I am a Study Patient of MiraDry for Hands

I've tried EVERYTHING on the market. Oral meds, botox, antiperspirants, iontophoresis...... Ionto worked best out of all but nothing to satisfaction. I wish they would at least release how the studies went so we're not in the dark about it. I'm going to graduate college in a year and be applying for jobs. I can't do interviews with palmer HH. It's just terrible.

I'm in the exact same boat. I'm still holding out for this device, it would be completely life changing.

Sprawling

I guess it's human nature to cling to any miraculous cure of an ailment that can be debilitating. Outside of HH have an illness that is quite debilitating and there are always claims it's caused by this or that. HH is a piece of cake that I didn't lose my livelihood over. If only I could just get a hold of that magic potion.... it would completely change my life.

When I first discovered ionto I was amazed how it did change several aspects of my life. It's the other aspects that made my life worse that worries me. What I tell of my experience is 100% true. I'm not trying to make a point, but if I am inferring that you might be holding holding out for something that may or may not materialize leading to more struggles and more difficulties.

solutionsexplor

The acquisition of Miramar significantly broadens Sientra’s aesthetics portfolio, adding the miraDry system, the only FDA cleared device to reduce underarm sweat, odor and permanently reduce hair of all colors. The miraDry non-invasive procedure is safe and highly efficacious with a proven commercial and clinical track record. As of the first quarter 2017, over 90,000 treatments have been sold to date with over 900 systems installed worldwide and 2016 full year revenue of approximately $20 million, up 19% year-over-year.

https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2017/06/12/1017690/0/en/Sientra-to-Acquire-Miramar-Labs.html

Somehow I doubt the focus will be on Palmer HH. People are more familiar with sweaty and or smelly armpits. Look at all the marketing geared towards these products. The bottom line is what will bring in the money.

Not sure if they are working on upgrade. But a device for underarm sweat is out since couple of years. It's called Miradry. They've treated thousands of patients who suffered and some who simply don't want to sweat in there.
They have been working on a smaller and safer device for Hands.

Prior to aquisition, Miramar labs had posted that studies have been complete and looking for partners to market the solution in late 2017 or early 2018.
Now after the acquisition, that message has been removed and cant get the new team to confirm or deny anything.
My guess is that they do have the device and may need some tweaking.
New management doesn't want to come on record and confirm anything before they evaluate this completely.

If we can generate enough interest by making inquiries to the new company, they will realize the market demand and may expedite the evaluation.

Agree, hand treatment market would be much smaller than underarm's but it would be a good supplemental income for the company and I'm sure they'll charge more for hand treatments.

AnOnIm

There was a link on Miramar's web page -miradry.com/support-item/miradry-treat-hands-feet/ but it was taken down. I contacted them to see that people are interested in the new device and to get some info, but they only said that they currently have a device only for underarm sweating and would not give more info on the new device in development for hand-feet HH. They have already invested money in research and development, probably market studies as well, so I think there will be a treatment in the near future, hopefully.
We just need to "generate enough interest by making inquiries to the new company, they will realize the market demand and may expedite the evaluation."
I encourage everyone to contact them. If you can't call, you can simply write an email or ask a question by filling this form (lower on this page) https://miradry.com/request/ Be Pro-active. :)

Last edited:

Vigets

I have tried to contact both of the companies. Sientra never gave me an answer and Miradry is just telling me the canned version. So infirmation what is going on. Unfortunately the whole health industry is about chasing money, mostly they don’t want to cure you. Milking you with the treatments profitable enough. I don’t think cure will be available anytime soon.

AnOnIm

I have tried to contact both of the companies. Sientra never gave me an answer and Miradry is just telling me the canned version. So infirmation what is going on. Unfortunately the whole health industry is about chasing money, mostly they don’t want to cure you. Milking you with the treatments profitable enough. I don’t think cure will be available anytime soon.

Yes, except they cured Underarm sweating, so hands/feet is the next step. I think they are just working on it, testing and stuff, and they will eventually come up with a cure. Be positive:thumbup:.

Found this: “Thank you for your interest in Miramar Labs. We do have a research study underway for palmar hyperhidrosis at 3 study sites in the United States (California, Texas and New York). Currently the treatment regimen consists of multiple treatments over a period of months followed by 6 months of post treatment study visits for monitoring. The goal is to have FDA approval in 2018 for palmar hyperhidrosis” (https://www.reddit.com/r/Hyperhidro...mar_labs_has_recently_been_bought_by_another/)

So it looks like a 2018 release date is feasible.
so email and ask them about it "Email bombardment should help as well though as it will consistently keep them thinking about it (hopefully). "

Last edited:

Sprawling

I'm wondering if the Miradry procedure works for people when ionto doesn't work and also visa versa.
It sure sounds like a painful procedure.

Thanks sinx for posting that link