Hyperhidrosis while Pregnant

namrevlis

Who has had to deal with hyperhidrosis during pregnancy? The only thing that works for my severely sweaty hands and feet is iontophoresis. I know that no studies have been done on the effects of this treatment during pregnancy, so I guess it could be safe or could not be safe but no one knows. Has anyone tried it? If so, what (if anything) did it to to you and your baby? I'm almost thinking it might be worth the risk :/ I don't know...I just can't imagine going through the summer pregnant and not being able to control my sweating at all :( Please help.

Sprawling

Being male, haven't been pregnant during this lifetime.

Welcome to the group. Ionto is not recommended as jaim38 pointed out.

namrevlis

I know it's not recommended...but I am having a hard time connecting with anyone who has hyperhidrosis and has been pregnant. I would love some recommendations on how to keep it under control during this time.

Thanks for the welcome!

ukchick

I have had 2 daughters and was heavily pregnant with both through the summer,a bit of a killer! Not fun at all but just had to stay as cool as possible ie.wear light clothes,carry chilled bottles of water,stay out of the sun etc.I wouldn't recommend taking anything orally or ionto,I would just use topical treatments.Hope that helps xx

Sprawling

Maybe try Antihydral+Odaban together or separate. I'm having pretty good results with the 2 of them combined. Both are topicals.