I’m bored with life.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I do think the biggest cause of the depression is the living environment. My dad's the kind of guy who leaves cartons or food on the counter, he cuts meat on the counter. The tile is missing in part of the kitchen, the a/c doesn't work so we use window units (it looks really white trash to me, but its better than no a/c), he tracks dirt all over the floors and leaves what ever spills on the floor there. I could go on.

I also find myself with a very strong sense of apathy. I almost remember the exact day I just gave up and stopped caring, it's like I'm just constantly going through the motions now. So for example, I need to get a job to pay for my car, but sending out 2 or 3 dozen resumes and applications and not hearing back from a single one just kind of gives me a "why bother" approach to it. Sometimes it feels like the managers just see my name and go "nope, not this guy," like my name is tainted or something.

Aye, ah cun relate there, pal. But then ah feel like ah don't really huv much choice wi' ma living situation. Ma mum doesnae want me tae move out tha house after ah git ma orthopedic surgery. So ah've decided to give up getttin' it. Because she doesnae want to be on her own an' ah want tae finally move on wi' ma life an' be happy. But ah just keep gittin' fobbed off wi' same auld guilt trip by ma family. I'm always the bad guy.

I'm bored wi' ma life, anaw (as well).

bsammy

Meet other people?
Oh that was simple :/

its not simple at all but at least youd have a built in ice-breaker if you were to take your kid to activities he/she wanted to go..that would lead you to talk to other parents..trust me, a lot easier to meet people that way than being single and starting from scratch..

MotherWolff

Banned
I’m reevaluating my life again and I find that I’m really bored with it. It’s beginning to feel mundane. I’m finding things no longer keep my interest. I got a dog, but even the little guy can’t keep me happy or content these days. How do you get out the rut when you’ve reached the bottom? :idontknow:

Forgive me if I am coming off as too blunt or even a meanie, but, how dare you depend on your dog or anybody to keep you happy as if it were your slave....

Its up to YOU to make YOU happy.

I CANNOT keep you happy or content, your dog CANNOT, NO ONE CAN!

Only YOU do.

Please check out my "Grateful+Joyful=HAPPINESS" thread in the Poems, Dreams, Phrases, Stories section of the forums.

I hope you would benefit well from it.:thumbup:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Ah don't want tae do wi' ma life. Ah don't know what ah actually want anymore. Ah feel ah spent tha past 14 years tryin' tae live up everybuddy's expections of how they think ah should be an' always failin' tae do so. :sad:

Feel ah missed oot oan a lotta life experience because ah cared too much how folk perceived an' whit they thought o' me.

MotherWolff

Banned
*Sigh* What is the friggin' point of me giving my honest, truthful advice to people if they won't even listen to me??? :idontknow::idontknow::idontknow:

Jodie-Tyler

Oh, thank god it's not just me. I am so bored with life and I thought, either that's the depression talking or I'm a spoilt brat who is just lazy. I still don't know which one it is, but it's helpful to know others feel the same. PM me if you want to talk - kill some boredom :)
Jodie

Kiwong

My every day is lived in constant anxiety, my thoughts are intense and out of control but never boring.

I spent a lot of years feeling bored at school, and at work, but I think it was a combination of seven years of panic disorder, knee pain and fatigue that was a wake up call for me. That was when I hit rock bottom. I discovered I wanted to fight to live.

Xervello

What depresses me is that ive pretty much wasted my youth doing nothing.

I feel the same. What's worse, and this sounds completely vain, but I feel like I've wasted what currency I have with my looks, too. In a few years I'll be 40, and though I still have my hair and look relatively the same as I have been, there's a small window of years where kids get to revel in the beauty they've been given, yet I never did. That said, I'm a guy. It's much more diffucult in that regard for women who get older than men. All the same, it still would've been nice to have some memory of a dumb, Dionysian experience I could look back on and laugh at or relish. But I only have myself to blame.