How to Win Friends & Influence People

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I've passed-by it in the bookstore a million times, always turned off by the title. I figured it was full of hackneyed phrases and out-dated suggestions.

But since you've actually read it and recommend it, I'll give it a try.

reslo

how to stop worrying and start living was also written by this guy... it's a good common sense type book about managing worries. (I sold that book for gas money) It won't go into like the deep psychological reasons why we do stuff, but it gives like a good plan to follow. That guy has sold millions of books- I don't think he's underappreciated.

Nicholas

I don't really want to "win" friends or "influence" anyone.
I don't want anyone to tell me what I should think in order to be successful, and I'm not really willing to do anything that goes against what I believe in.

That's why I usually really hate books like that. Although there's often something good to learn inside, it's often presented in an objectionable way.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I don't really want to "win" friends or "influence" anyone.
I don't want anyone to tell me what I should think in order to be successful, and I'm not really willing to do anything that goes against what I believe in.

That's why I usually really hate books like that. Although there's often something good to learn inside, it's often presented in an objectionable way.

I agree with you. I had thoughts like this in mind, but was unable to put them into words :p