I abandoned my job today

I had an anxiety attack and I just had to escape. I didn't realise until I could breathe again what the consequences of my reaction were.

I don't have a job now, I have only 3 months worth of money, and I have nobody to talk to about it or even just hang out with or talk about other things... It's just me, penniless and alone.

My life has no purpose...

Froggy246

I've quit lots jobs in this manor, three months worth of money is actually quite a lot if you're careful how you're spending it, and gives plenty of time to sort something else out.
What's your outgoings like in terms of living, do you live on your own?

Would you consider sending an email or something to the employer explaining the reason you left abruptly was because of a panic attack? An appeal to emotion and good will or what have you?
It's not something I would have considered doing, although through experience I have noticed that employers can sometimes be surprisingly understanding.
But again that sort of suggestion is much easier to say then do.

If that's not an option then just use your first week of freedom to chillout, have a rest, enjoy your time off, even if it is just enjoying your own company for now, do the things that you like to do by yourself, you can always sound out about it on here or other internet places. Then the following week you can start looking at applying for another job, joining agencies if that's what you need to do, or do a 180 and decide to do something totally different. But no point worrying about it now, why not enjoy your free time, at least for a bit!

LazyHermitCrab

Panic attacks suck. You have the time now to look for a new job. You can make new friends online too. I see you live in England? Have some chocolate tea :)

Do you know for sure you don't have your job anymore? Maybe your boss would be understanding if you told them what happened. If it happened to one of my underlings I'd be understanding but then again, I don't decide who gets hired or fired. Best of luck :)

R3K

about half a year ago, a coworker of mine did the same thing. I work at a sit-down/casual restaurant and we have to carry huge food orders to ppl on tiny little trays. she dropped a whole order of like 5 plates in the middle of a rush and freaked out and quit on the spot. I was on the other side of the restaurant so I didn't even know what was going on until she was out the door.

she finally came in recently to get her w2 forms for taxes and I brought it up, trying to make her feel better saying all the new waiters since drop plates like hot potatoes (which is kind of true actually,) but I could totally sense her residual anxiety over the situation. I've had several near drops like hers, and the rush of anxiety at the thought of wiping out and dropping a whole tray of food in front of 80 ppl is terrifying.

don't stress over it. the more you think back on the incident and beat urself up over it, the more the residual anxiety is going to linger and torment your ability to rebound and fix ur current jobless situation

Use this opportunity as a learning lesson. You will get a new job and financially you'll stay afloat. The important thing is to recognize your reaction and work towards adapting it in the future. Life is only positive and negative through our interpretation. You have the chance to take this as a blessing in disguise, move on and find a better place for yourself in the workforce. Sometimes g-d has to tear down your whole life in order to put it back together more perfectly.

chelsipie

Thanks for sharing this. I thought I was the only person who has done this. I know it can be scary, but if you could talk to your boss about it, they may be more lenient. I know some people don't understand these issues, but you'd be surprised sometimes. I know that it's easier said than done, to talk to an employer about it. Hope something works out.