Huge expectations

hardy

Why do all of us need to become perfect in one single day. It took a lot of negative thinking/bad habits(or whatever) over the years to become what we are now. How is it possible to "Let-go" all this negativity in one day?

Please be honest with yourselves and ask these questions.

One drop at a time fills the jug....all we need to do is put a little effort towards becoming positive. But we want a quick-fix solution to everything....wonder if it was like this in every thing. Michael Jordan wouldn't have to work so hard to become a champ or a Lincoln fail so many times to become the greatest president ever.

We think life is like Hollywood movies/TV shows where the actors get everything so easily. This is not true in reality.

It takes off so much burden if we don't expect to be perfect...stop trying so much. Let go off the need to overcome anxiety....it is draining us so much.

P.S: I shall try to follow this advice. Or i will be a hypocrite.

I don't know what to tell you, other then that people want to fix there mixtakes and can't wait up on them. I'm the same way, just to much I've done wrong to deal with right now.

Section_31

Its human nature to want things immediately, especially when something is so unpleasant.

One day at a time is all I can say.

megalon

To use the same water jug a-n-a-logy, I think maybe mine has a leak so it empties out as fast as I can fill it. :sad:

jaim38

I used to have huge expectations for myself, mainly because of parental and peer pressure. People tell me I might get into Ivy League, become a doctor or whatever, earn boatloads of money, etc. Now I could care less. Forget the huge expectations. I have fallen to the bottom and starting over again.

FriendlyShadow

Why do all of us need to become perfect in one single day. It took a lot of negative thinking/bad habits(or whatever) over the years to become what we are now. How is it possible to "Let-go" all this negativity in one day?

Please be honest with yourselves and ask these questions.

One drop at a time fills the jug....all we need to do is put a little effort towards becoming positive. But we want a quick-fix solution to everything....wonder if it was like this in every thing. Michael Jordan wouldn't have to work so hard to become a champ or a Lincoln fail so many times to become the greatest president ever.

We think life is like Hollywood movies/TV shows where the actors get everything so easily. This is not true in reality.

It takes off so much burden if we don't expect to be perfect...stop trying so much. Let go off the need to overcome anxiety....it is draining us so much.

P.S: I shall try to follow this advice. Or i will be a hypocrite.

I think I may have found what's wrong with Hollywood's standard of entertainment these days. Now, I know for myself I am not a perfect person and there's no doubt anyone is either. However, I discovered the problem with these commercials/shows/movies we've been exposed to, have unluckily been known to fall under the condition of Utopian syndrome. Everything is perfect, the men and women are perfect, the clothes are perfect, the house is perfect, relationships are perfect(even if they do fail), food is perfect, the rooms are perfect, the children are perfect(girls especially), everything is organized and arranged perfectly, everybody is flawless, everything is clean. I think too many of these shows/commercials/and movies, each have been caught with this generic Utopian disorder that it seems so scary. Too scary and distinct to allow to call it real life. And I think this where many people are influenced by the TV transmitting these signals in our brains eventually. It's scary. Even if these can't always happen and be accomplished, most people will still believe the Utopian brainwashing in their heads is how it should be presented in reality. Everybody must act or do something a certain way. It's just like being a doll. You get to dress the doll up, insult it, disembody it, or whatever you'd like. The doll gets to say nothing. It can't defend itself. I'm thinking Hollywood maybe the main reason why people think and act the way they do now, with all of these stereotypes and common formulas being shoved down. Channels such as Hallmark, Lifetime, all that similar crap are guilty for this. They are perfect examples of how Utopian happy, soppy, fantasy fairy tales are. Bliss, if one can be able to escape this contagious disease and try something else new instead of what's already out. I know I'm not perfect but that doesn't mean anybody can have big expectations from me of their type of ideal person because I'm actually not one. I think that's what's harder for me and being hard on myself.

Last edited:

hardy

@ilovelions.....that's the best thing i read for a long time. There is so much anxiety in trying to be perfect ...no wonder it's difficult to let go off this vicious cycle.