I am a Study Patient of MiraDry for Hands

TravisHD90

During the first few days here was a huge notice in sweat reduction, but they said that this is not the actual results because the area is still swollen. When the area is swollen, sweat cannot get through the skin. I am due for another treatment in 2 days. They will do the iodine test on me again to see the results. It really is kind of hard to tell as of now due to the treated area being so small.Holding my hand under a light as of right now though, i do see less sparkles than the rest of the hands, but again it may change when it is fully healed. If i try hard enough i can locate the pain in the treated area by press against my skin, so im assuming its still healing. Hoping for the best also.

The device will be able to treat fingertips and pretty much the whole hand based on my best knowledge. She did mention the finger tip for sure though.

The size of the device is about the tip of a toothbrush. It looks fully metal with a black line in the middle (i think this is where the waves come out, not the entire metal surface)
I think the whole metal surface is there to heat/cool the skin. I felt a sensation during the treatment but i could not tell if it was hot or cold. My hands were numb. It was a icey-hot feeling.

edit: oh yea comparing to my other hand in the same area, huge different in sweating. So lets keep our heads high =D

Last edited:
Thank you again for keeping us posted and answering all the questions. I really hope the sweat reduction stays when the swelling is completely gone :)

Last edited:

hh_sucks

Travis, would you mind asking them whether they will make the device for other areas? As a general HH person, I really want craniofacial area.

Thanks.

TravisHD90

Travis, would you mind asking them whether they will make the device for other areas? As a general HH person, I really want craniofacial area.

Thanks.

Hey i did ask them but the answer was not very clear. They pretty much said one step at a time....in a undecided tone. My best interpretation of it is that, it is not in the plans yet, but if the hand tech works than why not move on to the next thing. I have a feeling this company made a pretty decent amount of money from the underarms version and will continue to engineer more. And the hand technically is more sensitive and riskier than the skin on the face so......:)

updated day 3

Thank you for the update, hopefully the energy level increase will make for some definitive results. When are you scheduled to see them again?

justforgotfrag

First of all, thank you so much for sharing great news with us! Second of all, I have some questions about the procedure. What medication are they using on treating your HH? You talked about raising energy level, are they also using microwave energy just like MiraDry?

From what I'm understanding from your post, it seems like they injected your hands with unknown medication that might treat HH and spread it around within your hand with a big needle.

If you don't mind, would you please tell me more about the procedure?

Thanks!

TravisHD90

First of all, thank you so much for sharing great news with us! Second of all, I have some questions about the procedure. What medication are they using on treating your HH? You talked about raising energy level, are they also using microwave energy just like MiraDry?

From what I'm understanding from your post, it seems like they injected your hands with unknown medication that might treat HH and spread it around within your hand with a big needle.

If you don't mind, would you please tell me more about the procedure?

Thanks!

Oh no there's no medication. They are only injecting me with lidocaine. They do the same thing during the underarm Miradry procedure. The microwaves are so hot that if they don't inject lidocaine, you would probably feel the burn. Remember this is the exact machine used in the Miradry. They are only testing a new tip made for the hands.

justforgotfrag

Oh no there's no medication. They are only injecting me with lidocaine. They do the same thing during the underarm Miradry procedure. The microwaves are so hot that if they don't inject lidocaine, you would probably feel the burn. Remember this is the exact machine used in the Miradry. They are only testing a new tip made for the hands.
Haha I see. The one that is used for MiraDry uses vacuum to separate the skin from the sweat gland. Do they do the same thing here? The reason I am asking is because the skin and the nerves of your hands are so close to each other. Based on this, I wonder if microwave energy will damage other glands/nerves/blood vessels besides killing off the sweat glands

TravisHD90

Haha I see. The one that is used for MiraDry uses vacuum to separate the skin from the sweat gland. Do they do the same thing here? The reason I am asking is because the skin and the nerves of your hands are so close to each other. Based on this, I wonder if microwave energy will damage other glands/nerves/blood vessels besides killing off the sweat glands

You know, I asked them the same thing. They said their last trials had the vacuum system but the one they are using on me does not. I am not sure exactly how they are doing it without damaging the nerves. So far i seem to be okay haha.

justforgotfrag

You know, I asked them the same thing. They said their last trials had the vacuum system but the one they are using on me does not. I am not sure exactly how they are doing it without damaging the nerves. So far i seem to be okay haha.
It would be very interesting if you could ask them what they use instead to prevent damaging your nerves.

Thanks!

Thanks again Travis, it's good to hear that there were definitive results in the previous study. Hopefully they're getting close to something great here

hh_sucks

too bad you dropped out their research. So, are your palms back to normal sweating again?
Or is there any improvement of your palms sweating?

TravisHD90

it's pretty much normal sweating again. remember the study was only half rice grain sized spots which is pretty much nothing when the rest of the hand is sweating.