How would normal people cope....

xtina_fan81

if they were suddenly overcome with SA? say, which obvsly wouldnt happen, one day they just woke up with it. I reckon they would crumble. Makes me think how much stronger we probably are compared to them....in some ways..just a sudden thought i had.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
In some ways I believe some of us are stronger.

I've overcome so many other abstract fears through the coping mechanisms I've learned in the quest to kill my social phobia that I'm actually very good at dealing with some things the average person might find awkward or scary.

slimjim119

if they were suddenly overcome with SA? say, which obvsly wouldnt happen, one day they just woke up with it. I reckon they would crumble. Makes me think how much stronger we probably are compared to them....in some ways..just a sudden thought i had.

I've had thoughts like that. They would be in for a big shock. But most of us have had SA most of our lives, so we are conditioned to handle it in a certain way. They wouldn't know how to deal with it. They haven't had any practice.

oxygene

we are just used to the life with sp. That`s the only reason why most of us don`t commit suicide. It doesn`t necessarily mean we are stronger, but it`s true that normal people couldn`t cope with what we`re going through.

emofree

for me I think of myself as the weakest link on one of the pack i feel that i'm afraid to go out socially with everyone.

divethruhaze

yeah, we would be stronger than them if it suddenly came to them
but something like that can't just happen in one night lol, its always a gradual increase in intensity...

Ashiene

it takes months or years for SA to get to a severe enough level to affect our lives. so of course they wont be able to handle it. we can handle it (some of us) because we have months or years of experience.