Hyperhydrosis case history

Phantom99

Hi all,

I thought it might be useful to build our case histories so that we have a greater idea of how each one of us suffers with this condition and whether anything stands out when we look at them.

So here goes...... Please answer the questions below if you are willing

1 - What age are you now?
2 - What age were you when your hyperhydrosis began?
3 - In what areas do you sweat?
4 - Would you consider it heavy, medium or mild sweating?
5 - Do you have body odour?
6 - Do you have heat intolerance ie feel warm all the time (excluding in very . cold conditions)?
7 - Body temperature, if known?
8 - What treatments have you tried?
9 - Which was most effective?
10- Did any cause compensatory sweating? If so which ones?
11- Do you sweat at night?
12- How has HH affected you?
13- Has your HH changed/improved with age?
14- Do you or any family member suffer from any allergies or intolerances?
15- Do you or any family member suffer from any possible allergy related . illnesses ie Asthma, Eczema, Hayfever, IBS?
16- Do any particular foods improve/worsen your HH?
17- Is your weight within the normal range?
18- Do you suffer from any other conditions eg diabetes?
19- Do you suffer from facial blushing?
20- Do any other family members suffer from this condition?
21- Any other things you have noticed with your condition?
22- What antiperspirant do you use? How effective is it?

This is all I could think of - please see my answers below......

1 - What age are you now? 33

2 - What age were you when your hyperhydrosis began? 12

3 - In what areas do you sweat? Started as axillary only. Removed sweat glands which lead to compensatory sweating in groin, feet, hands but also still have lower level sweating in axillae.

4 - Would you consider it heavy, medium or mild sweating? Constant but medium sweating

6 - Do you have heat intolerance ie feel warm all the time (excluding in very cold conditions)? Yes I think this has a significant impact on my condition

7 - Body temperature, if known? 37.7 degrees up to 38 degrees in bed.

8 - What treatments have you tried? Driclor, Sweat gland removal, Chinese medicine, acupuncture, Oxybutynin, glycopyrrolate

9 - Which was most effective? glyco seems the most effective but is not 100%

10- Did any cause compensatory sweating? If so which ones? Yes Driclor and sweat gland removal. Driclor was reversible.

11- Do you sweat at night? Yes I sweat most at night.

12- How has HH affected you? I am antisocial, avoiding people where possible.

13- Has your HH changed/improved with age? I have not experienced any changes to date

14- Do you or any family member suffer from any allergies or intolerances? Yes my son is milk intolerant. I may also have allergies/intolerances which I am unaware of. I have symptoms of IBS which may be caused by allergies/intolerences

15- Do you or any family member suffer from any possible allergy related illnesses ie Asthma, Eczema, Hayfever, IBS?
Yes my sister has Asthma, I have IBS

16- Do any particular foods improve/worsen your HH? Coffee,alcohol and cigarettes worsen it

17- Is your weight within the normal range? Somewhat above normal range but did sweat excessively when skinny

18- Do you suffer from any other conditions eg diabetes? Just IBS as far as I'm aware

19- Do you suffer from facial blushing? Lately I do but this may just be temperature related

20- Do any other family members suffer from this condition? Yes my brother has sweaty feet

21- Any other things you have noticed with your condition? Body temperature appears to play a large role in my condition. Body temperature is higher
- if I dont get enough sleep
- if I eat a significant amount of sugar
- I drink coffee or alcohol or smoke cigarettes

and therefore sweating is increased

22- What antiperspirant do you use? How effective is it? I find that supermarket own brand work best for me so using Tesco own brand at the moment. Not that happy with it.

Thanks

Phantom

Last edited:

alphabeez

This is exceptionally intelligent, nice Job.

1 - What age are you now? 27

2 - What age were you when your hyperhydrosis began? 19-21

3 - In what areas do you sweat? Hands, Feet

4 - Would you consider it heavy, medium or mild sweating? Moderate to
Severe

5 - Do you have body odour? Not usually, but on occasion

6 - Do you have heat intolerance ie feel warm all the time (excluding in very . cold conditions)? Yes, I always feel warmer than what I can estimate to be normal

7 - Body temperature, if known? I feel warmer, but my body temperature remains stable, at 98.0

8 - What treatments have you tried? Homemade Iontophoresis, there are signs of promise, but I am currently only 8 days into treatment.

