How to reintegrate into society

Rodney

It just feels hopeless... I haven't done anything in the last 5 years. I've been completely stuck. I haven't changed at all. I haven't made new friends, I haven't had an SO, I haven't gotten a job.... I honestly don't know where time has gone. I want to reintegrate into society but how? No one respects me, no one wants to give me a chance, I feel like there is no way out of this, everyone is happy around me, most of my peers are enjoying their youth, and I'm just throwing it/thrown it away. I'm constantly reminded by the failure I am. I can't even go to family gatherings anymore because I am a stigma. I can't get back in touch with any of my old friends because they would expect me to have had experiences (parties/friends/sex/SOs) and when they've found out the truth they wouldn't want anything to do with me.

I've been thinking that I will kill myself in 2014.

mismeek

You just have to start small. Don't try to jump in. I would just start with a small part time job. like a grocery store.. or maybe stocking stuff at night. You will make friends at work and grow from there. Don't fret sir. *pats*

Silatuyok

You need to start over, with baby steps. Don't think yet about connecting with old friends or impressing your family, just focus on getting yourself together and inching back out into the world, little by little. You have all the potential in the world, so start thinking about all the possibilities. By the end of next year you could be in a completely different state of mind. Just give yourself the year, at least, to see where you end up just by challenging yourself little by little, one day at a time.

It just feels hopeless... I haven't done anything in the last 5 years. I've been completely stuck. I haven't changed at all. I haven't made new friends, I haven't had an SO, I haven't gotten a job.... I honestly don't know where time has gone. I want to reintegrate into society but how? No one respects me, no one wants to give me a chance, I feel like there is no way out of this, everyone is happy around me, most of my peers are enjoying their youth, and I'm just throwing it/thrown it away. I'm constantly reminded by the failure I am. I can't even go to family gatherings anymore because I am a stigma. I can't get back in touch with any of my old friends because they would expect me to have had experiences (parties/friends/sex/SOs) and when they've found out the truth they wouldn't want anything to do with me.

I've been thinking that I will kill myself in 2014.

I want to reintegrate into society

This is great! You are feeling that the last 5 years have been a waste, it's really positive that you want to change, you can't change the past but you can put that behind you, start from where you are, and move into a new future.

No one respects me/no one wants to give me a chance/everyone is happy around me

Start by changing your thoughts around these statements - everyone has a balance of happiness and unhappiness, lots of people hide their unhappiness; many people love to help and will be there give you a chance when you need it; importantly, respect yourself first, don't let your past define who you will be today

I've been thinking that I will kill myself in 2014

No, make it the year you began to find yourself instead :thumbup:

Rodney

Thanks for the replies. I will try to start small but it isn't that I can't ask random people things or anything like that, it is that I can't have convos with strangers or form relationships because I have no experience or anything. I don't know. I'll figure something out.

I want to reintegrate into society

This is great! You are feeling that the last 5 years have been a waste, it's really positive that you want to change, you can't change the past but you can put that behind you, start from where you are, and move into a new future.

No one respects me/no one wants to give me a chance/everyone is happy around me

Start by changing your thoughts around these statements - everyone has a balance of happiness and unhappiness, lots of people hide their unhappiness; many people love to help and will be there give you a chance when you need it; importantly, respect yourself first, don't let your past define who you will be today

I've been thinking that I will kill myself in 2014

No, make it the year you began to find yourself instead :thumbup:

I like a lot what you said. I'll try and think more positive. Thanks.