call miramar and Sientra on a regular basis to push for this hand device. My life sucks with palmer HH.....

sinx

i feel you bro,we are on the same situation.i'm about to undergo ETS surgery but canceled it 2 weeks before my surgery coz i heard about this new miradry device that being tested.i keep praying everyday that this device will be a success and come out very soon.

waddeyboy

I had the surgery scheduled too sinx. I just can't go through with it knowing that this device is on the verge of being on the market. I hope and pray it comes soon. All we can do call and beg at this point.

Sprawling

sinx and waddeyboy, have either of you had success or tried iontophoresis?
Oral meds?
Why the jump on ETS?

As per solutionsexplor's inquiry is that the project is on hold. Do some research on these mega companies. My feeling is that the priority for them will be to get the machine marketed for underarm usage. That market is huge and if that works out for them other companies will develop similar devices.

I think the trick is to see if at some point if the Miramar device and studies for hand usage is effective enough and will at some point will they release these studies. If the machine is not marketed for the hands will it still be able to unofficially be used for the hands and at what cost. The market will probably be geared to the dermatologists who will make the big bucks from the underarm treatment. HH is still hidden. I think it will be up to the dermatologists to push for more action and that all depends how many people actually are out looking for treatment.

I know nothing about any of this. I'm just expressing my thoughts. Just like ionto devices are crazy in there costs, yet there are so many affordable ways to do it. Granted that ionto doesn't work for everyone and I'm sure that's probably the same for the Miramar device. It might take one of the smaller ionto companies to further explore whatever it is that Miramar has achieved. The medical device field is huge. HH is small potatoes.

Again... I'm just thinking out loud.

AnOnIm

I have been holding out for this device for 3 years now.... I don't know what I'm going to do if they don't get this hand device on the market. I have no other option besides ETS. And ETS is just way too risky. We all need to call miramar and Sientra on a regular basis to push for this hand device. My life sucks with palmer HH.....
Don't have ETS. In some cases it gives you anhidrosis and Compensatory sweating (which is worse that HH). I also considered it a long time ago, but then I read the bad reviews - a lot of horror stories with ETS, people's lives being destroyed by it. I remember in one guy's review after having ETS he had anhidrosis in his upper body and Compensatory sweating in his lower body. So his upper body was very dry and very hot and his lower body was drenched in sweat, more so than with HH. It was so bad he couldn't even go outside. And anhidrosis has it's problems as well.
If ETS was only available for the hands I would of taken it also, but it's not.

waddeyboy

I've tried EVERYTHING on the market. Oral meds, botox, antiperspirants, iontophoresis...... Ionto worked best out of all but nothing to satisfaction. I wish they would at least release how the studies went so we're not in the dark about it. I'm going to graduate college in a year and be applying for jobs. I can't do interviews with palmer HH. It's just terrible.

AnOnIm

Haha, I remember when I graduated college and went for some interviews. At one I was so sweaty that before the interview started, I kept my hands in my pocket with 2 tissues. And when the interviewer came, he shook my hand and then wiped his hand on his pants :)). He didn't shake my hand after the interview ended :)))))).
This is the reason why, thank God, I have a work-from-home job. Just have to go to meetings 3 times a year to sign documents and stuff, sometimes I enter late, say nothing and leave asap and get off without having to shake anyone's hands. It doesn't pay well, but I will live with that for now. Oh, and I don't have a personal life :(
MY ADVICE/ what I do when I have to go to an interview, meeting etc:
- don't eat that day, maybe even the day before (don't worry you can go days/weeks without food), exercise until very very tired (so if the interview is let's say at 2PM, wake up early that morning and exercise a lot (cycling works) ... you will sweat a lot and get very tired and won't sweat as much at the interview, and drink water but just a sip every so often 15min. or so (you have to drink some water - it's very dangerous otherwise, people have died even after just 2 days of not drinking water). And soon after the interview is over..eat something.
Now if you have some health problems or something like that ... then be careful, but from my experience it works and I haven't noticed anything bad - do this rarely. Now I have to mention I have tried pills, lotions, iontophoresis... nothing worked. Iontophoresis worked a little bit - the hands itched like crazy (sweat trying to get through the skin) until a few minutes later... red skin and sweat pouring out of me.
Good luck with the interviews and like my mom says: remember that some people have missing hands, legs, terminal illnesses ... we just have sweaty hands (in my case other parts as well) it's not the end of the world, other people have it much worse.

Last edited:

Sprawling

Haha, I remember when I graduated college and went for some interviews. At one I was so sweaty that before the interview started, I kept my hands in my pocket with 2 tissues. And when the interviewer came, he shook my hand and then wiped his hand on his pants :)). He didn't shake my hand after the interview ended :)))))). .

That's why I learned to warn people in advance. Most people are pretty understanding. On days that my hands are more sweaty than usual I'll just tell them I have a condition called HH and I prefer not to slime you. In the future they probably won't even attempt to shake your hand, an easy going pat on the back works.