9 - Which was most effective? To be determined

10- Did any cause compensatory sweating? If so which ones? Not currently

11- Do you sweat at night? No

12- How has HH affected you? It has obstructed my ability to do many physical activities, such as athletics, motorcycling, driving(which really irritates me and sometimes can be dangerous), TYPING becomes very annoying, no social fear, but I can sometimes become irritated as I have to explain to so many people who are essentially ignorant to Hyperhidrosis.

13- Has your HH changed/improved with age? It seems to becoming worse, although this may be attributed to the change of season here (end of spring)

14- Do you or any family member suffer from any allergies or intolerances? No allergies ever, until I was prescribed Zoloft, then later Lexapro and immediate following discontinuation of those drugs, I developed skin sensitivity to certain fabric softeners.

15- Do you or any family member suffer from any possible allergy related . illnesses ie Asthma, Eczema, Hayfever, IBS? No

16- Do any particular foods improve/worsen your HH? Any hot/spicy food will trigger an increase in body temperature, but this is usually when I'm eating so I have a napkin and a cold glass of water so I don't usually take notice to the sweating.

17- Is your weight within the normal range? 5'10.6'', 198 lbs, 10% BF, exercise on a "A" day, "B" day workout schedule and incorporate many aspects of physical training, this has gone on for over a decade.

18- Do you suffer from any other conditions eg diabetes? No

19- Do you suffer from facial blushing? Occasionally with embarrassment, but I don't usually get embarrassed.

20- Do any other family members suffer from this condition? Not to my knowledge.

1. I don't smoke.

2. I maintain a healthy lifestyle with adherence to a balanced diet and physical training regimen; exercise on a "A" day, "B" day workout schedule and incorporate many aspects of physical training, which seems to sometimes limit my bodies ability to sweat. On my Hiit, or Cardio days, a rigorous run or interval training will eliminate my hands and feet from sweating for up to 48 hours.

3. I RARELY drink! This occurs 2-5 times annually

4. Supplements: Glucosamine, Fish-oil, Vitamin(ON multi-vit).

Englishman

1 - What age are you now? 19
2 - What age were you when your hyperhydrosis began? Can't be sure, at least 9 though
3 - In what areas do you sweat? Hands and feet, recently under arms too :(
4 - Would you consider it heavy, medium or mild sweating? I'd consider it very mild
5 - Do you have body odour? Nope, only on occasion (luckily)
6 - Do you have heat intolerance ie feel warm all the time (excluding in very . cold conditions)? Yes
7 - Body temperature, if known? No idea
8 - What treatments have you tried? Roll on aluminium based deodorant, ionto, medication
9 - Which was most effective? I haven't found success in any
10- Did any cause compensatory sweating? If so which ones? Didn't notice
11- Do you sweat at night? Sometimes I wake up soaking wet, other times I don't sweat at all
12- How has HH affected you? Can't even begin to explain
13- Has your HH changed/improved with age? I wouldn't say so
14- Do you or any family member suffer from any allergies or intolerances? Yeah, asmtha/cat dog allergies
15- Do you or any family member suffer from any possible allergy related . illnesses ie Asthma, Eczema, Hayfever, IBS? Yep
16- Do any particular foods improve/worsen your HH? None of my knowledge
17- Is your weight within the normal range? Yep
18- Do you suffer from any other conditions eg diabetes? Nope
19- Do you suffer from facial blushing? Occassionally, used to be a big sufferer
20- Do any other family members suffer from this condition? Yes
21- Any other things you have noticed with your condition? Erm... it's the worst! Haha

1 - What age are you now? 24

2 - What age were you when your hyperhydrosis began? 5 or 6

3 - In what areas do you sweat? Hands and feet

4 - Would you consider it heavy, medium or mild sweating? Heavy

5 - Do you have body odour? Not really no

6 - Do you have heat intolerance ie feel warm all the time (excluding in very . cold conditions)? Yes I do not like the heat at all. Do better in cold conditions. HH is largely unaffected by heat, I sweat buckets regardless of temperature

8 - What treatments have you tried? Tablets (pro-banthine), antiperspirants, just starting Ionto

9 - Which was most effective? Probably the tablets but with unacceptable side effects

10- Did any cause compensatory sweating? If so which ones? Ionto seems to be causing my feet to sweat far more than they used to

11- Do you sweat at night? Only if it's hot or I'm stressed

12- How has HH affected you? Crippling social anxiety. No job, only ever had one serious girlfriend, who I ended it with because HH made everything uncomfortable. Amongst other things it has destroyed any chance at a normal life

13- Has your HH changed/improved with age? Gets worse every year

14- Do you or any family member suffer from any allergies or intolerances? A couple family members have hayfever

15- Do you or any family member suffer from any possible allergy related . illnesses ie Asthma, Eczema, Hayfever, IBS? Brother has quite bad hayfever, cousin has Asthma, apart from that no. I have none

16- Do any particular foods improve/worsen your HH? Spicy food seems to give me temporary HH of the face, it's like a waterfall once it starts. Other strong foods like cheese or vinegar can trigger severe sweating too

17- Is your weight within the normal range? Yes

18- Do you suffer from any other conditions eg diabetes? No

19- Do you suffer from facial blushing? Yes sometimes

20- Do any other family members suffer from this condition? Not that I know of

Thinking about HH is a vicious circle. The more I think about the sweating, the worse I sweat, therefore the more I think about it. If I keep busy, it's easier to ignore and deal with.

HHDisturbed

1 - What age are you now? 45
2 - What age were you when your hyperhydrosis began? 12
3 - In what areas do you sweat? Craniofacial: face, head & neck
4 - Would you consider it heavy, medium or mild sweating? Heavy when triggered.
5 - Do you have body odor? Not usually, I shower daily
6 - Do you have heat intolerance ie feel warm all the time (excluding in very . cold conditions)? Yes, heat and humidity are big HH triggers for me but still sweat when its cold. But my HH is at it's worst in warmer weather.
7 - Body temperature, if known? My normal temp is 98.3 deg F (3 points below normal).
8 - What treatments have you tried? I have tried various antiperspirants & glycopyrrolate (aka. Robinul Forte, Advert, & Secure Topical Wipes)
9 - Which was most effective? Glycopyrrolate (both oral & topical)
10- Did any cause compensatory sweating? If so which ones? No
11- Do you sweat at night? Yes, but more often when temps get warmer and more humid.
12- How has HH affected you? I avoid a lot of physical activity (especially in public), I avoid spicy foods, I stay in more when its hot & humid, I usually avoid crowds, it has caused many embarrasing episodes at work and in public.
13- Has your HH changed/improved with age? Mine has progressively gotten worse with age and is currently the worst it's ever been (prior to glyco).
14- Do you or any family member suffer from any allergies or intolerances? Not really
15- Do you or any family member suffer from any possible allergy related . illnesses ie Asthma, Eczema, Hayfever, IBS? No
16- Do any particular foods improve/worsen your HH? Yes! Anything even mildly spicy and even spicy smells will usually spark a major HH episode. Before glyco I avoided spicy foods in public for more than 20 years but at home I just wrap a towel around my neck and sweat when eating things like chilli, pizza, etc.
17- Is your weight within the normal range? I think so. I am fairly healthy. I am 6ft tall and 195 lbs.
18- Do you suffer from any other conditions eg diabetes? No, and no thyroid problems either.
19- Do you suffer from facial blushing? Occasionally from embarrassment.
20- Do any other family members suffer from this condition? My oldest son (age 23) says he sweats more than normal.
21- Any other things you have noticed with your condition? Tension, stress, embarrassment, heat, humidity, physical activity, spicy foods and smells and intense sexual activities can all trigger a major HH episode. When it happens it can take anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes to stop and finally start drying up.

Last edited:

aries86

Great idea :)
1 - What age are you now? 26
2 - What age were you when your hyperhydrosis began? Not entirely sure, 7 or 8?
3 - In what areas do you sweat? Hands and feet
4 - Would you consider it heavy, medium or mild sweating? Heavy
5 - Do you have body odour? No, sometimes feet though if I wear certain shoes
6 - Do you have heat intolerance ie feel warm all the time (excluding in very . cold conditions)? Yes, every once in a blue moon I will feel cold. I also feel hotter in the winter due to the fact that everywhere I go the heat is on, so in my opinion the winter is worse than summer.
7 - Body temperature, if known? Unknown
8 - What treatments have you tried? Drisol, robinul, homemade ion, dietary changes
9 - Which was most effective? dietary changes
10- Did any cause compensatory sweating? If so which ones? No
11- Do you sweat at night? I don't believe I sweat while I sleep, but I sweat as soon as I wake up before my shower.
12- How has HH affected you? It has had a terrible effect on my life. I avoid most social situations at any cost. I'm uncomfortable with myself. I have low self-esteem. It has effected every facet of my life in a negative way. I believe it has held me back in many ways and caused a lifetime of embarrassment and regret.
13- Has your HH changed/improved with age? I don't believe its gotten better or worse.
14- Do you or any family member suffer from any allergies or intolerances? Penicilin
15- Do you or any family member suffer from any possible allergy related . illnesses ie Asthma, Eczema, Hayfever, IBS? My sister has asthma
16- Do any particular foods improve/worsen your HH? Caffeine makes it worse. Alcohol improves it. Not sure of many other foods. But, I do try to eat very healthy and like to think it helps. I eat/drink lots of water, fruits, veggies, and whole grains.
17- Is your weight within the normal range? Yes
18- Do you suffer from any other conditions eg diabetes? Raynauds disease, which is concurrent with my HH. I only realized it recently. I've been researching it and I believe I have it. When it is cold out it causes my hands to become bright red. I believe it occurs because the temperature is so cold and my hands are so warm??? Can't figure it out, but it only happens during the winter time.
19- Do you suffer from facial blushing? No
20- Do any other family members suffer from this condition? Father and sister
21- Any other things you have noticed with your condition? Raynauds Disease. Intolerance to winter. HH triggered by many things, not just a couple. Other than HH I'm a very healthy person.

Last edited:

CharlesN

1 - What age are you now? 42
2 - What age were you when your hyperhydrosis began? 10ish
3 - In what areas do you sweat? Hands/Feet/Lower Back/Face Head
4 - Would you consider it heavy, medium or mild sweating? Medium
5 - Do you have body odour? Very Seldom
6 - Do you have heat intolerance ie feel warm all the time (excluding in very . cold conditions)? No
7 - Body temperature, if known? Don't Know
8 - What treatments have you tried? Swabs, Drysol, Botox, Ionto w/ glyco
9 - Which was most effective? Ionto w/ glyco
10- Did any cause compensatory sweating? If so which ones? If anything - the opposite - caused a reduction in foot sweating with no treatments
11- Do you sweat at night? Sometimes
12- How has HH affected you? Bothered me for sure. But never limited me in doing what I wanted. Certainly caused a lot of stress for me at times. Obviously super happy to not have to live with it at the moment.
13- Has your HH changed/improved with age? No it didn't
14- Do you or any family member suffer from any allergies or intolerances? Hay fever
15- Do you or any family member suffer from any possible allergy related . illnesses ie Asthma, Eczema, Hayfever, IBS? Yes, Hay Fever and IBS both
16- Do any particular foods improve/worsen your HH? Spicy food triggers facial sweating. So does overly hot temperature food.
17- Is your weight within the normal range? It is now. Was overweight to obese until recently.
18- Do you suffer from any other conditions eg diabetes? Nope.
19- Do you suffer from facial blushing? Not that I know of - and I embarrass myself regularly.
20- Do any other family members suffer from this condition? Yes. Mother and both my daughters.
21- Any other things you have noticed with your condition? Even before Ionto I never ever sweated from hands when I was out fishing in my boat.
22- What antiperspirant do you use? How effective is it? Axe and Old Spice. They both seem to work fine.

1 - What age are you now? 26
2 - What age were you when your hyperhydrosis began?14
3 - In what areas do you sweat? Everywhere, Feet,hands and Armpits are constant, any physical exercise even slow walking sets off full body sweating and anxiety/heat=Full body
4 - Would you consider it heavy, medium or mild sweating?Hands&feet Medium. Heavy for most other areas.(I'm Lucky)
:sarcastic:
5 - Do you have body odour?Yes ,if not showered with clean clothes
6 - Do you have heat intolerance ie feel warm all the time (excluding in very . cold conditions)?Yes, Tempertures over 10C set off sweating.
7 - Body temperature, if known? 36.9C (Measured with digital in-ear)
8 - What treatments have you tried? Aluminium type antiperspirants, Botox, Glycopyrrolate, Oxybutynin, Avert secure wipes, Gel Antiperspirants, Iontophoresis. Unofficial Treaments:Sage tablets, Scrubbing armpit with loofah and not using shower gels/antiperspirants, Green vibrance Powder drink(Tastes vile)
9 - Which was most effective? Botox for armpits works while sitting, not active however stops working in exercise and anxiety situations. Glyco/Oxy work quite well but give me bad headaches. Just started Iontophoresis and it seems to be working more sessions needed to get full benefits(Hands/feet)
10- Did any cause compensatory sweating? Unsure due to having generalised HH
11- Do you sweat at night? If I'm too hot.
12- How has HH affected you? Very much, I find it hard to go anywhere as I know I will be sweating its very uncomfortable. It's Made my social anxiety almost unbearable.
13- Has your HH changed/improved with age? Yes, for the worse. I may of had HH even younger than 14 but I don't think it affected me as it was not as severe as it currently is. From 14-18 had armpit sweating which was bad but the marks on my shirt could just about be hidden if I kept my arms down, now the marks are visible with arms down as such a large amount is produced(this is when very anxious) Also facial and back sweating has become a problem and another reason I don't like being around people.
14- Do you or any family member suffer from any allergies or intolerances?No
15- Do you or any family member suffer from any possible allergy related . illnesses ie Asthma, Eczema, Hayfever, IBS?No
16- Do any particular foods improve/worsen your HH? I have not noticed any foods improve however very spicy food can make it worse(however quite a few people without HH get a sweat on when eating spicy foods)
17- Is your weight within the normal range? No, I am quite heavy but also quite tall a do Lift weights. I feel the extra weight may only make it 5% worse.
18- Do you suffer from any other conditions eg diabetes?No
19- Do you suffer from facial blushing? :blushing:Yes when I feel embarrassed or if I people are looking at me my face will heat up and be red
20- Do any other family members suffer from this condition? No, Not That I know of.
21- Any other things you have noticed with your condition? Not sure if its linked but I dont like strong sunlight and the heat on my face, I find in uncomfortable.
22- What antiperspirant do you use? How effective is it? I use Mitchum roll-on, it says 48hr protection, but from what I don't know(Sweat Gland Ghosts) Not effective but It does help with smelling better.

Last edited:

Phantom99

Hi All,
Thanks for your replies. It is very interesting to see how others are affected.

I see that the majority
- are affected in their hands and feet mainly
- Don’t have body odour
- Have heat intolerance
- Don’t sweat at night
- Have some form of allergy in the family
- Approx 50% have some form of allergy related illness in the family

Body Odour – I’m surprised that practically nobody else has this. It may be because they don’t have underarm sweating. I shower every day but still have body odour from sweating.

Heat Intolerance – As I learned recently if you feel overheated then chances are you have a high body temperature. (I checked it before and it seemed fine but was reading it incorrectly - under my arm) Your body temperature reading depends on the accuracy of your thermometer and where on your body you take your temperature – see below from Wikipedia

Variations from thermometer placement
Temperature varies according to thermometer placement, with rectal temperature being 0.3-0.6 °C (0.5-1 °F) higher than oral temperature, while axillary temperature is 0.3-0.6 °C (0.5-1 °F) lower than oral temperature.

So if you take your temperature under your arm you can add 1 degree Celcius to it. Normal temperature is 37 degrees Celcius up to 37.5.
My temperature is 37.7 but goes as high as 38 in bed. I was hoping to reduce it to 37 degrees Celcius to see how this affected sweating but didn’t manage it. The 2 ways that I know of to reduce body temperature is 1) Calorie restriction only 0.2 degrees celcius and 2) Melatonin ( A sleep inducing and temperature reducing hormone) which is produced at night time. Option1 wasn’t sufficient and option 2 (taken during the day) didn’t work for me.
People have said that they still sweat in the cold but I wonder is their extremities cold but their core body temperature still high?
Nightime – your body temperature drops at nightime so maybe that is why you don’t sweat at night.

Allergy - The reason I asked this question was to see whether allergies was common amongst sufferers. My son and sister have allergies/allergy related illnesses.
Heat intolerance can be caused by caffeine intolerance but as I don’t drink coffee I wonder if there is anything else which might cause it.

Maybe I’m clutching at straws .....

Englishman

Just to add, I definatly think there is some link to a disfunctional thyroid. Many people have said that they've had their thyroids check and everything seems to be normal but I'm really certain it has something to do with it.. My grandmother suffers from thyroid problems and my father used to suffer bad facial blushing but did not have HH. I really don't think our condition can be blamed on overactive nervous systems, I think that's a bit of a cop out.

Phantom99

I don't believe it's an overactive nervous system either. If that were the case it would involve sweating only and not a raised temperature

Just to add, I definatly think there is some link to a disfunctional thyroid. Many people have said that they've had their thyroids check and everything seems to be normal but I'm really certain it has something to do with it.. My grandmother suffers from thyroid problems and my father used to suffer bad facial blushing but did not have HH. I really don't think our condition can be blamed on overactive nervous systems, I think that's a bit of a cop out.
Overactive thyroid gland = overactive nervous system right? So they can be the same thing.

I do think you're probably right as I have pretty severe HH and also have other symptoms associated with your thyroid, like insomnia. My GP mentioned I should get it checked once but I didn't.

HHDisturbed

Hey Phantom. First of all...this was an excellent post! It gives you an inside perspective of what others are experiencing in regard to HH and what they have done to help fight it. After all, isn't that the main purpose of this site: "To show that you are NOT alone"? There is certainly some comfort in that. Thank you. :thumbup:

Phantom99

You are welcome HHDisturbed. Im glad you got something out of it:).

I thought it would help to get to know each other better and maybe find out something new about this condition.

I would encourage everyone to post their history if they have not already done so and keep it up to date.

Let me know if there are any further questions you think I should add

Modam

I like the idea of this, I'll add my info!

1 - What age are you now? 32

2 - What age were you when your hyperhydrosis began? 6-7 yrs old

3 - In what areas do you sweat? now - hands, feet. when an adolescent/young adults I used to sweat excessively under my arms

4 - Would you consider it heavy, medium or mild sweating? medium to heavy

5 - Do you have body odour? no

6 - Do you have heat intolerance ie feel warm all the time (excluding in very . cold conditions)? I tend to feel warmer than average. My hands are often hot and red.

7 - Body temperature, if known? runs low, 97.1 every time I take it.

8 - What treatments have you tried? iontophoresis, drysol, certain dri, glyco

9 - Which was most effective? glyco

10- Did any cause compensatory sweating? If so which ones? no

11- Do you sweat at night? not usually, but if I'm hot I definitely will. I usually wear light blankets and am fine.

12- How has HH affected you? I haven't tried certain things (e.g., rock climbing, guitar playing), I can't wear certain shoes (sandals usually), and I avoid/hate situations where I might have to shake someone's hand!

13- Has your HH changed/improved with age? my underarm sweating has disappeared (I used certain dri for a year and now I hardly sweat - I use only natural deodorant, actually). My hands/feet haven't changed.

14- Do you or any family member suffer from any allergies or intolerances? I suffer from seasonal allergies and oral allergy syndrome, which means I am allergic to a host of raw fruits and veggies. I am also allergic to soy and have mild lactose intolerance. In fact, all my allergies are mild (usually just cause itchiness).

15- Do you or any family member suffer from any possible allergy related . illnesses ie Asthma, Eczema, Hayfever, IBS? other family members have seasonal allergies.

16- Do any particular foods improve/worsen your HH? caffeine, nicotine. Alcohol sometimes improves it temporarily (then worse later)

17- Is your weight within the normal range? top of normal range, but yes

18- Do you suffer from any other conditions eg diabetes? no

19- Do you suffer from facial blushing? no

20- Do any other family members suffer from this condition? No, though my dad does sweat an awful lot when he does sweat.

21- Any other things you have noticed with your condition? People with this condition tend to be introverts.

22- What antiperspirant do you use? How effective is it? I use a natural deodorant (Jason). It's effective enough to get me to the next shower, probably not beyond that, but I avoid chemical where I can.

SeanBoi

1 - What age are you now? 30

2 - What age were you when your hyperhydrosis began? Probably 13 or 14. I never realised it as a condition until 18...... when trying to get into relationships.

3 - In what areas do you sweat? My back and ass mainly. Backs of legs and feet too. If ecercising I sweat all over insanely :(

4 - Would you consider it heavy, medium or mild sweating? Medium sweating. Heavy if exerting myself.

5 - Do you have body odour? Strangely no body odour. Just wet.

6 - Do you have heat intolerance ie feel warm all the time (excluding in very cold conditions)? I get warm very quickly i.e. a short walk. Any sudden temperature increase will get the sweats started.

7 - Body temperature, if known? Not sure. Mainly normal but I will feel my back get extremely warm and tingly when the sweat is about to start.

8 - What treatments have you tried? Driclor and Oxybutynin. Magnesium sulphate supplements. Herbal remedies such as sage and burdock root.

9 - Which was most effective? Oxybutynin worked great but mild side effects like dry mouth. If playing sports then it is horrible, my throat get so dry that swallowing is difficult. I mainly use driclor now. I put it all over my back and bum once a week before bed. Stings like hell but then it's fine by the morning and i'm pretty much under control with sweating then.

10- Did any cause compensatory sweating? If so which ones? Nope

11- Do you sweat at night? No

12- How has HH affected you? Fear of relationships, fear of rejection. It has effected relationships in the past. I hold out hope to meet someone understanding. Unfortunately it can be a superficial world.

13- Has your HH changed/improved with age? No. Been the same all through the years.

14- Do you or any family member suffer from any allergies or intolerances? Just me really. But I have kept it a secret from family and friends. I don't want to be handled like I have a problem or want any sympathy. My doctor knows.

15- Do you or any family member suffer from any possible allergy related illnesses ie Asthma, Eczema, Hayfever, IBS?
My mum & brother have bad eczema but not me.

16- Do any particular foods improve/worsen your HH? Caffeine and spicy foods.

17- Is your weight within the normal range? I'm a healthy weight and always been sporty and active.

18- Do you suffer from any other conditions eg diabetes? No other conditions

19- Do you suffer from facial blushing? Yes I tend to blush in certain situations. If put under pressure or on the spot and when meeting new people. I tend to control it in the last few years. I think its just being comfortable and relaxed which comes with age.

20- Do any other family members suffer from this condition? No, just me.

21- Any other things you have noticed with your condition? Sexual relationships are a nightmare

22- What antiperspirant do you use? How effective is it? Driclor once or twice a week. And any normal antiperspirant to smell nice.

laure15

mid 20s

probably sometime during high school.

face, scalp, armpits, back, some parts of chest

Overall, it's medium but my armpits, nose, and back sweat more easily than the rest of the body.

Yes

6 - Do you have heat intolerance ie feel warm all the time (excluding in very . cold conditions)?
No

Probably normal

None, but I put baking soda on my face every shower, plus shave my pits every week.

Shaving pits help lessen the odor and itchiness.

No idea

Generally no, unless I move a lot.

It has embarassed me in social situations. I have become afraid of wearing light colored shirts in public, unless I bring a sweater to cover up. I also feel self conscious about my nose and body odor.

Maybe...

Mom suffers from allergies to pollen, plants, etc.

15- Do you or any family member suffer from any possible allergy related . illnesses ie Asthma, Eczema, Hayfever, IBS?
No

Hot and spicy food in general makes me sweat faster.

yes

no

sometimes

yes

it's genetic for the most part. There's not much I can do to stop the sweating except if I take medication which I try to avoid.

I use deodorant because I hear antipersperant contains toxic chemicals.

NickM

I can't remember a time when I didn't have it.

Hands, feet, armpits, groin/buttocks

Moderate

No

No

Normal

Aluminum salts (drysol), glycopyrrolate, sage, dermidry

Glyco, but the dry mouth was unbearable. It also made me constipated.

No

I sweat less at night, and very little if any when I sleep.

Sometimes I get depressed. I feel uncomfortable all the time. I dislike shaking hands, and it strongly affects my dating life.

No

Seasonal allergies

No

Not that I can tell. However, when I drink alcohol, my sweating is greatly reduced.

Yes, I'm in very good shape.

No

No

My grandfather had a more mild case of what I have.

It starts right when I wake up in the morning, and it's less present late at night. It's also terrible much of the time when I'm driving.

Antiperspirants are not very effective for me.